PDA

View Full Version : DE (Diatomaceous Earth)

natorade
January 23rd, 2010, 04:05 PM
I received my DE today. Has nayone tried the More Than Alive brand? that is what I got. How much should I start with? I am kind of scared to take it. I always get scared trying something new.

LawyerGirl
January 23rd, 2010, 04:20 PM
I have a different brand but make sure it says "food grade" on it. I started with a small teaspoon full.

natorade
January 23rd, 2010, 04:36 PM
This is what the more than alive web site says the DE is Perma-Guard Diatomaceous Earth is 84% Silicon Dioxide (Silica). So, I am assuming it is Perma - Guard brand

longforhim
January 23rd, 2010, 08:12 PM
I have been taking the morethanalive DE for almost 2 weeks now. I started with 1 Tbls a day. Haven't had any negative side effects with starting at a Tbls. Hope that helps!

Ally<3
January 23rd, 2010, 08:15 PM
I feel silly, but what is DE?

[mod: see new title]

natorade
January 24th, 2010, 02:04 PM
I started today with 1 tsp...after a week I will move up to 1 tbls...it has no real taste to it just a chalky texture...I hope it helps my hair

erinsbigsister
February 27th, 2010, 07:39 AM
I ordered from them, also...and started at a TBSP per day (a week ago). How are things going for you??? Have you notice any benefits (digestive, skin, hair) yet?

Thanks!

Java
May 10th, 2011, 04:35 AM
I have taken it a few times, no more than a couple teaspoons. I found that you must increase you water intake - no joke. I do not break out, though from not drinking enough water, I am certain it caused one zit. It was bad and painful for 2 days, but that was it.
Other than that, the digestion improvement is no myth. Works well. I wont speak on hair growth yet, I paid little attention to it till recently and don't have previous notes to compare to. Hope that is useful.

cosmic crusader
February 1st, 2014, 01:17 PM
Old thread, but reviving.

I've been using DE to gently deworm my cats and dogs biannually the past couple of years, using food grade permaguard. I just began taking it with them a week ago and I had forgotten about the supposed quicker growth side effect! I hope it is real! For the record, this was cleared with the veterinarian, and we will only be taking it for a total of three weeks until the fall. I remember that other thread where someone claimed multiple inches in days, and while I don't expect anything that dramatic (in my dreams, haha!), I would be stoked to experience a little spurt!