PDA

View Full Version : Feeling The Amazing Wind Blow Through My Hair...

SunshineHair
January 22nd, 2010, 11:17 AM
Not to far away from us is the best dog park I have ever been to! We love to take Sai The dog, I am like his Co Owner! It is a big open field and last week the wind was blowing the whole time.

Not the kind of wind that makes you grab for something to anchor with! No that kind of slightly more than a breeze kind that makes you feel your hair being lifted away!

I just stood there lost in feeling my hair fly around :) Then I was nuged back to real time to go and pick up my dogs poop! For for a short bit I was so enjoy the wind in my hair!!

Of course once I was home again I got to enjoy detangling the awful knots out of it:rolleyes:

spidermom
January 22nd, 2010, 11:49 AM
I love feeling the wind in my hair, too. (and also hate the detangling afterwards)

Unofficial_Rose
January 22nd, 2010, 01:58 PM
It's nice to have enough hair to blow around in the breeze, bit of a novelty if you've been growing it out. :) The wind blowing through one's pixie or bob is not quite the same (although less detangling).

Another lovely thing is to take it down when rushing out of the door at the end of a working day and shaking it down. I used to work for a newspaper in London and would be rushing out of the office up the road to the Tube pulling out the hairstick that had held my hair up all day!

JenniferNoel
January 22nd, 2010, 02:19 PM
I love that feeling, especially just-washed hair on a warm, breezy day at the beach.
It feels so light and feathery and relaxing (until, like you said, it gets knotted :p).

CrisDee
January 22nd, 2010, 02:28 PM
...Another lovely thing is to take it down when rushing out of the door at the end of a working day and shaking it down. I used to work for a newspaper in London and would be rushing out of the office up the road to the Tube pulling out the hairstick that had held my hair up all day!

That used to be my favorite part of the end of a flying day - while waiting for the hotel van with the rest of my crew, I'd pull the pin on the Irish hair bomb (I'm Irish American :D) - felt soooo good after a 12+ hour day!

Damiana
January 22nd, 2010, 02:32 PM
OMG I wish I could enjoy that feeling but if the wind blows (allbeit benignly) I end up with the beginning of dreadlocks!:(

If I see the trees outside waving their branches I do an updo AND wear a buff or scarf, the latter to stop my bangs flying back so I look like a shop dummy with a wig that's slipped back!:o

myrrhmaiden
January 22nd, 2010, 02:38 PM
I love it. Feeling the wind in my hair always makes me feel powerful and witchy. <3

SunshineHair
January 22nd, 2010, 02:50 PM
The wind was not active today. I was at the dog park again and today I was busy searching for split ends. Since I dyed my hair I knew I would find a lot, and sadly, I did :0

Damiana
January 22nd, 2010, 03:00 PM
Bums! I'm just jealous now Myrrhmaiden! I wish my knots would blow away with the wind (and my hangups!):p