PDA

View Full Version : My hair vow

LadyVictoria
January 22nd, 2010, 08:53 AM
Ok, so I'm not a big believer in making yearly resolutions... Mainly because I can never stick with them. But recently I have been paying close attention to the length of my hair. Yes I have always had long hair but never really treated it as kindly as I should & end up trimming it when my ends get so hideous that I can't stand to look at them. I don't even know what my terminal length really is.

So after viewing several youtube videos of women (and men) with stunning long locks and lurking here for a few weeks I have made a promise to myself (and my hair). I am going to first and foremost be much kinder to my hair, take care of it the way I should have been all along. My goal is to reach 50" or terminal length, whichever comes first. But I want to also have healthy hair, to me it's not worth it unless I do it right.

My hair up until yesterday was 32.5" long. I trimmed 2" of my horrible ends and spent several hours on a S&D mission. My hair is now 30.5" at it's longest point, or to my natural waste. It looks healthier but I still have some work ahead of me. I have made a fresh start and I am ready take the time to PROPERLY care for my hair.

Of course I will be using TLHC as a reference guide, support system and a way to document my hair journey. I am looking forward to seeing just how healthy my hair can be and how long it will grow. Thank you for taking the time to read my long-winded post.

curlylocks85
January 22nd, 2010, 09:16 AM
Welcome! You will find lots of great advice here. It is a great community and the people are all kind.

It nice to hear you want to make a fresh start and treat your hair. :)

redwoman
January 22nd, 2010, 10:39 AM
:DWelcome! Your hair will love you for your efforts!

LadyVictoria
January 22nd, 2010, 11:00 AM
Thank ya'll for the warm welcome. I have already found some very useful tip on this website. I have added coconut oil treatments to my regime and have sworn off my blow dryer and flat iron. I also got rid of any ponytail holders that do more harm than good. I used to use an organic shampoo and conditioner that my hair absolutely loved but in an effort to save money I switched to Mane 'N Tail. It makes my hair very soft (and thicker which I still don't get how that works) but I know it's probably not the greatest stuff to use. Because I am a penny pincher I will probably use what I have left and switch back to the organic.

utdesertrunner
January 22nd, 2010, 11:00 AM
Welcome! There is lots of great advice and motivation here!

LILBERT
January 22nd, 2010, 11:32 AM
welcome! :D im joining you in this new years resolution btw. Its totally worth it. Im definatly seeing a difference with my hair.

little_acorn
January 22nd, 2010, 11:36 AM
Welcome :waving: you have a good heads start already :D

Arniky
January 22nd, 2010, 08:12 PM
Hi
nice you hav goals , but ofcourse hav to be patient to reach it good luck

Tonks
January 22nd, 2010, 08:35 PM
I'm joining too! I agree with you about it not being worth having long hair unless it's healthy. I want my long hair to be as healthy as I can reasonably manage, not a huge, nasty mane that's ugly to look at. It's not as impressive and I can't be proud of my hair unless it's healthy.

LadyVictoria
January 22nd, 2010, 09:04 PM
My thoughts exactly, Meaghan!

JamieLeigh
January 25th, 2010, 10:46 AM
Good for you! It's always a good thing to set plausible goals for yourself, and the more you visit LHC, the more you'll hold yourself to those goals. :)

Rusalka
January 25th, 2010, 12:52 PM
You definitely have a head start on me. I am growing out from a short haircut. I do have the same goal as you and this community is amazingly supportive :)

BelleBot
January 27th, 2010, 05:01 PM
Ooo, I'm in a similar boat, 2010 is definitely the year of taking proper care of my hair and not taking my length for granted.

GuinevereMay
January 27th, 2010, 05:08 PM
I'm with you! I used to not brush (or comb) my hair for a week at a time. I cringe to think of how I used to untangle my hair. I'm looking forward to much healthier, happier hair.

LadyVictoria
January 27th, 2010, 09:24 PM
Your hair is so beautiful, GuinevereMay. I used to rake my plastic paddle brush through my hair several times a day and when it was wet. I even used it to detangle my very fine ends *shudders*. When I think about how I used to treat my once TB length hair it makes me want to cry. On days when my hair refuses to cooperate or accept moisture of any kind I never get frustrated with it, I get frustrated with myself for abusing and neglecting it for so long.

GuinevereMay
January 27th, 2010, 09:38 PM
Oh, thank you! That's so sweet of you to say.

I'm amazed my hair is in such good shape considering what I put it through. I used to yank a brush through my wet hair, ripping the tangles out. I could hear my hair breaking *ping!*.

I haven't trimmed since 2007, but I'm sure I'll have to hack off a few inches before too long. Now I'm paranoid any damage I have will spread. :suspect:

Red_Head_Reader
January 29th, 2010, 10:15 AM
Welcome to the LHC! :) Hope that you find a lot of good advice on here.