PDA

View Full Version : Which supplements do you take?

Kristin
January 23rd, 2010, 08:55 AM
What are you taking?
What do you think has made the biggest difference in your hair?
Is there anything else you are planning/would like to try?

I'm currently taking a whole bunch of different stuff in an attempt to boost my growth. Last night I got my MSM, so now I'm taking Mega-Hair vitamins, 5,000 mcg Biotin, 1,000 mg MSM, and 2 tbsp Diatomaceous Earth each day. Once a week, I use Monistat on my scalp. So far, I think the DE has made the most difference. Admittedly, I am becoming a bit obessive and measuring constantly, so even if I get "good" growth, it feels like nothing. I was tempted to get that Mega-Tek horse stuff, but it's so expensive I should wait until I run out of monistat.

Off -topic, but... Yesterday at work, someone said my hair was getting long. I was so happy! Then she asked when I was going to cut it. :(

Calista
January 23rd, 2010, 09:06 AM
I don´t take anything but leave it up to nature. ;) I try to be good to myself generally by eating well, but I don´t do anything special for my hair.

tina1025
January 23rd, 2010, 10:57 AM
I have been taking hairtopia vitamins......I think i have noticed a huge difference in my hair.....I h ave been taking them on and off for years and when i look back at my hair pics (when i was taking the vitamins) they look a lot thicker and healthier so i have decided to go back on it..........Obviously along with the vitamins i eat healthy food, work out and dont apply heat and use chemicals on my hair.

rosyaddie
January 23rd, 2010, 11:07 AM
I take Mason Naturals vitamins, Extra Strength Hair Formula... It has biotin and silica. I'm not quite sure whether I've noticed a difference in my hair, but I definitely have in my nails. :P

Lemur_Catta
January 23rd, 2010, 11:21 AM
I take a multivitamin, but I have for a long time, so it is not hair related. I am looking into some sort of silica supplements, but I haven't found anything here yet.

Beaglebuddy
January 23rd, 2010, 12:47 PM
I take 1 - 5000 mg of Biotin, 1 - Omega 3-6-9, and 1 B-complex. I really think the Biotin has helped the growth of my hair.

jojo
January 24th, 2010, 12:34 PM
I also take DE, msm, glucosamie and iron and have noticed better growth but I put this down to my body lacking these nutrients rather than making my hair grow quicker, maybe my natural growth is quite fast but due to my diet maybe lacking in certain vitamin and minerals is does not grow to its full potential?

Either way, i am sticking with them as they do benefit my health as well as the quality of my hair.

treesandcoffee
January 24th, 2010, 12:41 PM
I agree that a balanced diet helps! I also do cardio several times a week at the gym to help get my hair growing (among other benefits).

Supplements, I've just started Evening Primrose Oil 3 weeks ago. It's too soon to say what's going on from that. I've toyed with the idea of biotin and silica, but not committed to either yet. I'm just going to see how EPO goes.

AstrayStar
January 24th, 2010, 01:16 PM
I take a multi and an iron pill (I am low) but I haven't noticed any effect to my hair.

masa_inn
January 24th, 2010, 01:38 PM
I take MSM (it's actually for my knee problems, but seems to positively affect my hair) and Biotin. I've been thinking to quit Biotin - I suspect my skin problems are caused by it.

Forever_Sophie
January 24th, 2010, 02:11 PM
Right now, 5000mcg biotin, a multi, iron, zinc, Evening Primrose oil, vit. D.

Biotin has made a visible diffence in the rate of growth, and EPO has helped with heavy shedding.

akilina
January 24th, 2010, 02:33 PM
I only take a B complex vitamin. And C. And one with d and calcium. the D one isnt really for hair growth at all. Just one that I take. I am happy with my B vitamin i guess. Maybe when its all gone ill get some supplement like hair skin and nails but idk. I used to take biotin but it made me break out so badly and gave me terrible headaches. I'm not really concerned with taking a bunch of extra supplements just for hair growth when it doesnt really help me all too much.

elina333
January 24th, 2010, 04:19 PM
I take a swedish supplement called Hårkotroll (translates to Hair Control) which contains silica, biotin and lots of other vitamins and minerals. Its amazing and my hair is SO much better from taking it! :D

Debra83
January 24th, 2010, 04:52 PM
I take a multivitamin which has trace minerals and B50 complex, Omega 3-6-9, A, E, D, Folic Acid, C, silica, and msm, calcium/magnesium (synergistic formula). I may have forgotten somebody...., but anyway, my hair is growing at a rate I can live with, and my nails are too! My skin is doing great from the silica too.

