PDA

View Full Version : Hair typing help?

cmnt831
January 20th, 2010, 10:01 AM
Would anyone be willing to help me out? I've always considered myself to have wavy - but very frizzy - hair. Last week after following some tips I found here, I discovered that my hair has a lot of very loose spirals in it. I am just not sure if I'm a 2c, 2c/3a or 3a. Maybe it doesn't even matter, because my hair likes to be treated as though it's curly, so that's how I intend to treat it :D. I just think it's helpful for others who have the same type of hair to be able to see routines and products that have helped - hence, me wanting to find my hair's correct type.

So, pic is in sig. Let me know if that's usable picture or if I need to try again for better detail. (Yes, I got flash flare in there :p).

Thanks!

lapushka
January 20th, 2010, 10:19 AM
Looks like a definite 3a due to the spiraling at the bottom.

cmnt831
January 20th, 2010, 11:00 AM
After doing some research I was leaning towards 3a also. I practically forced my poor husband to go through the hair typing guide on this site and compare it to my hair sitting in front of him. He picked 3a also.

Thanks so much for helping me :).

coscass
January 20th, 2010, 12:13 PM
I'd also say 3a. Very nice curls! Kinda looks like my hair (only nicer, and darker)

xoxophelia
January 20th, 2010, 12:18 PM
From this one picture I would lean more to 3a/3b personally.

This should be helpful:
http://archive.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=8954

cmnt831
January 20th, 2010, 12:21 PM
Oh, thanks so much! I'm only just getting used to people saying that I have nice hair :) I still can't believe it myself - hence, the quote in my sig.

Ryanne
January 20th, 2010, 12:28 PM
I'm leaning towards 2c/3a.

cmnt831
January 20th, 2010, 12:32 PM
From this one picture I would lean more to 3a/3b personally.

This should be helpful:
http://archive.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=8954

Thanks for the link :). I had only looked at the one with pictures. It's mostly loose spirals, but there are a few "bouncy ringlets" in the back. That would explain why my hair likes to be treated as though it's curly :doh:.

cmnt831
January 20th, 2010, 12:52 PM
Ryanne: Thanks for the input :). I looked at your hair album - beautiful color and texture!