PDA

View Full Version : Poll for Hennaheads only

indigonight
January 24th, 2010, 01:47 PM
Just to see how henna or henndigo users feel about henna and their hair!

Belisarius
January 24th, 2010, 02:30 PM
Actually i did a henna yesterday, and i really needed to do an smt today, my hair was way too dry. But i like the effects nonetheless.

Ma'am
January 24th, 2010, 03:21 PM
What does "Henna = Cheese" mean??

Katrina
January 25th, 2010, 09:58 AM
I used henndigo 3 times and it made my hair thicker and extremely tangleprone. In 1-2 weeks after henndiging, I could hardly comb or fingercomb it at all, because a comb or fingers didn't go trough it. Henndigo also dried out my hair a little. The color was lovely, but otherwise than that, I didn't like henndigo very much.

cobblersmaid
January 25th, 2010, 10:21 AM
It made mine a bit stronger, but not like some people's results. The main thing I like it is there colour and shine. If your hair hates protein, I would avoid it, as it is basically a deep protein treatment. Also, it pulls the oils out of your hair, so be sure to deep condition, and maybe oil for a few days afterward if your hair likes that.

AmericanWoman
January 25th, 2010, 10:28 AM
I think my hair is glossier/shinier since I started using it 2 years ago. I looooooove henna.

Nightshade
January 25th, 2010, 10:37 AM
Henna, literally, saved my damaged hair. It made it stronger, shinier, tangle less, helped stopped the breakage I was having, and with some tweaking gave me a light coppery red that is often mistaken for natural.

I love the stuff, obviously!

mugglemomof3
January 25th, 2010, 10:41 AM
I voted that it made my hair dry but also gorgeous! I think I was born to be this color, so I'll put up with the extra dryness. I think it might have made my hair a bit stronger too, but I can't confirm this.

FWIW, I use henna and indigo and amla.

Islandgrrl
January 25th, 2010, 10:46 AM
I voted that henna made my hair gorgeous and I love it, because henna blends my gray perfectly with my natural color. No chemicals, no damage, just full of awesome.

rach
January 25th, 2010, 11:02 AM
I say thicken and stronger because i believe it almost filled in the damage .
Total hair length saver if you don't find the colour an issue.
Colour for me is a awesome side effect :D

serious
January 25th, 2010, 11:34 AM
Henna helps me to grow my hair because it gives thickness, strength and incredible shine to my naturally pretty blah hair.

Euphony
January 25th, 2010, 11:46 AM
I love, love, love henna! It's funny because I've had a lot going on in my personal life so I haven't kept up on the roots as much as normal. I've had people ask me (when my hair is up) if I've dyed my hair because they see the brown roots. There's been several people that have been so surprised to find the red they always see isn't my natural color :D

It gives me incredible shine, I've had people say my hair glows. It's given my hair so much strength and it's simply made my hair gorgeous in color, shine and feel.

young&reckless
January 25th, 2010, 12:12 PM
I love henna! Its given my hair a better texture then cassia alone and I love the color and smell. I do still get tangles but I love the silky feeling of my henna'd hair.

Olde Soul
January 25th, 2010, 12:12 PM
I love henna! Makes my hair feel so thick and shiny, and the drying effects have actually been beneficial to me since I've got an oily scalp.

Anje
January 25th, 2010, 12:30 PM
Henna makes my hair temporarily thicker and a little drier. It can make my skin a bit dry and itchy too, though not using lemon reduces this and henna glosses aren't a problem. Both effects seem to go away after a while.

I don't have experience with how breakage-resistant my hair would be at this length without henna, but I can say that with henna it tangles, splits, gets white dots, and fairy knots. But I get tangles and knots from silicones, too... YMMV with anything you put on your hair.

Sabayon
January 25th, 2010, 01:19 PM
I henna-d for 6 years and now am going back to my natural color (and probably will have to cut it all out, but didn't answer that on the survey since I'm not having to cut it out from damage). Henna made my hair thicker and generally stronger, but more tangle-prone during the first week after I henna-d, although less if I used a really cone-y conditioner (which my hair doesn't generally like) after rinse out. I also shed alot when rinsing out the henna, although that was less true when I used fine-sifted BAQ henna.
Overall I think henna was good for my hair, but I would caution other light-hairs about how dramatic, bright, and permanent it is before trying.

Rhiannon7
January 25th, 2010, 04:10 PM
I absolutely love how my hair feels after henna, of course just after henna i do a deep moisture treatment, which might just be the reason i've never felt my hair dry after henna. henna and SMT just leaves my hair soft, shiny and feels thicker. that is my experience so far. ( been a henna head for years.) Henna boosts the natural red in my hair and makes it more copper not as cinnamon red which is the natural color.

nowxisxforever
January 25th, 2010, 04:24 PM
It made mine a bit stronger, but not like some people's results. The main thing I like it is there colour and shine. If your hair hates protein, I would avoid it, as it is basically a deep protein treatment. Also, it pulls the oils out of your hair, so be sure to deep condition, and maybe oil for a few days afterward if your hair likes that.

I don't have any dryness issues with henna past the first 1-3 days of oxidation-- my recommendation: put one full bottle of no-cone conditioner in your mix. It dilutes it a little bit, but it assists in spreadability and smoothness while applying, and helps counteract the 'drying' effect a lot of henna users experience. You can also put oils in your mix, I put a few spoons of coconut oil in mine. I use 1-2 bottles of conditioner to get the stuff out of my hair and apply oil to my length immediately after. I basically just go to the store and grab a bunch of v05 and use my oils. :)

prosperina
January 25th, 2010, 04:41 PM
I voted that henna makes my hair gorgeous and that I love it.

I don't see that there has been any reduction in tangles or an improvement in strength, but I had tough hair to begin with. I'm seeing a slight reduction in my waviness on the hair that is henna/cassia only.

I probably should have voted that it allowed me to grow my hair long because I would have gotten too bored with my natural color and I already knew that the chemical dye was stunting my growth, but I could have easily grown my natural color out too.

Yesterday I had the (really obvious) idea to coat my hair in oil before I did my roots. That really helped with the normal dry hair. Even though I only do my roots the henna and cassia run down my hair as I wash it out and I end up with dry, big hair. Oiling was so helpful.

Avalonna
January 25th, 2010, 07:30 PM
I voted thicker, stronger, and gorgeous!

khyricat
January 25th, 2010, 08:05 PM
mine gets a bit dryer... but nothing I can't handle.. its got more volume immediately post henna.

GoatLady
November 1st, 2022, 09:59 PM
I have been a henna head for almost 15 years. I love it!