PDA

View Full Version : What does your 'me night' entail?

treesandcoffee
January 20th, 2010, 05:24 PM
Tonight's my night. I only have one evening class tomorrow, no homework due, and dbf's not here.

I have done a yoga series to sooth my tense muscles. I have pasta in the oven. A lavender and coconut oil DT for my hair. A bubble bath with essential oils. A cinnamon-y cup of coffee. A chick flick (Under the Tuscan Sun) and painting complete my 'me night'. Oh, the indulgence.:chillpill::heart:

What do your 'me nights' look like?

GlassEyes
January 20th, 2010, 05:28 PM
>.< I really like Under the Tuscan Sun, and I'm a guy. I think I might've failed my masculinity check.

ANYWAY. Me night = writing. :D Probably video games, and listening to music. : DDDD

Edit: And reading. Duh.

Stormcast
January 20th, 2010, 05:34 PM
Cool thread!
My 'me' night would be making an omlett or pasta....or maybe mashed potatoes(some class of comfort food) A movie (Troy, Across the Universe) or some Anime (Wolf's Rain, my fave) Get into some nice comfy clothes, and draw with my tablet on the coputer. Ahhh
(and of course some of this:chocolate:)

BonnyJ
January 20th, 2010, 05:34 PM
My computer (have to share it with family), sugar free popsickles, or my bed (to ease the Rheumatoid Arthritis) with a good book and the popsickles.

Tonks
January 20th, 2010, 05:42 PM
My roommate and I have our 'me' nights together :) We'll pop in a chick flick, do our nails, I'll soak my feet and she'll use face masks, we eat ice cream, and we lower the lights in our room to make it all nice and pretty :)

We have 'we' nights at least once a week.

hennaphile
January 20th, 2010, 06:22 PM
Oh man, it can either go like this: a night of the simpsons, south park, or watching LOTR, indiana jones or gladiator...

hendigo, playing music, taking pictures, and a nice pizza followed by pudding pie :) (or other yummies).

Calvin and Hobbes before bed, or the Far Side.

littlemoon
January 20th, 2010, 07:13 PM
ohh i like this one!
i usually do me nights once or twice a week, every time i wash my hair. i'm growing out until i can cut off my straightened ends, and it looks so funky right now that ill be damned if anyone sees my hair unstyled! :p it gives me a good excuse to do a self maintenance night.
i oil my roots and put conditioner on my ends and bun it while i take off my nail polish. then i shower and do my washin routine, followed by a netflix instant watch or some good trash tv while i paint my nails and moisturize. sometimes i clean up my room or do my eyebrows instead of the tv, but no matter what i get relaxed and a moment to clear my mind, for once!

RavennaNight
January 20th, 2010, 07:51 PM
"Me" night entails either a good coditioner soak or a henna. Listening to some music, a thin crust pizza all to myself, a bottle of Kindzmerauli, kitty on my lap, and some TV.

Kristin
January 20th, 2010, 07:54 PM
My first priority is always to catch up on sleep. After that, I'll do a hair treatment, maybe while I'm on the treadmill. Shower- better yet- a hot bubble bath. Then a chick flick while I paint my toenails. And then ice cream!

Elphie
January 20th, 2010, 08:00 PM
A long drawn out bath, with one of Lush's butterballs thrown in. A pot of chili and some Harry Potter movie on the tv.

Neddy
January 20th, 2010, 08:07 PM
A comforting dinner that only I seem to like, like buttered pasta with a side of sliced cucumbers or simple buttered toast, a nice long soak in some wonderfully scented bath, shaving my legs, a nice moisturizer, a DT in my hair, comfy pajamas, watching some movie on my bed, and sleeping until whenever I want the next day. Oh, such bliss.

LawyerGirl
January 20th, 2010, 08:11 PM
Oooh. "Me time" is hard to come by. I usually watch musicals (Evita is my favorite) or Lifetime movies, in bed... and eat junk food. And enjoy quietness. Sometimes I'll go shopping. And if I happen to get a whole day to myself, I'll go to the National Art Gallery.

manderly
January 20th, 2010, 08:22 PM
I love that movie!! I was shocked my mom hadn't seen it (since it was on Oxygen and Lifetime about a million times). I'm so glad she put it in her new Netflix queue. I've gotta grab it from her and burn it :eyebrows:

My nights are generally chick flick (possibly a Buffy-a-thon), cuppa tea, knitting (this is new!). Occasionally there will be goo on my face or hair, maybe some sugar waxing.

I've always been a homebody recluse (some say it's because I'm a Cancer), so much so that it can get a little too bad and I won't leave my house for a few days. I have to mentally force myself to go out and just be in the world for a couple of hours.

Juneii
January 20th, 2010, 08:36 PM
ahhh I love those days!

it would consist of a lot hot shower, a good book/movie/tvshow, and papering my hair and nails :D

DanielleRenae
January 20th, 2010, 08:41 PM
"Me night"? What's that?

Well I'm honestly not busy all the time, but it's rare that I get a completely free night (which for me, means no homework the next day). I take a long shower and shave my legs, which I rarely have time for (don't judge me lol) then make a big bowl of mashed potatoes and jam to some music. Then I turn on the air conditioner so it gets cool in my room and my bed feels extra warm :) Simple, but comforting.

MotherConfessor
January 20th, 2010, 09:04 PM
Me nights are the rare times I take to pamper and be a girl. A quick shower, followed by a long soak in the tub with a good book and a bag of chocolates (I got the idea from a book, the characters called it a Triple B: Bath, Book and Bag of chocolates). Some actual time spent rubbing in my Nubian lotion, a face mask/hair mask, nails - girl stuff. All this along with a cup of tea, some tasty finger food stuff and a star trek marathon. Hmmm, that sounds really good come to think of it... and no one is home... maybe I have time for the soaking...

jojo
January 20th, 2010, 09:09 PM
For me tonight is a 'me' night so its a DC under my heat hat, few hours on here while it does its work and then I am going to get my snuggly blanket and some pringles and settle down to catch up on all my soaps ive missed while working!

Bliss!

LittleOrca
January 20th, 2010, 09:10 PM
A me night comes after a nice time bellydancing or working out or being on the wii. It is a night when I have little to no homework to do (reading for the classes I don't count since most of it is very enjoyable to read!) I spend it playing games on facebook or on World of Warcraft or writing or doing the thousands of other things that I like to do despite the world around me :)

MissBellydance
January 20th, 2010, 09:22 PM
I generally take "me" nights when I've been upset. They usually consist of the comforting music of Bowie accompanied by filling a sketch book with random drawings.

Sometimes I'll take a bath or a long shower, write, or watch a favorite movie or British sitcom. Me nights are pretty great :)

time_on_fire
January 20th, 2010, 10:07 PM
Just had one - a hot bath with a Penzey's catalog. I must be addicted to spices.

little_cherry
January 20th, 2010, 10:52 PM
My 'me' night :)
Hair treatment, dead sea mud masque, mani, pedi, a bath with lush bath bomb or bubble bar, exfoliation, some rocking tunes on the itouch (along with some games) and some wine or champagne with chocolates! Ahhh :)

Kelli Kat
January 20th, 2010, 11:01 PM
Chilling on the couch with the kitties watching TV and doing my nails.

ttubabe
January 20th, 2010, 11:03 PM
Oh I love this thread because I love "me night"! I call it my spa night but it's all the same. I sometimes make a small batch of chocolate covered strawberries (my favorite food ever) when I have time, but I usually take a hot shower/bath, give myself a mani/pedi, a facemask, I oil my hair, massage my scalp, and catch up on episodes of The Office or watch a good sappy chick flick. I sipped on a glass of wine once and it was great but I'm not a drinker so I usually just stick to my strawberries. I usually treat myself once every two weeks if possible. I don't know what I'm going to do when I get married and have kids lol. I love my spa night!!!!