Fairlight63
January 24th, 2010, 06:04 PM
I take a boat load of vit.
Maxi Hair, Calcium, gelatin, garlic, vit. C, Fish Oil, B100 Complex, Multi. vit., Magnesium, MSM, Biotin, zinc, Vit. E, Chlorella, and DE when I rec. it.

Kristin
January 24th, 2010, 08:08 PM
I work out and eat healthy, too (been a vegetarian for several years and TRY to eat 2 lbs. of veggies every day). But I think it's ok to try the supplements. For some reason, I really like taking DE... don't know why. Maybe because I mix it into hot cocoa! Haha.

~*BeautyWitch*~
January 24th, 2010, 08:21 PM
I've always taken a Multi every since I can remember. Nothing fancy or expensive, just a Flinstone Complete or 2 Gummies. It's way more conveinent for me since I buy them for my son and so I usually remember to take it and also very yummy. I've also been taking GNC's Multi Oil. My mom use to force me to take nasty Cod Liver Oil everyday so I got back in the habit of taking an oil supplement a couple years ago. I've noticed my scalp doesn't get as dry and my hair has a natural healthy sheen to it.

I like the GNC brand because it has so may great oils in it and I don't have to taste it.

Zaane
January 24th, 2010, 09:00 PM
i only take my multi (Spectro multi-vitamin) and 5000mcg biotin. just recently started taking it, about a week now, and i cant wait to see the difference it makes lol (if any :P)

natorade
January 24th, 2010, 09:52 PM
I use to take GNC nourishhair but the biotin broke me out badly, which was sad because I felt it helped make my hair healthier and thicker. I then started taking swanson silicon and gelatin capsules, I had no problem with them and I think they helped a little. I just started taking DE today, so I will try that for a few weeks and see how it helps. I also take 1000 mg MSM. My complexion has been nice since I started taking the silicon and gelatin caps.

Felix_D
January 25th, 2010, 03:34 AM
I went the the store today to pick up some biotin, but I didn't see it. I also couldn't find vitamin B7, and B7 isn't included in the multi-B's.

Is it called something else? I'm in Canada, if that makes a difference. Thanks! :)

pepperedmoth
January 25th, 2010, 04:50 AM
I don't take anything for hair specifically, but I do take a daily prenatal vitamin (not pregnant or planning to be so, but want to be ready just in case), plus a calcium-vitamin D supplement when I remember ('cause osteoporosis runs in my family).

I do love the prenatal. It really helps with the fatigue from my chronic tendency towards sub-clinical anemia, the b-complex in it helps balance out my moods, and I'm pretty sure the trace minerals have helped my hair and nails.

I'm really not into tons of supplements, other than that.

Forever_Sophie
January 25th, 2010, 07:45 AM
I went the the store today to pick up some biotin, but I didn't see it. I also couldn't find vitamin B7, and B7 isn't included in the multi-B's.

Is it called something else? I'm in Canada, if that makes a difference. Thanks! :)

Hi! I work at Nutrition House, it's called biotin here (K-town, ON...). You can get the one by the brand NOW, it comes in 1000mcg/pill. That's the highest dose we have. HTH :)

JamieLeigh
January 25th, 2010, 08:41 AM
I've been taking a Hair, Skin & Nails formula vitamin, which contains 3000 mcg of biotin for several years now. I'm not sure what exactly has changed with my hair, because I didn't really pay my hair a lot of attention at the time I started taking it, but my skin loves it. :D

tokidokichi
March 10th, 2010, 11:48 PM
I am taking Nioxin Intensive Therapy Recharge Complex. I noticed about 3/4-1 inch a month, my hair normaly grows half an inch a month. I decided recently to order hairtopia's vitamins and amino acids and see if that gets me more growth. I also ordered something called Capilong psb/37 that I read about in a magazing and researched it and decided to give it a try. Supposedly, it adds 1"-1 1/2" a month to what your hair grows normaly. Its a liquid you apply to your scalp and leave in. There is a 60 day money back garuntee and promises noticible results within 14 days so we will see! I'll keep updating =]

TXbarbie
March 11th, 2010, 02:29 AM
I take 2000 mcg of biotin (new) and a daily multivitamin. I haven't really noticed any change in my hair but my nails are stronger!

metalgypsy85
March 11th, 2010, 10:02 AM
I take a daily multivitamin and a flax supplement.

