PDA

View Full Version : Can I make a DT an hour or two in advance?

coscass
January 22nd, 2010, 03:32 PM
I really need to do one. I had to clarify last night so I figured I might as well. Normally, I do conditioner and honey and that's it. I don't have any oils besides EVOO, and that seems too heavy for my hair.

Can I mix it up an hour or so in advance? Any ideas of what else I could add into the mix?

FrannyG
January 22nd, 2010, 03:36 PM
You could add aloe vera gel, and perhaps some essential oils. Yes, you can prepare it an hour or two in advance. Just make sure that you keep it covered, and then give it a really good stir before applying.

I do use EVOO in my DT mix sometimes, in small amounts, and even though my hair is fine, I don't find it too heavy, but your mileage may vary. :)

coscass
January 22nd, 2010, 03:39 PM
You could add aloe vera gel, and perhaps some essential oils. Yes, you can prepare it an hour or two in advance. Just make sure that you keep it covered, and then give it a really good stir before applying.

I do use EVOO in my DT mix sometimes, in small amounts, and even though my hair is fine, I don't find it too heavy, but your mileage may vary. :)
I don't have any aloe vera gel, :( I keep forgetting to pick it up.

Siava
January 22nd, 2010, 04:33 PM
I don't know if you've ever nuked yours, but I like to nuke mine for about 10 seconds so it's nice and warm going on. Yep, nothing wrong with the advanced prep as advised.

Ursula
January 22nd, 2010, 04:37 PM
A small amount of the olive oil might be fine, if your hair likes oil. Mixed in with the other ingredients, it will be lighter than if you apply it straight.

Mixing the treatment a few hours in advance should be fine. I'd wait to heat it until you are ready to use it, however, so that it is still warm when applied.

redneckprincess
January 22nd, 2010, 05:55 PM
I dont mix mine up early but if theres any left in the bottle I cap it and save it for next time, I dont heat the honey or add oils