PDA

View Full Version : Do you dream about your hair?

PrincessFurball
January 21st, 2010, 06:56 AM
I do. A lot. :o I wonder if I'm obsessive?

Several nights ago I dreamed I cut it to just past my shoulders. It was AWFUL. I didn't know why I'd done it, but I was trying to comfort myself by telling myself, "It'll grow back!" But in my mind I was screeching, Do you know how long it's going to take to grow it as long as it was before?!?!

Oh, and I about broke my neck flinging my hair over my shoulder, because I was used to much longer hair! :D

Anyway, I guess that was kind of a nightmare, but the last few nights I've been dreaming that all my work to thicken up my ends has paid off, and I have this gorgeous, thick, full hemline. Yep.... in my dreams!! :p

So who else is so obsessive about their hair that they dream about it?? ;)

Mutinous
January 21st, 2010, 07:47 AM
I've had dreams where it falls out, that's pretty scary, everytime I wake up I have to double check my scalp *facepalm*

Merewen
January 21st, 2010, 08:10 AM
I do occasionally. Had a dream the other night that I blow-dried my hair, as if out of habit. Then I spent the rest of the dream wondering why I had blow-dried my hair because I don't and never really have. It was bizarre.

Madame J
January 21st, 2010, 08:14 AM
I had a dream a week or two ago that I got fleas from my mom's house and had to shave my head. Oddly enough, my first thought was that it would be neat to start from scratch, treating my hair well from the start. And that I wanted to get henna designs on my bald scalp...

PrincessFurball
January 21st, 2010, 08:21 AM
I've had dreams where it falls out, that's pretty scary, everytime I wake up I have to double check my scalp *facepalm*

Oh my goodness! I think I would wake up crying or screaming!!

I do occasionally. Had a dream the other night that I blow-dried my hair, as if out of habit. Then I spent the rest of the dream wondering why I had blow-dried my hair because I don't and never really have. It was bizarre.

Yeah, I thought my dream about cutting my hair was pretty bizarre, too, because I've never cut my hair (besides trims) or had short hair. I don't know how I could dream it was short, because I don't even know what short hair feels like!

I had a dream a week or two ago that I got fleas from my mom's house and had to shave my head. Oddly enough, my first thought was that it would be neat to start from scratch, treating my hair well from the start. And that I wanted to get henna designs on my bald scalp...

That was another thing I was trying to comfort myself with in my dream-- I thought, Well... at least maybe if I treat it really well, the ends will grow out nice, and stay thick... :p

tiggens
January 21st, 2010, 08:26 AM
Oh man, about six months after I shaved my head, I would have nightmares about shaving my head/getting my head shaved almost every night! It didn't matter where the dream started out (one started with me driving a monster truck through the muddy streets of a post-apocalyptic Philadelphia) but it always ended with me shaving my head, and then realizing in horror what I had done. It was such a relief to wake up in the morning! Sometimes I still have dreams about doing something dumb and impulsive to my hair, but it's only every once in a blue moon. I guess "accidentally" shaving my head isn't my #1 subconcious fear anymore.

treesandcoffee
January 21st, 2010, 08:27 AM
Yes! I always dream I have someone cut it and something goes wrong. I haven't cut my hair since April of 2008!

I had a recurring dream of dyeing my hair, washing it out, and it end up being this awful yellow Barbie blonde and cut to my ears.

Alcenaia
January 21st, 2010, 08:32 AM
Oh yes! I had a horrible nightmare recently that I (against my will) got the most unflattering short bob ever. When I woke up I was so happy that all my hair was still there!

Merewen, I have also had those dreams before, where I'm doing something that I've never or hardly ever done but feels like habit. Mostly recently I dreamed I was going out to dinner with people I'd known all my life like we do every Thursday...but I knew none of those people and I have never had standing dinner plans on Thursday nights, haha.