Raponsje
January 21st, 2010, 12:06 AM
A very very painful thread. With two children under four years old I consider being able to shower until i'm done and having two hours to devote to my child unfriendly hobbies (like reading and gaming) as me-night. Comes with the mummy life style I guess. And it will get better....sometime. Ladies and the occasional gent, enjoy your me time! It truly is special.

janiejones
January 21st, 2010, 12:28 AM
My "me" nights barely happen...I always have something to do or I'm with my boyfriend (which is extremely wonderful, but some things are just girly and meant to be done alone), but when I do, I like to have a nice good stretch and some yoga, shower and shave my legs haha, use some nice lotion, make some weird vegetarian food no one else likes...and do whatever else sounds good at the time :)

PorcelainHorror
January 21st, 2010, 02:38 AM
Wow that sounds like a fantastically soothing night. :]
For me, I like to get out of the house.
Going to sushi with my mom (were bff's) and then going to the shopping district near by.
Now I'm hungry for sushi.

janeytilllie
January 21st, 2010, 02:55 AM
"Me" night usually entails of watching Charmed, Friends, Ghost Whisper or a film while eating yummy goodies! :D

I then might play on playstation 2 and afterwards read a book :)

eamane
January 21st, 2010, 03:24 AM
A me night? It would probably be a me afternoon or something if I got someone to watch the kids ;)
A looooong bath while doing some hairtreatment, reading a good book, finishing of with a loooong shower, footcare and painting my nails. Then if it's possible, watch something good on tv with some kind of candy next to me :D

Masara
January 21st, 2010, 03:35 AM
I don't get me nights, but I sometimes get me afternoons. they aren't as good because you can't go to sleep an forget the world and any masks or treatments have to come off before getting the kids at 4.30.
But, a me afternoon is usually chocolate, a nice cup of coffee (or hot chocolate) and I watch something dh and the kids don't want to watch (friends, Buffy ...) on the telly with a nice DT on my head.

Igor
January 21st, 2010, 03:48 AM
Me-night= My most comfortable and ugly pyjamas!

Everything else is optional :lol:

Newniepg
January 21st, 2010, 03:49 AM
My (entirely hypothetical due to 10 month old!) me night consists of cadburys hot chocolate with mini marshmallows on top, a hot bath by candlelight, fresh pajamas and curling up in bed with a favourite book. (I would possibly have some nibbles on hand whilst reading)

Ahhhh....that sounds pretty blissful actually. :)

LadyNihilia
January 21st, 2010, 03:59 AM
My me night would involve taking a nice hot shower then curling up at the computer with some warm blankets. I would also have a cup of hot chocolate and watch some Let's Plays of the Silent Hill series (a video game walkthrough which I find amusing) or movies like Repo! the Genetic Opera.

Carolyn
January 21st, 2010, 05:32 AM
My "me" time is often Sunday morning since I don't like to wash my hair at night. I would do some kind of a hair DT, do a facial mask, do a pedicure and sit in front of the TV. I'd watch either a chick flick or soaps.

treesandcoffee
January 21st, 2010, 06:16 AM
Wow, reading through all of these has me realizing that I'm missing a major component to me nights-- chocolate! :chocolate:What was I thinking?

Argh, right after I wrote the thread I checked my class syllabus one more time, and realized I had a reading. Which distracted and stressed me enough that my me night was cancelled. Oh well, trial run-- this weekend I'll do it right, with some peppermint bark. :p

windinherhair
January 21st, 2010, 10:29 AM
Relaxing in complete silence unless I am in the mood for a movie (me and my hubby watch so many movies together). Snuggling on the couch with my blankets, cats, and a book, drinking something warm, and did I mention relaxing. I am not someone who gets bored! I am usually so busy, so I enjoy a relaxing time of peace and quiet. I also like to catch up with some of my friends, so extended phone calls with them too.