Cleopatra18
March 11th, 2010, 10:11 AM
i take 5000 mcg biotin,B complex and omega 3 (as salmon oil) daily....
for those who say biotin caused breakouts..YES IT DOES but u can prevent it by drinking ALOT of water dialy and taking b complex or vitamin C along with it..that rly rly helps ive been taking it 4 about a month n didnt get any breakouts nd i dont expect to have.

jenga
March 11th, 2010, 10:52 AM
I take fish oil, a general hair, nails & skin vitamin, and silica everyday and my hair growth has sped up a little (from the average 0.5" to about 0.7" per month).

MonikaHa
March 11th, 2010, 01:46 PM
I used to take silica and some calcium, and that worked great, however after my pregnancy a lot of my hair fell out, so I got some INNEOV, which has helped tremendously.

skysraine
March 11th, 2010, 02:00 PM
I Know this is probably gonna sound funny but HONESTLY... Google it if you want "Apple Cider Vinegar" is the BESt. I use this method Twice a month. XOXO

Vinegar Hair Rinse – Natural Hair Care Product

Hair is on the mildly acidic side of the pH scale and has an ideal pH of 4.5 to 5.5, which is close to that of an apple cider vinegar rinse (pH 2.9).

Article continued here:
http://www.apple-cider-vinegar-benefits.com/natural-hair-care-product.html

little_cherry
March 11th, 2010, 02:06 PM
^that's fantastic! Thanks for sharing, skysraine :)
I take calcium+vitamin D, Biotin, Garlic, granulated bee pollen and iron.

curlylocks85
March 11th, 2010, 02:13 PM
1 tablet per day of D-3 1000 IU
1 tablet per day of Fish Oil 1000 mg
1 tablet per day of MSM 1000mg
1/2 tablet per day of Biotin 500 mcg
1 Multi-vitamin every other day
1 Prenatal Vitamin ever other day

I have had an increase in my growth in the last two months, but I am still going to give it six months maybe longer to determine if the vitamins and supplements are actually working.

urara12
March 11th, 2010, 02:44 PM
I am taking * Hair ReVive* now about 3weeks.
before I was taking Biotin 5mg and vitamin C.
but I didn't see any result.
there is many hair growing since I am taking the ReVive.
and getting less shed when I do shampoo.

allnaturalboy
March 11th, 2010, 02:57 PM
I don't really take anything specifically for hair, but some of the things I do take I've heard are good for your hair as well. :) I take aloe vera(digestive health), spirulina(general health and vegetable protein), fish oil, bilberry(I've heard it improves eyesight and night vision), valerian root(relaxation and more restful sleep), and nettle blend(lots of vitamins and minerals).
I don't really take a vitamin supplement, per se, but a lot of herbal stuff. I like everything I put in and on my body to be as natural as possible.
Also, I've heard that vitamin supplements, for the most part, generally aren't all that good for you. The best way to absorb vitamins in your body is through food and I follow that religiously. Herbals are just to give me an extra boost in case I'm not incorporating all the vitamins I should be getting in my body through my diet. I have noticed a difference in my hair and overall health since I started my healthy routine a few years back. My hair has more body to it and my skin is a lot less prone to breakouts.

Kristin
March 11th, 2010, 04:29 PM
Also, I've heard that vitamin supplements, for the most part, generally aren't all that good for you. The best way to absorb vitamins in your body is through food and I follow that religiously. Herbals are just to give me an extra boost in case I'm not incorporating all the vitamins I should be getting in my body through my diet. I have noticed a difference in my hair and overall health since I started my healthy routine a few years back. My hair has more body to it and my skin is a lot less prone to breakouts.

I agree. I don't think anyone here is saying that you should live on junk and rely solely on supplements for hair growth or health. I eat a primarily vegan diet, including about 2 lbs. of vegetables per day, but I think it's ok to take supplements in moderate amounts to maximize my hair growth. I would not take anything that was harmful to the rest of my body, but good for my hair.