My dream self usually has approximately the same length hair as I do in real life. Now I hope to have a dream where my hair is floor length!

curlylocks85
January 22nd, 2010, 03:26 PM
That would be me. :o I seem to be thinking about hair when I go to bed, I dream of how long my hair will be and wake up with hair on my brain.

Obsessive... naw not me. ;)

halo_tightens
January 22nd, 2010, 03:34 PM
Oh, yes. :D

Now that I'm growing it out, I dream that I've cut it off or done something to cause horrible damage.

Back when I was keeping it cut extremely short, I would dream that it was long!

:cheese:

Liss
January 22nd, 2010, 03:49 PM
I only ever day-dream about my hair... pretty much all the time.

cmnt831
January 22nd, 2010, 03:51 PM
When my hair was short I would constantly dream about it being long - sometimes long and wavy and sometimes long and curly - with no frizz :D. My hair refused to be straight even in my dreams :p.

akilina
January 22nd, 2010, 03:55 PM
Come to think of it I dont believe ive ever had a hair dream. Or dont remember...thats surprising because i obsess over my hair constantly. I usually have dreams of things im thinking of.

truwave
January 22nd, 2010, 04:06 PM
Always, as it was growing out. I hated the way I looked so much, and I also hated that I was so obsessive about the way I looked. I wanted it to be liberating when I shaved my head, and although I loved the way it felt physically, it really took a toll on me psychology. Such an interesting thread.

Anlbe
January 22nd, 2010, 04:32 PM
Two nights ago I dreamt that my hair had finally, after fifteen years, got to waist length without me really noticing and that I could even trim it a bit. Not wishful thinking at all...
I don't really dream about my hair in general however, mainly because when I dream I'm generally not me I'm some other random person. But I do always remember what that persons hair was like and on the whole it's GOOD!

Demetrue
January 22nd, 2010, 04:42 PM
The other night I dreamt my hair had finally gotten back to waist (it's at shoulder now) and I was so happy and brushing it and looking in the mirror and swinging it around. Then I woke up. At least it hasn't gotten any shorter lately!

ali beast
January 22nd, 2010, 05:03 PM
i recently had a dream that i bleached my hair... it was a gross yellow color, and hecka sloppy, with roots. some dream people were like, "yo, why'd you do that?"

i replied, on the verge of hysterics, "just you wait and see! i'm going to have the prettiest hair EVER!!!"

um, yeah... :rolleyes:

i've had SO many hair dreams, but i cant remember them that well... although there was one time i dreamed that it grew in crimped (like from a crimping iron) and deep red (my hair is pin straight and that non descript dark blonde/ light brown color.) i remember being confused and a little dismayed :confused:

i'm currently growing out from super short pixie (at the dreaded between jaw and shoulder stage) so i think about my hair A LOT.

it makes sense that i dream about coloring, because this is the first time ive gone this long (last box of feria "starry night" was 12/08!) without bleaching/ dyeing since i was 15.

Francoise1606
January 22nd, 2010, 05:27 PM
I had a dream the other night, that I was going to trim my hair myself. I wanted to just dust the ends but ended up cutting off maybe an inch! and it was uneven so I had to cut a little more. I ended up with a chin length bob. I woke up feeling horrible.

frodolaughs
January 22nd, 2010, 05:52 PM
One of the reasons I now have long hair is that when I cut my hair short my hair always stayed long in my dreams. When I was dreaming I'd get very confused, thinking that my hair had grown overnight. When I woke up I'd be equally confused and disoriented to discover that it had disappeared again. I've never had the dream in reverse (short hair in a dream making me wonder what had happened to my long hair). It seems like some part of me is very attached to being long haired, and it's easiest to just go along with that.

Shar2
January 22nd, 2010, 06:03 PM
I actually had my first long hair dream the other night. In the dream I had my hair in a bun and would take it out to let all my hair fall down my back so that other people could see. The only weird thing was, my hair was completely straight in the dream (and I have super coily hair). I never wear my hair straight so that was really odd. But otherwise, it was a great dream and I was sad when I woke up and realized my hair wasn't actually waist length.