SHELIAANN1969
January 21st, 2010, 10:33 AM
Sweat pants, and movies, I'm easy to please! :D

Little_Bird
January 21st, 2010, 11:51 AM
Hmm, I have me mornings =P I have a renovating day every week, usually Fridays or Saturdays. Once a month, I can do a deep treatment on my hair the night before, like with olive oil or something.

Me morning include making my room look pretty, changing sheets and sometimes blankets, washing my hair in the bath, oiling it, and then use the rest of the morning to watch cartoons...

Me nights usually are all about cartoons too :p Those I have all the time!

Rusalka
January 21st, 2010, 12:29 PM
I love to relax in silence :) When I henna, it has the benefit of blocking out all the noise. I curl up on the Papasan with a good book in my comfys. In the winter time it is nice to have hot tea and a fireplace :)

manderly, I am also a Cancer, I am glad to know that the desire to stay at home is associated with my sign instead of being antisocial :)

Thank you to everyone for sharing, I am going to add some of these relaxing activities to my own :)

Islandgrrl
January 21st, 2010, 12:39 PM
Me Night?

The closest I come to a Me Night is a We Night, every Friday when DH and I have Date Night. I very, very rarely get any time completely alone.

My Dream Me Night, should I actually get one and have a little money to throw at the whole affair, would probably include a trip to the closest climbing gym for some fun, followed by an even bigger monster sauna, a massage, perhaps something as indulgent as a facial or a mani/pedi. Ideally, my Me Night would happen during the day, and I could maybe go for an awesome long bike ride or some kayaking.

A good book and a blanket on the couch would be okay, too.

tiggens
January 21st, 2010, 12:52 PM
I live alone and am single so me-night for me is every night. Which is perfect for me :p

Sometimes I do feel like a weeknight or weekday morning is particularly me-centric in which case I'll do many of the things listed upthread: cook something tasty for dinner or breakfast, do a face/hair mask, take a bath, use some special scented powders, go for a walk, read, go to the farmstand, practice my instrument, listen to the radio (Car Talk is a staple of my Saturday me-mornings). I also (secretly) love cleaning, re-arranging/decorating/crafting/organizing the apartment in between doing doing these things. The best me-mornings/nights do usually involve some friend-time or a date that I get to look forward to while relaxing.

Backliteyes
January 21st, 2010, 01:25 PM
I believe tomorrow or Saturday night will be a me night. :bounce:

My me days/nights usually consist of lots of primping and pretty-fying (nail painting, hair DTs, face masks, shaving and lotioning, candles burning, etc.) as well as something to watch (doesn't have to be a chick flick, just something I'll enjoy).

The problem is I usually feel like everything else has to be accomplished before I can commence with me time. I've tried to to start a me-fest while my aparment is still a mess, and I just can't totally relax unless things are clean enough and in order. :rolleyes:

Othala
January 21st, 2010, 01:40 PM
I don't do "me nights", I have "me weekends".

Olde Soul
January 22nd, 2010, 01:19 AM
I tend to do "me nights" and "we nights."

Me nights occur when my family is out and about, and consist of a long bath with my Sugar Scrub from Bath and Body Works (indulgence at its best) and shaving my legs, a DT or henna for my hair, egg whites for my face. Then I put on my comfy robe and watch a movie/TV show that no on else in my family seems to like (Braveheart, Monty Python, Say Yes to The Dress, etc). I'll usually make myself some naughty sinful food like Jello pudding or ice cream out of the carton, the me and the kitties just pile on the couch and pig out.

"We nights" are Sundays, when my DBF takes me out dancing and buys me dinner. :D

Tangerine
January 22nd, 2010, 02:39 AM
I don't do "me nights", I have "me weekends".