My skin has also improved since becoming a vegetarian. (Sorry for the mini-hijack)

pennyroyal
March 11th, 2010, 04:40 PM
i take a prenatal vitamin everyday & have been for years. it does seem to help my hair grow faster, my nails too.
i am also a vegetarian so i eat quite healthy which probably helps.

Dimitri'sMom
March 11th, 2010, 04:59 PM
I take prenatal vitamins with a fish oil capsule and a spoonful of molasses every day.

Bellatrix
March 11th, 2010, 05:06 PM
I take 5000 biotin from Puritan's Pride and the Mega Active multi from GNC. I notice I feel better in general with the multi and my nails grow a lot nicer with the biotin. My hair seems to be growing a tad faster, but I can't say for certain at this point. (I've only been taking the biotin for a few weeks.)

christine1989
March 11th, 2010, 05:11 PM
I take 5,000 mcg of biotin too as well as horsetail and they both make a difference. The biotin had been thickening my hair and the horsetail gives me about 1 inch of growth per month.

missmandy
March 11th, 2010, 05:35 PM
biotin and a multi. and calcium. :D

allnaturalboy
March 11th, 2010, 05:41 PM
I agree. I don't think anyone here is saying that you should live on junk and rely solely on supplements for hair growth or health. I eat a primarily vegan diet, including about 2 lbs. of vegetables per day, but I think it's ok to take supplements in moderate amounts to maximize my hair growth. I would not take anything that was harmful to the rest of my body, but good for my hair.

My skin has also improved since becoming a vegetarian. (Sorry for the mini-hijack)

No need to apologize. :)
Out of curiosity, what do you eat(or take), for protein? I hear that is a problem for purely vegetarian diets. I, myself, am not a vegetarian, but a pescetarian. I eat mostly fruits, veggies, nuts, and grains, but I just can't give up the fish(I love sushi!). I still eat eggs and dairy as well. I hear spirulina is a good vegetable protein, which is why I'm taking it. I would like to know of other ways though.:confused:

walterSCAN
March 11th, 2010, 06:05 PM
I take a multi for women, a b-complex, biotin, and C. I'm not sure whether it's been doing anything for my hair, but wow do my fingernails grow fast!

Also, I feel like I have an easier time keeping myself from swinging into bad moods/ getting depressed and lethargic when I remember to take them regularly, so I take them regardless of whether or not they are helping my hair.

melusine
March 11th, 2010, 09:20 PM
I don't take anything specifically with hair in mind, although I would like to start, will look over this thread for ideas! I do take a multivitamin, calcium and vitamin d3, magnesium.

GoddesJourney
March 12th, 2010, 12:33 AM
I don't take anything for boosting growth. I think a healthy diet is the best thing, since your body absorbs vitamins well from foods. Also, I have this funny belief that you will shed if you ever stop taking the supplements. Just my belief, anyway.

lux_aeterna
March 12th, 2010, 03:04 AM
I don't know if that's really the correct term in english: I take brewer's yeast, which is full of B-vitamins. But only since ~1 week, so no long-term results yet. ;)

naereid
March 12th, 2010, 03:22 AM
Last year I too two bottles of Merz Special (http://www.merz-spezial.com/images/1_2_con_en.gif), but didn't notice much of a change. It was too expensive for me so I stopped.
Three weeks ago I started taking Das Gesunde Plus Haar Vital KOMPLEX (http://www.dasgesundeplus.de/webEdition/_bilder/vitalbleiben/zusammensetzung/1_4_9_Haar_Vital_neu.jpg). It's like 4$ for two months, so I won't be disappointed if it turns out to be worthless!

LoveMyLongHair
March 15th, 2010, 08:34 AM
No need to apologize. :)
Out of curiosity, what do you eat(or take), for protein? I hear that is a problem for purely vegetarian diets. I, myself, am not a vegetarian, but a pescetarian. I eat mostly fruits, veggies, nuts, and grains, but I just can't give up the fish(I love sushi!). I still eat eggs and dairy as well. I hear spirulina is a good vegetable protein, which is why I'm taking it. I would like to know of other ways though.:confused:

My post disappeared as I was typing!

Okay go to http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0LEVIQUQ55L1KAAVoYPxQt.;_ylu=X3oDMTExNGFsN2V 0BHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDNwRjb2xvA3JlNAR2dGlkAwRsA1dTMQ--/SIG=11sc92o1b/EXP=1268749460/**http%3A//www.vrg.org/nutrition/protein.htm

for a great rundown on protien in the vegetarian/vegan diet. Broccoli, peanut butter, soy, seitan, oatmeal, etc. Very easy to navigate this site. I am vegan (left vegetarian). My hair has been wondrous since going back to a 'purer' way of eating.

I take Glucosomin/MSM for knees and hair, Biotin, DE, Hair/skin/nail vitamin and a supplement called Eleviv, which I love, for other reasons. !!:cheese:

LoveMyLongHair
March 15th, 2010, 08:43 AM
[quote=skysraine;1008027]I Know this is probably gonna sound funny but HONESTLY... Google it if you want "Apple Cider Vinegar" is the BESt. I use this method Twice a month. XOXO

Vinegar Hair Rinse – Natural Hair Care Product

Hair is on the mildly acidic side of the pH scale and has an ideal pH of 4.5 to 5.5, which is close to that of an apple cider vinegar rinse (pH 2.9).

Article continued here:
http://www.apple-cider-vinegar-benefits.com/natural-hair-care-product.html

Awesommmme about the ACV link, thank you so much!! I just bookmarked it for my horses and dogs, too!! :D

Kristin
March 15th, 2010, 12:53 PM
My post disappeared as I was typing!

Okay go to http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0LEVIQUQ55L1KAAVoYPxQt.;_ylu=X3oDMTExNGFsN2V 0BHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDNwRjb2xvA3JlNAR2dGlkAwRsA1dTMQ--/SIG=11sc92o1b/EXP=1268749460/**http%3A//www.vrg.org/nutrition/protein.htm

for a great rundown on protien in the vegetarian/vegan diet. Broccoli, peanut butter, soy, seitan, oatmeal, etc. Very easy to navigate this site. I am vegan (left vegetarian). My hair has been wondrous since going back to a 'purer' way of eating.

I take Glucosomin/MSM for knees and hair, Biotin, DE, Hair/skin/nail vitamin and a supplement called Eleviv, which I love, for other reasons. !!:cheese:

I agree. People forget that vegetables themselves have protein; veggies are not full of carbs, they are not fats...what else would they be?

On another note, has anyone tried Natrol Skin, Hair, Nails vitamins? I've been using Country Life Maxi-Hair, but if there is something more effective...

morecowbell
March 15th, 2010, 01:06 PM
I take a DMV with biotin in it, and when I can remember to take it everyday, my hair grows at least 1/4 faster a month. :)

Also, I'm DYING to start taking DE! If only I could convince DBF to drive me all the way to the closest feed store to get a 4lb bag for $8!

Sunny_side_up
March 15th, 2010, 02:43 PM
I take a supermarket brand multivit and iron supplement, but not regularly: mostly weekends or near the time of the month. Generally i find eating a well balanced diet is benefiting my hair. My eating habits are much better than previous years, noticed alot of new growth sprouting, also Looking forward to warmer times because it could mean a growth increase:)

jera
March 15th, 2010, 02:45 PM
OMG I take too many to list them all but I think biotin has been the most beneficial. And my hair loves castor oil too. ( externally ! ) :p

Arctic_Mama
March 15th, 2010, 03:43 PM
I currently take:

Maxi-Hair
Fish Oil
Vitamin D
B-Complex

All of these are for various skin and hair issues, so I'd like to think it helps some :)

geosangel
March 29th, 2010, 09:10 PM
biotin 5000 mcg, evening primrose oil 1000mg, MSM 1000mg, and (GNC)Ultra Nourish Hair 1 caplet every day.

