PDA

View Full Version : So I've made a decision...

JenniferNoel
January 22nd, 2010, 06:12 PM
I've been incredibly wishy washy as to what color I preferred my hair over the past several years, going from natural to blond, blond to brown, brown to black, black to red, repeat, repeat, repeat (of course, leaving a path of unbearable damage as I changed colors like a chameleon). Then, as a "final attempt", I ended up dying it jet black again, and loved it.

But then, I kept thinking I wanted to go virgin, so I refrained from coloring my hair at all for several months, and by the time I had six inches of ashy blond roots, I decided that light hair just wasn't right for me, given the fact that I have an incredibly pale complexion (even though I live in Florida), and have always had a liking of shocking contrast (and being an occasional on-stage musician, visually reflecting my edgy music :rockerdud), which just couldn't be done properly with my marvelously dull natural color.

I'm sure there are a lot of you that can't stand your natural color for whatever reason which is totally okay.
So I'm finally settled on the blue-ish black (achieved by mixing a little blue manic panic with blue-black natural dye), which is quite a commitment, as black is pretty much impossible to get out without damaging the life out of the hair. It's so shiny all the time and never looks greasy, which is perfect as I only wash my hair every five days and frequently wear open hair (it's still a bit short).

So I'm finally happy, this is my first full year of not changing my hair color. I've been giving my hair a break from colored bleach streaks with funky synthetic clip-ins when needed, and even the occasional wig! But all that matters is that I'm happy in my hair.

:wacko:

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc15/jenny_the_strange/DSC09622-Copy.jpg
Hair is a little wet, and a little straightening balm was combed through.

Ps.
Am I at "can I call this BSL yet?" :p

spidermom
January 22nd, 2010, 06:50 PM
Well, o.k. then.

MotherConfessor
January 22nd, 2010, 06:55 PM
Cool. I have always kinda wanted to go a bit darker, but i'm trying to come to terms with the way I look overall. Plus I know I just dont have the dedication for the upkeep. I have always loved the dark hair pale skin contrast though. I be it looks lovely.

JenniferNoel
January 22nd, 2010, 07:36 PM
Cool. I have always kinda wanted to go a bit darker, but i'm trying to come to terms with the way I look overall. Plus I know I just dont have the dedication for the upkeep. I have always loved the dark hair pale skin contrast though. I be it looks lovely.

It's really not for everyone, you have to really love it. For me, it's less upkeep than bleach blond for a lot of reasons, but generally it's worth everything that must be done. The main thing I have to worry about is sun bleach, putting it under hats and such.

GlennaGirl
January 22nd, 2010, 07:49 PM
Hurray for you! It's great to settle on one thing you really like. It can be trial and error sometimes! I think that color is very, very pretty.

Thinthondiel
January 22nd, 2010, 07:50 PM
I love having black hair too, but I'm lazy when it comes to re-dying, so my hair usually fades a bit (the colour in my sig pic is a result of that) and I get a bit of regrowth before I dye it again. Right now it's almost black, but with a hint of brown. I love my hair when it's completely black - the greatest thing about it is how it never looks greasy, it just looks shiny (as you mentioned already). :)

SunshineHair
January 22nd, 2010, 11:09 PM
I think it is pretty neat how you can pull off all those hair colors!

I could not even imagine looking at myself with blond hair and not cringing!

Also how do you pull off being pale with all tha sun?? I use to wonder how, oh I forgot her real name, the girl that played Kelly Taylor on Beverly Hills 90210, she worked under the sun a lot and NEVER turned brown!! Personaly I like the pale look much better!

JenniferNoel
January 23rd, 2010, 12:41 AM
I think it is pretty neat how you can pull off all those hair colors!

I could not even imagine looking at myself with blond hair and not cringing!

Also how do you pull off being pale with all tha sun?? I use to wonder how, oh I forgot her real name, the girl that played Kelly Taylor on Beverly Hills 90210, she worked under the sun a lot and NEVER turned brown!! Personaly I like the pale look much better!

Good question.
It's probably due to insufficient melanin in the skin. It's completely genetic and healthy, and convenient as I don't think I'd look too good with a tan. :D

PorcelainHorror
January 23rd, 2010, 01:00 AM
Hey sounds like the cycle I went though. ;D
What's the name of the natural black dye you use, btw?

JenniferNoel
January 23rd, 2010, 03:24 AM
Hey sounds like the cycle I went though. ;D
What's the name of the natural black dye you use, btw?

It's my own little secret recipe involving henndigo. :cool:

LILBERT
January 23rd, 2010, 04:22 AM
Blue-Black is my absolute favourite colour! :D I had it once a few years ago. If i were ever to dye my hair i would dye this colour (which i very nearly did a few months back with hennidigo!). But im settled and appy with my natural colour now. Im a very low maintenance girl :p

I think that colour looks amazing against your pale skin! :hifive: codus to pale skin!