Laurenji
January 22nd, 2010, 06:36 PM
The other night I had a dream that TorrinPaige was going to help me put my hair in an updo for my wedding....

ArienEllariel
January 22nd, 2010, 06:41 PM
Nope, never dreamed about my hair before but then again I rarely dream and if I do the dream never makes much sense.

Merewen
January 22nd, 2010, 08:34 PM
The other night I had a dream that TorrinPaige was going to help me put my hair in an updo for my wedding....

That would be AWESOME.

vindo
January 23rd, 2010, 02:50 AM
I do. A lot. :o I wonder if I'm obsessive?

Several nights ago I dreamed I cut it to just past my shoulders. It was AWFUL. I didn't know why I'd done it, but I was trying to comfort myself by telling myself, "It'll grow back!" But in my mind I was screeching, Do you know how long it's going to take to grow it as long as it was before?!?!

Mine is similar, I dream of just shoulder length hair ALL the time! And I am always devastated in my dreams. I have this dream about every 2-3 weeks, and I wish I could stop it.

rosyaddie
January 23rd, 2010, 06:34 AM
I had an awesome hair dream last night where I looked in the mirror and realized I had thick, curly hair down to my bellybutton. And I was really excited until I woke up and realized I had thick, straight hair down to my eyebrows.

cmnt831
January 23rd, 2010, 07:05 AM
I had an awesome hair dream last night where I looked in the mirror and realized I had thick, curly hair down to my bellybutton. And I was really excited until I woke up and realized I had thick, straight hair down to my eyebrows.

Lol! :) Sorry, that was funny - I've had too many of those dreams myself - mainly involving silky hair that doesn't frizz. Then I wake up and see the unfortunate reality....

Last night I had a dream that some random man asked if curly hair could really look sophisticated - I argued and said it can. But that's a whole other issue :p.

Othala
January 23rd, 2010, 08:07 AM
Yup. I dream that I have a dreadlock growing on top of my head that starts off small and then gets progressively bigger. It finally looks like a large hooded cobra on my head, about to strike anyone who gets too close.

I dream that one day I wake up and the cobra dreadlock-thing is lying in the bed next to me. I pick it up gently and put it in a small wooden box. I feed and tend the cobra daily, like a treasured pet or a sacred thing.

Dreamernz
January 23rd, 2010, 08:19 AM
I had more dreams when my hair was shorter and I was constantly obsessing over it. A lovely dream was my hair was wet and for some reason when I tugged it with the tug it went down to tail bone and it seemed so perfectly natural I berated myself for not having thought of it before :P Then I woke up.......:( I did have a terrible nightmare where my hair was cut off and woke up with the most amazing feeling of relief .

Sissy
January 23rd, 2010, 08:26 AM
nope, I've never dreamed of my hair that I can remember.

Queen Olympias
January 23rd, 2010, 08:27 AM
I had my first "hair nightmare" a few days ago. I dreamed that my scalp became red and blistered (think the bubonic plague). It was horrible!

Yozhik
January 23rd, 2010, 08:34 AM
I had a nightmare right after I joined that I cut bangs for myself (something I've been half-seriously contemplating for a while) -- but I cut them waaaaay too short, so that they stuck out practically straight from my forehead! It was horrible, and the only thing I could do in the dream was pin them back, but, of course, they kept on falling out of the clip . . .

AstrayStar
January 23rd, 2010, 09:26 AM
The other day I was sitting behind a woman on the bus who had such unhealthy bleached hair that it looked like cotton candy in some sections and straw in others. I was just sitting behind her completely horrified and that night I dreamt that my hair lost its color and it was horrifying too!

young&reckless
January 23rd, 2010, 09:49 AM
I have had lots of hair dreams but not lately. Right not I think am just happy and content with my hair, trimed it two weeks ago, love my henna color, happy with my wash method so no changes neede and nothing to worry about.