Stephichan
March 29th, 2010, 10:05 PM
I take a store-brand multivitamin and 7500mcg biotin tablet everyday. Mostly, I just try to eat right and get lots of fluids. I was taking evening primrose oil for a while, but it's fairly unnecessary, since it's an omega-6 fatty acid, which is plentiful in the average American's diet.

jennyjukes
March 30th, 2010, 05:24 AM
which vitamins contribute to healthy hair & growth? i'm aware biotin does.
i take superdrug multivitamin just for me, have done for 2 weeks, got my hair done 3 weeks ago and see roots already, not sure whether it's this or what, it's not exactly summer here...

it has vitamin a, d, e, c, b1(thiamin), b2(riboflavin),b6, b12 then folic acid, niacin + pantothenic acid. gonna google all and see

eta: Pantothenic acid is an ingredient in some hair and skin care products.
oooooh

LunarAurora
March 30th, 2010, 01:55 PM
I've just bought a danish supplement that contains à lot of vitamins and minerals, including silica and biotin : http://www.naturoghelse.dk/shop/omnix-360-stk-3320p.html

They deliver worldwide. Unfortunately I had to pay bank taxes but according to the low price of the product, well it is not very expensive in fact.

seraphine
April 7th, 2010, 11:54 AM
I am not sure how they contribute to my hair growth (yet) but I am currently taking;

Q10
D3 serum (LIFE source vitamin D)
PABA
MSM
Vitamin C
Multi B vitamin
Evening Primrose Oil
Ionized Magnesium
Marine Phytoplankton :love: this stuff is magic!
Acai antioxidant supplement

I also like to take Spirulina and Maca in my smoothies.

tanula
April 7th, 2010, 01:17 PM
I take MSM about 3000, biotin 5000 and maxi hair, Iron- I am low on iron. I have noticed since I started taking MSM and biotin my hair got thicker and my hair line got smaller now, it is not as broad (sparse) as it was before.

whoanellie
April 7th, 2010, 01:29 PM
Off -topic, but... Yesterday at work, someone said my hair was getting long. I was so happy!

I just had this happen on another forum, a friend saw a recent picture of me and asked if my hair had grown. Since I'm growing my hair out for the first time in years (succesfully, not the few short-lived attempts I've made in the paste :D) I was so happy I could have done a cartwheel!

I've been taking 2,000 mcg a day of Biotin in a hair/nail/skin supplement for I'd say 4 or 5 months now. I do feel it's improved my hair growth, as when I started to grow it I felt I was kind of as at a plateau (whether I was actually or was just antsy, who knows). I could be taking more, but I actually keep the pills at work and so take them twice a day while I'm here, and thus that's only 5 days a week. I really should buy another bottle so I can keep them at home and take them everyday!

A few years ago when I was on one of my aforementioned short-lived attempts to grow my hair, I did take Hair Fomula 37 daily but really didn't find it did anything for my hair.

I'm looking forward to reading more in this thread to see what else people are doing, I'd love all the growth encouragement for my hair that I can find.

finecelt
April 7th, 2010, 02:02 PM
I am taking:

Vitamin C
Iron
Fish Oil (with multi vitamins).

I started taking iron tablets post birth as my iron count was very low. However, I've continued to take it as I think iron also helped with hair regrowth post a significant shed.

Aevra
April 7th, 2010, 02:23 PM
I"ve just started Biotin and Inositol.

I hope it works out.

LunarAurora
April 9th, 2010, 02:25 PM
I've recently added primrose oil (for PMS mostly) to my routine.
I'm waiting for my MSM and biotin too (ordered a few days ago)

chopandchange
April 9th, 2010, 02:28 PM
I ordered some biotin, but I only took one tablet and got a HUGE spot, so I didn't take any more!

If anyone wants it, they are welcome to it. (It got pulled off the Swap Board when I tried selling it on there, because it's been opened - obviously).

bahoban
June 15th, 2010, 09:42 PM
I"ve just started with this:

biotin 5000mcg
vitamin A 30303ug
Vitamin E 6000mg
Zinc 1436 mg
Primule Oil 20000mg
Garlic 1000mg
Royal gelly 3000mg
folic acid 5mg
ferrous fumarate 200mg

and tons and tons of water

hemolymph
June 15th, 2010, 11:20 PM
First, I try to drink a minimum of 1 gallon of water a day. No soda, juice, etc. Sometimes on real hot days I'll sneak a gatorade when it's 110+ out.

Then I take..
4 Cinnamon capsules per day (this regulates blood sugar which regulates cravings)
1 hair, skin & nail vitamin
1 MACA vitamin (reproductive health)

I use to take a prenatal everyday but I notice my prenatal and the hair,skin,nails are similar. So I might take a prenatal every few days.

