PDA

View Full Version : An up-and-coming long-hair!

Tapioca
April 28th, 2008, 11:29 AM
So, my DH needed a haircut yesterday, so I asked my five-year-old daughter if she wanted one, too. She refused. No trim, no nothing. She wants her hair long. I tried to talk her into a trim (I'm a trimmer), but nothing doing.
I really don't care whether her hair is long or short. I've told her that she can have it any way she wants it, as long as it is still an appropriate girl's style. Long is great. A bob is fine. A pixie cut is cute. No mohawks.
I already do CO on her (unless there's something actually *in* her hair, then I use shampoo), and tend to put it up. But I was able to convince her to have it in two braids to sleep. I may also get her a satin pillowcase. The fewer tangles, the less damage I do combing it out in the morning.
So, that's my long-hair-in-the-making. I have a picture of her mini-cinna-buns in my photo album.

Gothic Lolita
April 28th, 2008, 11:34 AM
Cute that your daughter is also a longhair fellow! Her hair is very shiny, these tiny cinnabuns look really nice on her. The best thing about it is, that you already care for her hair like you do, otherwise it might get damaged for many many year... would be a realy oity if she descided one day to grow it long and had lots of damage then!

lora410
April 28th, 2008, 11:36 AM
My dd 5 is the same way. She wants hip length hair like momma. Needless to say her hair growth has really sped up, and is almost al long as mine when not curly

Saranne772
April 28th, 2008, 12:19 PM
That is great :D I love it when young children have their hair grown or in the process of. Nice to start young- and also you dont have the time of making it grow when older!

paper
April 28th, 2008, 04:12 PM
aww thats cute story. Her hair pic is cute too.