I did have a dream last night about chocolate chip sugar cookies maybe because I plan on buying the Chocolate Amlond Shampoo bar from CV soon.

Beets
January 23rd, 2010, 09:50 AM
I've always had nightmares about hair cuts, but haven't had one in a long time. But recently, it's funny, I have past hair lengths in my dreams. I'll be BSL one night, APL the other, then back to lower back.

Wanderer09
January 23rd, 2010, 11:46 PM
I just had a hair nightmare several days ago, where I took my braid and simply cut it off, ending up with a messy shoulder-length 'do. I regretted it instantly. But I managed to attach some of the length back on. :p

jesamyn
January 23rd, 2010, 11:47 PM
I recently dreamed that I was trying to recreate the Elling woman's style (not very successfully).

Qadupae
January 24th, 2010, 04:38 AM
I usually have dreams about it being long again since I'm a super shortie right now. It was actually all the dreams I've had in December that finally convinced me to try growing it again :D My dreams were always really weird though, like being a super heroine or a ninja or something just off the wall like that.

juliaxena
January 24th, 2010, 04:47 AM
Today I dreamt I have BSL hair but the shortest layer was 1 inch. Don`t know if that wa a good dream or a night mare. Ugh

AnitaThorn
January 24th, 2010, 04:53 AM
I dreamt that my hair was super long, and that it was dyed bright pink and black! I was also going to be in a movie in the dream, but that's a whole different topic, haha!

cmnt831
January 24th, 2010, 06:56 AM
Last night I dreamed I went to a stylist for a trim. Everything was just fine - or so I thought.... Left the stylist and saw my husband outside. He held up a mirror for me and my hair was short with obvious glued in extensions around the crown of my head. Ugh, nightmare....

Carolyn
January 24th, 2010, 07:11 AM
Yes quite often I do. I dream about things that have been on my mind. Some are nice pleasant dreams about having longer or better hair and some are haircut nightmares. The nightmare ones are scary but I often have vivid dreams, so I don't think too much about it. It happens. I wake up and shudder and I'm over it.

hennaphile
January 24th, 2010, 07:20 AM
I had a dream the other night that someone forced me to sit down and chopped off my hair.

Yup, life's an adventure in mine head :nono:

ohiofritty
January 24th, 2010, 09:25 AM
I dreamt about my hair last night...I did something to it...something good, don't remember what...and suddenly it was shoulder length (longer than now) and had kinky curls in it. It was so awesome.

vamq
January 24th, 2010, 09:35 AM
Once in a while, I have this dream where my boyfriend takes me to a hairdresser, and tells her to cut my hair off. She cuts it a bit shorter than APL.
And my boyfriend says, with a big smile on his face: "Don't you feel good right now, without all the heavy hair?"
All I think at that momeny is "Well, at least I have really thick and full ends right now...wait till it grows back and I'll teach you!" After that, we get home and I get all frustrated because I can't do my updo's anymore.

I have had this dream several times.
You'd almost think it's a hidden message or something, if it wasn't that BF loves my long hair, and would be mad at me if I ever cut it off.:p

Shadow Walker
January 24th, 2010, 11:41 AM
I've had several dreams recently about shaving my head again, and the weird part is that I've actually been considering it for some reason...

sft88
January 24th, 2010, 12:30 PM
It is so weird! Last night I dreamt I was on the computer useing TLHC site and I had long hair. I have only been on this site for a week but I'm on it a lot, lol.

AnitaThorn
February 16th, 2010, 03:29 PM
I know no one has responded in a while, but I didn't want to make a new topic about this if I knew there already was one!

I had a dream the other night that my hair was cut to chin length and it was dyed black! It was actually like that a few years ago. I guess it was being projected into my dreams!