PDA

View Full Version : My Idea of a Sock Bun!!

pinchbeck
January 20th, 2010, 12:43 PM
Okay...initally I thought a sock bun was when a person wrapped a sock around their bun. After looking it up, I realized this isn't so. Here's is how my original though is coming into play.

I have to pick my toddler up at daycare now and my hair is still wet. Our car won't turn on which means I have to walk to the daycare with wet hair. How to remedy this? Well...I just shoved my bun in my toddler's sock to protect it from the below zero temperatures! :p

Dreams_in_Pink
January 20th, 2010, 01:11 PM
to be honest, i don't really think it's such a decorative idea to insert your bun into a sock :D but you sure can use some more decorative coats (or sew one yourself) for the same purpose.

XJawbreaker
January 20th, 2010, 01:14 PM
Haha awe thats cute. Maybe if I do it that way, all my little layered hairs will stay in the *attempted* cinnamon bun I do for ballet class. But then my teacher might look at me kinda funny.

PorcelainHorror
January 20th, 2010, 01:15 PM
Haha, great idea. ;]

karli
January 20th, 2010, 01:28 PM
Some toddlers socks ARE really qute! I wouldn`t wear dd:s though...

vamq
January 20th, 2010, 02:17 PM
Haha, I can totally immagine that :rollin:
I guess sock bun is initially a bit of a confusing term. I couldn't believe that you actually had to make it with a real sock when I first came here :D

If you want to protect your hair, maybe you can wrap a (thin) scarf around it?
I do this all the time when I do a sockbun, because you can see all the clippies if I don't. If you have a thin (bit see-trough material) colourful scarf, it turns out quite nice :)

pinchbeck
January 20th, 2010, 03:38 PM
to be honest, i don't really think it's such a decorative idea to insert your bun into a sock :D but you sure can use some more decorative coats (or sew one yourself) for the same purpose.It was very unattractive and when I reached daycare my toddler said, "You're wearing my sock!". I laughed, of course, hoping that nobody would notice the ugly appendage-like-thing hanging off of my head.