PDA

View Full Version : I'm a full-on ii again :)

GlennaGirl
January 18th, 2010, 11:46 PM
A thread about thickness and circumference and all that got me thinking about this. I really never changed my specs to i/ii...or I don't think I did...but I lost A LOT of hair in the year prior to being DXd as hypothyroid.

I wasn't admitting it to myself, but it eventually became obvious. My ponytail felt like a pencil. Well, maybe a magic marker, but not much more than that! I measured and was just under 2". :( It was a little devastating, not because of the actual measurement but because of such a big change.

I self-trimmed the other day and my hair just suddenly felt and looked thicker to me...this was a welcome surprise...and so I measured tonight, and I'm at 2.75"! In ii territory without doubt. I am so grateful. I wasn't expecting anything to come back. But nearly a full inch has, apparently. (I measure at the nape of my neck and pull the measuring tape tightly.) I...can't believe it. It's such a small thing but it made me smile. To me it means that maybe I'm getting my health back.

rapunzhell13
January 19th, 2010, 12:46 AM
Congrats on getting your health back and the lush hair to show for it. :)

Sammich
January 19th, 2010, 01:03 AM
Oh wow. That is fantastic! *Hug* Thank bejeebies you got it back!(Almost?) :) That's great news.

GlennaGirl
January 19th, 2010, 01:27 AM
rapunzhell13, thank you. :) Yeah, it's a twofer! Health and hair!

Thank you, Sammich, for your kind words!

DavidN
January 19th, 2010, 04:31 AM
I am so happy for you, GlennaGirl, congratulations!:cheer:

enfys
January 19th, 2010, 04:33 AM
I'm so glad your hair came back! It must have been sneaking in for some time to make such a difference to your pony already!

rhubarbarin
January 19th, 2010, 04:58 AM
That's great news! I hope this new year brings you continued health. Like you said this is a really important sign that things are going back to normal within your body.. that's something to be very excited about, although it's also awesome just for vanity's sake. :)

GlassEyes
January 19th, 2010, 05:33 AM
Congratulations! :D

elina333
January 19th, 2010, 05:35 AM
What a relief, congratulations! :D

FrannyG
January 19th, 2010, 06:07 AM
That's good news on so many levels. I'm very happy and grateful for both your hair and your health. :flowers:

embee
January 19th, 2010, 06:25 AM
I'm glad whatever meds you're on are working for something good! :)

Thyroid trouble can be pretty grim. Been there, done that. Ugh.

Medievalmaniac
January 19th, 2010, 06:59 AM
Congratulations! What a lovely surprise, and thank goodness your health is turning around for you!! May 2010 continue to bring you such lovely moments!! :)

Altocumulus
January 19th, 2010, 07:24 AM
Good news!

juliaxena
January 19th, 2010, 09:04 AM
Yaaaay congrats I-m so happ for you> I told you our hair keeps getting better!

UP Lisa
January 19th, 2010, 11:02 AM
I know how much that must mean to you!

chaoticwaves
January 19th, 2010, 11:08 AM
That is great news! I lost a lot of hair AFTER becoming healthier (losing 70 pounds), so that was a bummer but worth it. I'm so glad to hear about the increase of your hair and your health. I gives me hope mine with thicken up too. :)

xoxophelia
January 19th, 2010, 11:16 AM
How did you measure it to find out?

When I wrap my fingers around my hair the diameter is about 2" wide and I can't think of a way to actually measure the circumference accurately Oo

mrs_b
January 19th, 2010, 12:50 PM
This is fantastic news. I'm so glad to hear about the increase of your hair. :toast:

GlennaGirl
January 19th, 2010, 01:43 PM
Thank you all so, so, so much! The increase must have happened over the course of a year because I know it was last year that I did that measurement (the just under 2" one) and it was only now that I was brave enough to measure again.

xoxophelia, I measure by gathering my hair at the nape in a ponytail and putting a cloth or vinyl measuring tape around it, since those are flexible.

Thanks so much, everybody, for your super kind words.

melikai
January 19th, 2010, 07:05 PM
Congratulations! That is great news, and definitely a good indicator of being healthy!