You go girl! :D

My very recent 'me nights' consist of just getting into bed not long after the kids are asleep, and catching up on episodes of Fringe and House :inlove:
And then some much needed sleep ...

At the weekends I try and squeeze in a nice long hair-washing shower (as opposed to the quick rushed hair wash one during the week, and the one minute every morning body showers :taz:) while the kids drive DH batty. But half the time he talks me into having at least 1 of them in the bathroom with me anyway, so that reduces the relaxation factor somewhat.. :rolleyes::p

LadyVictoria
January 23rd, 2010, 02:04 PM
Oh how I do love my "me nights". I usually DT and slip into a hot bath. My chick flick of choice is the Sex And The City movie or Somewhere In Time (Jane Seymore's *sp?* hair is truly something to be envied). Then I may crochet or weave on my loom. I usually top off my evening with picking up one of my guitars or sitting down at my piano.

Ahhhh, several hours of uninterrupted bliss.

Hay22
January 23rd, 2010, 02:45 PM
I'm so envious of all of you. Really.

Right now I'm having a me afternoon. I just turned on my tv a few minutes ago for the first time in almost 2 weeks and am watching an episode of Ugly Betty that's been calling to me. I've changed into comfy clothes and crocs, am drinking the hot chocolate I picked up on my way home earlier, and am about to bust open a fresh bag of refrigerated Golden Double Stuf Oreos. All of this while LHC-ing. When this is over I'll probably grab the Percy Jackson book I've been wanting to finish and I'm sure a face mask or a hair oiling will take place sometime within the next couple of hours. Then back to studying. :(

Paliele
January 23rd, 2010, 03:01 PM
I have a long bath with a good book, and possibly chocolate. My "me-night" book selections tend to be more romantical and sappy than my usual book selections.

Lamb
January 23rd, 2010, 03:28 PM
Good quality red wine! :bottomsup:

Crochet, going through photographs, trying to translate poetry (a new venture), my favourite movies.

Now and then a DT for hair (should do it more often!)

CaityBear
January 23rd, 2010, 04:28 PM
Does not happen much. Usually it's just sitting back with a book. Most of the time with my family watching TV in the same room. haha

Though today I did a henna. Let it sit for about 4 hours. Put a face mask on for the last five minutes before I hopped in the shower. While letting the henna sit, I baked cookies, vacuumed the floor, watched Anne of Green Gables, worked on the dress I'm making and studied for exams next week.

Liss
January 23rd, 2010, 04:46 PM
I re-arranged my life so that "me" nights are every night. Admittedly it's easier to do when you don't have kids or a partner floating around.

I guess that special feeling of total indulgence doesn't really exist when you can do what you want, when you want. Although the feeling is never ruined by unexpected distractions, electric cuts or water cuts when you're covered in bubbles.

I just make sure that I've finished everything I need to do for the day, or at least put it away so it's out of my mind, then relax and enjoy doing whatever I feel like before bed.

Laylah
January 23rd, 2010, 05:11 PM
Gosh, I can't remember the last time I've had a "me night," so this is just made up.
In the summer, I'd run outside with the dog, climb a tree, feed the fish in the pond, go biking in the prairie preserve. When it's dark I'd take a cool shower, eat some watermelon outside, and go to bed on some cool sheets and a breezy open window.
In the winter, I'd take a hot shower, watch some TV, draw a little, and finally read some calvin and hobbes before going to bed under the warm blankets.

blendedchaitea
January 23rd, 2010, 06:45 PM
"Me nights" are my "we nights," consisting of me and my vibrator.

It's good times.

RoseRedDead
January 23rd, 2010, 06:54 PM

It's good times.

I just died laughing. :rollin:

I don't really have "me" nights. Because I live in a big family, I tend to have "me" afternoons instead. Usually involves a full body scrub, long CO or deep treatmeant, lots of lotion, and a quasi-pedicure...

