PDA

View Full Version : How to do this braid?

jaine
January 20th, 2010, 08:04 PM
How did they make this braid? I'd like to try it later when my hair is longer. I like the randomness of it.

http://www.fashionising.com/pictures/p--Womens-hair-inspiration-pictures-for-2010-4428-68511.html

DanielleRenae
January 20th, 2010, 08:33 PM
Well, I could be wrong, but it looks like a three-strand braid...you'll notice that one piece that is braided in eventually just gets wrapped around the other two. As for the other two...I'm not sure.

I was initially a bit freaked out by her eyebrows, though.

celelu
January 20th, 2010, 10:49 PM
Wow... how can it look like I asked my little brother to braid my hair and very cool at the same time? :confused:
:p

GoddesJourney
January 20th, 2010, 11:19 PM
Basically, it was an uneven braid on fairytail ends in which whoever braided it messed it up and crossed over the wrong strand once or twice. It makes it look casual, like you did it with your eyes closed while you were half asleep.

sft88
January 21st, 2010, 12:23 AM
Wow, I like this braid. Her eyebrows look weird, too.:p

Gypsy069
January 21st, 2010, 12:45 AM
To me it looked like they did a normal braid and left a long strand out and then wrapped that around the normal braid. Eyebrows WOW thats all i can say about that one.

Hairbear
January 21st, 2010, 02:27 AM
That poor girl needs to eat some food. :(

Masara
January 21st, 2010, 03:40 AM
I had to go back and look at her eyebrows, I was concentrating on the braid. Yes, definately wierd.
That looks like the kind of braid my eight year old daughter does when she drops a strand from time to time and misses out a cross over.

It looks cool and casual on the model, on me it would look like I did it half asleep.

Mannaz
January 21st, 2010, 06:40 AM
To me it looked like they did a normal braid and left a long strand out and then wrapped that around the normal braid.

I think so too, it shouldn't be that hard to get a similar finish. Maybe I'm alittle freakish but I like it, both the braid and eyebrows!

Gothic Lolita
January 21st, 2010, 06:42 AM
I think it's just an English braid, but the sections of hair aren't equally thick. Also the braider seems to have crossed the wrong section once or twice. Maybe it's also been made "pouffy", meaning. You finish the braid and then pull at it so that it becomes more loose and individual strands come out.

Akiko
January 21st, 2010, 07:40 AM
I tried. Do you think it looks similar? Sorry about the pic quality.
http://i429.photobucket.com/albums/qq15/kurupika/updos/RIMG0008.jpg

1. Divide hair into 3 sections just like a regular English braid. (I will call each section a, b and c.)
2. Braid a and b just like a regular English braid.
3. Braid c after wrapping around a & b.
4. Repeat the step 2 & 3.

Not sure about my English, though. ???

hmmm
January 21st, 2010, 07:54 AM
Hehe, Akiko's braid looks neater! :p
Wow, it looked like she didn't have any arms when I saw that photo.

Akiko
January 21st, 2010, 08:01 AM
LoL. I cannot make any updos or braids messy or romantic. It always looks a bit too neat. :D