I want to add in Fish Oil, too.

hm85
June 16th, 2010, 03:58 AM
im currently taken 'Lustrous locks' tablets which are many different vitamins and 2 weeks started taking biotin. How long does it take to work? because my nails havent began growing either.
My friend said 2 me that my hair looks longer but i cant really tell....think its at APL length now (not really sure because all the terms confuse me lol) but gota long way off till bra length! hoping 2 have it long 4 christmas as iv been wanting it long since i cut it off myself in 2003...
Out of curoisity what does Cinammon tablets do? because i like my exersise but i cant beat my munching sumtimes xxx

Arriens
June 16th, 2010, 04:41 AM
I take Multitotal (23 stuff) because I am a **** chef and tent to eat crappy food. And visoil (omega 3) because they taste great. :o

humble_knight
June 16th, 2010, 04:58 AM
I take Multitotal (23 stuff) because I am a **** chef and tent to eat crappy food. And visoil (omega 3) because they taste great. :o

Like you, I started taking something that has a million things in each pill :smile: It's called "Skin, Hair & Nails," and is in a shiny blue bottle [~200 tablets]. I bought it from Holland & Barrett and it was half-price :smile:

Other than that, I'm trying to eat more healthily :smile:

Sammybunny711
June 16th, 2010, 06:40 AM
I take a HSN vitamin (Hair, Skin, Nails) in the morning with my yogurt and I take a women's multivitamin at night with dinner (spacing them out a bit since they have lots of the same ones at different concentrations.) I like to keep my vitamin regimen simple. I don't take them just for hair, though. I really take them for health, PCOS, good skin reasons. If it helps my hair, that's a bonus!

Asequui
June 16th, 2010, 07:10 AM
Just started back on supplements last week so we'll see how it goes.
Currently on:

800 mg Lecithin concentrate
5000 mcg Biotin
Joint Juice which has
60 mg vitamin c
400 IU vitamin d3
65 mg potassium
1500 mg glucosamine HCI
200 mg chondroitin sulfate
240 mg green tea extract

Stephichan
June 16th, 2010, 08:21 AM
I take a store-brand multivitamin and 7500mcg biotin tablet everyday. Mostly, I just try to eat right and get lots of fluids. I was taking evening primrose oil for a while, but it's fairly unnecessary, since it's an omega-6 fatty acid, which is plentiful in the average American's diet.

I just wanted to update. Now I'm taking 5000mcg biotin (sometimes 2x a day), 1000mg flaxseed oil and 1000mg of MSM (I've been having some problems with some of my joints lately. I also sometimes take this one 2x daily) all in addition to a generic multivitamin. I've also been trying to eat even healthier. I have salads often, blended fruit drinks nearly every day and lots of tea.

Hockeymomof3
June 16th, 2010, 11:12 AM
I just started taking 1000mcg of biotin and 1000mg of fish oil -- do you all think I should take more biotin? My dosage may be low...

Loreley
June 16th, 2010, 11:43 AM
I started taking a new (new to me :)) hair vitamin yesterday. It contains biotin. I hope it'll make my hair grow faster. :D

crazy_margaret
June 16th, 2010, 11:46 AM
I started taking 5000mg biotin last week.. and finally got back on 1 tbs cod liver oil. My doctor suggested I take a fish oil blend because it has cod liver, salmon and a few others but when my mom went to the store she grabbed the wrong bottle... .oh well plug my nose and here goes! haha I need to start taking my multi again... I have one my chiro checked and said was pretty good and its a powder form which is better for absorbtion I have heard. I might also add a b-complex to that just because I have it lying around and hey.... anything to get some growth!

Asequui
June 16th, 2010, 01:45 PM
Just started back on supplements last week so we'll see how it goes.
Currently on:
800 mg Lecithin concentrate
5000 mcg Biotin
Joint Juice which has
60 mg vitamin c
400 IU vitamin d3
65 mg potassium
1500 mg glucosamine HCI
200 mg chondroitin sulfate
240 mg green tea extract
Also wanted to update. In addition to the above mentioned supplements, I bought 1,000 mg cinnamon bark, HSN-W supplements that have 1230 mg of a proprietary blend of horsetail stems and stobilus, dulse fronds, rosemary leaves, and sage leaves, and some brewer's yeast to put in my protein shakes with benefiber.

Does anyone know if adding a multi vitamin that already has biotin and silica in it would be safe together with everything else I take? Also, what about fish oil?