Elphie
January 23rd, 2010, 08:14 PM

It's good times.

Classic! :cheese:

starlights
January 23rd, 2010, 08:48 PM
me nights for me involve the following:

watching a good film or tv program
a large mug of cappachino or hot choccie!
a box of chocs for myself
a magazine just incase i feel bored
candle lightening
relaxin in my fave pj's
switching the lights off to dim

perfeccccccccccccccct!

Qadupae
January 24th, 2010, 04:50 AM
"Me nights" are usually bath instead of shower, full body vanicream rub down (only in winter), a few chores (unavoidable), maybe play a video game or work on some needlework, maybe some mac and cheese :cheese: Pretty much it is veg out night and I like being lazy.

skydancer7
January 24th, 2010, 06:50 AM
Me-nights involve some or all of my favorite things below, depending on how involved it is:

-fresh coat of toenail polish
-hot bath with sea salt and lavender essential oil
-glass or two of red wine (sometimes during bath)
-a few squares of quality dark chocolate (sometimes with wine and bath)
-a full body lotioning or oiling
-peppermint or chamomile tea
-"chick flicks" that my husband would probably hate :)
-mac and cheese with extra cheese!
-do some rag curls
-do a deep oiling
-do a mud mask from Lush
-play some of my favorite mellow/trippy/pretty downtempo music
-rendezvous with my silver bullet ;)
-wear my special silky pajamas instead of my regular pajamas
-reading some "Sandman" comics or other favorite novels
-put on my ballet pointe shoes and tiptoe around the kitchen, giggling

WOW, I am really good at pampering myself!! Lol!

blue_nant
January 24th, 2010, 07:02 PM
I don't get those unless DH isn't home, which is fairly rare.
BUT!

If I get the time, I'll play music I like, I'll dance all over the house, and sometimes I do a little henna if I know I have an hour or more (and I have some ready).

Sometimes I declutter, put it in a bag and into my truck so DH can't be reminded of something he never uses and doesn't need but wants to hold onto anyway (I don't do this to his stuff, but sometimes he lays claim to my crap.)

Zaane
January 24th, 2010, 09:53 PM
MY me night = knitting, piano & taiwanese movies............weird i know, rewarding - absolutely :)

treesandcoffee
January 25th, 2010, 02:36 PM
-put on my ballet pointe shoes and tiptoe around the kitchen, giggling

Love it. :p Sometimes I shimmy while I cook and vacuum :o

jaine
January 25th, 2010, 09:17 PM
Monday night = "me night"!!
I had a little feast with foods that I was craving all day! Half of a roast chicken, smoked salmon, blueberries, a banana, and jasmine tea. :)
Then I went to NVC class / support group ... which *technically* involves other people but it's something I love to do so it counts as me-time.
Now I'm relaxing at home with a beautiful cup of white peony rose tea. I do love a really good cup of tea ... it grounds me.

Oh guess what ... tomorrow is "me night" too. Yoga class, more feasting, more tea :)

eiwonob
January 25th, 2010, 10:58 PM
Me night would have some good junk food, maybe some Pringles, then a good white chocolate with cookies from Hershey's... eating that while playing World of Warcraft, with my hair soaked in oils or other DT... then i would take a warm bath, watch Monty Python sketches for the rest of the night and sleep in comfy old old clothes... *sigh* :bunny:

Keildra
January 26th, 2010, 02:19 AM
Me nights include (if I don't have to stay home and if my hubby can be with me)
-A trip to my favorite restaurant, which happens to be a really good Japanese restaurant.
-A trip to the bookstore (which is a forty-five minute drive from where I live)
-A good trip to the movies (I would pick the move)
-A nice drive home with interesting discussions.
-A foot rub when I get home. (maybe a back or neck rub too)
-A nice bath with bath salts and lots of bubbles (our bath tub is broken right now so that won't be for a while)
-and finally my husband brushing and braiding my hair for bed