PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye Henna

kwaniesiam
January 20th, 2010, 05:33 PM
So...I'm sitting here with medium brown chemical dye on my head. 4N ion color brilliance permanent hair color with 20 vol. developer, to be exact. I opted for permanent because if I do decide to get rid of it, colorfix will pull it lighter much easier than getting rid of a semi or demi on my kind of hair (dreads). I'm going back to as close to my natural color as possible. I love the henna red, but I need a change. Maybe someday I'll go back to red. I've certainly learned a ton about henna and other herbal dyes. Pics tomorrow when I have good lighting, stay tuned!

Pictures of my hennaed color can be found in my album :)

Afternoonrain
January 20th, 2010, 07:33 PM
I hope it works out for you. I couldn't get dye to "stick."

camirra555
January 20th, 2010, 08:40 PM
Good luck!

Nightshade
January 21st, 2010, 08:18 AM
Well, if you decide you don't need all those smashing green hairtoys I know you have, I might know a home for them :twisted:

I'm sure the brown will look lovely on you! :flowers:

Garnett
January 21st, 2010, 09:16 AM
Well, if you decide you don't need all those smashing green hairtoys I know you have, I might know a home for them :twisted:

I'm sure the brown will look lovely on you! :flowers:

LOL, 2nd this hehe.

Speaking as a stylist to a soon-to-be-stylist, IME it is much easier to talk to clients about colour when you are wearing it. I ended up giving in and doing my bangs. I felt like a hypocrite doing colour and not having any myself. And since most of us are supposed to steer them from henna because of the reaction with chemical dye, it's probably a good idea to use salon colour. Anyway. Sorry for all the blah blah here LOL

I have 95% my natural (shock!!) with colour in my bangs. It was a good compromise.

Afternoonrain
January 21st, 2010, 07:56 PM
Did it work...did it work!?! :)

kwaniesiam
January 23rd, 2010, 01:17 PM
Picture time! My camera cord went missing so sorry it took so long! I also added two blue ones on the sides and did something fun to the ends in the front. Sun is making the red show through more, its a bit darker indoors :)

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a90/KyanAdiel/Dreadlocks/DSCN0004.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a90/KyanAdiel/Dreadlocks/DSCN0002.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a90/KyanAdiel/Dreadlocks/DSCN0003.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a90/KyanAdiel/Dreadlocks/DSCN0005.jpg

xoxophelia
January 23rd, 2010, 01:23 PM
Well it definitely doesn't look red anymore so the color must have worked. After putting color on your hair, do you have to get your dreads retwisted or something?

PS: nice Mjöllnir :D

kwaniesiam
January 23rd, 2010, 01:28 PM
Well it definitely doesn't look red anymore so the color must have worked. After putting color on your hair, do you have to get your dreads retwisted or something?

PS: nice Mjöllnir :D

Thanks! :)

Nope, my dreads are backcombed and product free. I'm letting them lock up naturally aside from the backcombing in the beginning to get them started.

Calista
January 23rd, 2010, 01:38 PM
You look like a younger edition of Rain (or would if you dyed your hair black). Is it the glasses, or the piercings, or is there a general likeness? :hmm:

Anyway, she´s cute as a button, and so are you.

kwaniesiam
January 24th, 2010, 07:10 PM
You look like a younger edition of Rain (or would if you dyed your hair black). Is it the glasses, or the piercings, or is there a general likeness? :hmm:

Thank you :flower:

I think it might be a little of all 3? :lol:

Madame J
January 24th, 2010, 08:13 PM

I think you hit the nail on the head -- it's the "cute as a button"-ness.

And, Nightshade, I think she's proven that green can look just as good with brown as with red :cheese:

Which means if she's still thinking about getting rid of green hair toys........ :eyebrows:

Nightshade
January 25th, 2010, 07:35 AM
I think you hit the nail on the head -- it's the "cute as a button"-ness.

And, Nightshade, I think she's proven that green can look just as good with brown as with red :cheese:

Which means if she's still thinking about getting rid of green hair toys........ :eyebrows:

:rollin: I'll just have a seat with Ms Innocent over here :wannabe: