PDA

View Full Version : My very first hair pictures!

xoxophelia
January 17th, 2010, 01:46 PM
For the first time ever, I attempted to take pics of my hair from behind after digging up a camera for you all. :).. I am REALLY bad at it. A lot of shots of the wall, my butt, but I will show the few that worked out.

Before I figured out to take the flash off:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=4575&pictureid=60467

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=4575&pictureid=60465

After.. the best shot I got -_-:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=4575&pictureid=60466

This is after my first cone free wash and with braid waves and no product.

Oh man for some reason showing my hair makes me nervous!

Sammich
January 17th, 2010, 01:53 PM
Oh dear, I had that problem too but I quickly fixed it by using the self timer and setting my cam/phone on top of any/some strange shaped objects! :) (Better for straight objects cough)

I LOVE your waves! I want wavies like that sooo badly! :) How beautiful, so much volume and I love the colour!

2peasinapod
January 17th, 2010, 01:54 PM
Your hair looks gorgeous! So shiny! The braid waves add a really nice texture!

Don't worry about not getting good shots. Your last picture is still better than I could take my first time! :)

xoxophelia
January 17th, 2010, 02:02 PM
Sammich- good idea about the timer.. I am no camera expert .. I usually just use the built in webcam on my computer but couldn't figure out how to get that to work well -_-.. Oh and funny thing is, the color is my semi perm washing out. You can see about.. 2 inches of roots though so I think it blended well after the honey treatment thing...

2peas- I was feeling so down on my hair earlier looking at all the pretty hair pictures here.. and frustrated with the long process of growing out layers. *sigh*.. thanks for the compliments :)

coscass
January 17th, 2010, 02:03 PM
You have gorgeous hair! Shiny, full! I love it

HisForever
January 17th, 2010, 02:24 PM
Very pretty hair! :)

xoxophelia
January 17th, 2010, 02:24 PM
thanks coscass :D.. you do too!

myrrhmaiden
January 17th, 2010, 02:25 PM
ooooh! you have gorgeous hair. love those waves.

xoxophelia
January 17th, 2010, 02:28 PM
ooooh! you have gorgeous hair. love those waves.

Thank ya myrr and HF ^^

.. They are braid waves but my natural texture sometimes looks pretty similar to the larger wave sections. Lately it falls flat though.. -_-'

Xandergrammy
January 17th, 2010, 02:52 PM
Oh, don't be nervous, sweetie! Your hair is lovely. You done good!

FrannyG
January 17th, 2010, 02:56 PM
Oh, your hair is just lovely. :cloud9: I look forward to your progress!!!

Chrissy
January 17th, 2010, 02:57 PM
Your hair looks great! I'm glad you got up the courage to post them. Happy and healthy hair growing to you!!!

Little_Bird
January 17th, 2010, 03:19 PM
Hey those shots are very nice! Even the last one looks interesting! Your hair is looking very good, the wave look very pretty in those pictures :)

Elphie
January 17th, 2010, 03:21 PM
Great waves! Pretty color, too! Nothing to be nervous about!

Vivien'
January 17th, 2010, 03:21 PM
Nice hair ! Don't worry, your shots are really nice, I swear you. The very first of mine were VERY awful, worst than that. :)
And my guess is that you're nervous because it's rather uncommon to take a picture of your hair to show it off on the web, save for the people here :D You'll get used to it !

xoxophelia
January 17th, 2010, 03:28 PM
Thank you everybody :D Really... I keep thinking if I should cut it off haha.....

I think I am partly nervous because the lower half of my hair is from when I was ill for a year and had clumps falling out. It has been slowly recovering and now that I am stopping some of the bad things I used to do we'll see :).

Franny- I hope I get progress! It is fun trying out new things regardless though.

Cheers

yellowchariot
January 17th, 2010, 03:36 PM
IMO I think your hair looks pretty cool. It looks thick and full. Great length too! :thumbsup:

KarpatiiSiv
January 17th, 2010, 05:20 PM
Your hair looks very pretty.http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/flowerysmile.gif (http://www.millan.net)

camirra555
January 17th, 2010, 07:45 PM
Your hair looks great!

jojo
January 17th, 2010, 08:32 PM
your hair looks beautiful, i love your waves too.

I balance my camera on top of a pile of books and use the self timer, its trial and error but you did great!

kitsune
January 18th, 2010, 09:16 AM
your hair is gorgeous! Love the waves

xoxophelia
January 18th, 2010, 09:23 AM
Thanks! :)

I will figured out a way to stack books or something for sure. I think I had my head tilted forward a little bit in the first one .. which will sort of mess up comparison pictures. -_-

GoddesJourney
January 18th, 2010, 10:36 AM
I like the shine. It seems like whatever you're doing it's working. Congratulations. And don't feel pressured to put up photos if it makes you uncomfortable. Many of our members don't post photos of themselves or their hair for understandable privacy reasons.

xoxophelia
January 18th, 2010, 10:42 AM
I like the shine. It seems like whatever you're doing it's working. Congratulations. And don't feel pressured to put up photos if it makes you uncomfortable. Many of our members don't post photos of themselves or their hair for understandable privacy reasons.

Thank you Goddes. I have just been making some changed from the info I have learned here. I want to put up pictures to track my progress and so others can help or see, but I just get nervous about it not looking so good.

I'm use to blowdrying in the past and having that "in place" type of hair. But it is a cruel cycle where it damages your hair and then you have to blowdry for it to look good. :/ (kind of destroys my natural texture I think)

jmallen62691
January 18th, 2010, 11:27 AM
Aww! I really wanna comment on your pics, but I can't see them for some reason. And since everyone else evidently can, I think there's something wrong with my computer. :/ I'll check back later though.

violeteyes
January 18th, 2010, 11:29 AM
Your hair looks really pretty! Very healthy-looking :)

xoxophelia
January 18th, 2010, 01:53 PM
Aww! I really wanna comment on your pics, but I can't see them for some reason. And since everyone else evidently can, I think there's something wrong with my computer. :/ I'll check back later though.

I think you can't see them because you haven't made at least 25 posts yet. I don't think there is too much of a way around that, but it didn't take me long to get to 25.

violet- thanks ^^.. key word.. healthy.. "looking" haha. Hoping to improve that though. :D

starlights
January 23rd, 2010, 09:04 PM
nice waves and lovely thick hair!

spidermom
January 24th, 2010, 08:41 AM
Your hair is lovely, both color and shine. I find it's easier to get a mirror picture by holding the camera much closer to the top of my head.

Forever_Sophie
January 24th, 2010, 08:45 AM
So healthy looking! Your hair is beautiful :)

xoxophelia
January 24th, 2010, 11:12 AM
Your hair is lovely, both color and shine. I find it's easier to get a mirror picture by holding the camera much closer to the top of my head.

I tried that actually, but because of the braid waves I had little hairs sticking up through the camera making it look like a jungle XD

Then I just gave up and tried anything

Thanks you guy. Yesterday I was looking at it and thinking about chopping it off. It is frustrating growing out color and layers (I am going back to virgin and you can see a few inches of roots, but without the sun they blend very well :))

Sammich
January 24th, 2010, 11:15 AM
I tried that actually, but because of the braid waves I had little hairs sticking up through the camera making it look like a jungle XD

Then I just gave up and tried anything

Thanks you guy. Yesterday I was looking at it and thinking about chopping it off. It is frustrating growing out color and layers (I am going back to virgin and you can see a few inches of roots, but without the sun they blend very well :))

We all know either one of those problems, either going virgin or removing layers.
Phew. I have one of the worst! Haha! :p So I definately know. Colour and EXTREME layers with long length.

xoxophelia
January 24th, 2010, 11:21 AM
We all know either one of those problems, either going virgin or removing layers.
Phew. I have one of the worst! Haha! :p So I definately know. Colour and EXTREME layers with long length.

Oh gosh. When I started evening them out a few *years* ago.. Oo... My shortest layers were above my eyebrows and then the hairdresser went chop happy and the rest of my length, below BSL, looked thin. I eventually got a majority of the bottom layer cut off, grew more, and did another significant chop.

Now I am sooo close to at least the longest part of the hemline being blunt. Literally 1.5 inches. Still have the V going on from the old bangs etc -_-'

SchnauzerMom
January 24th, 2010, 12:29 PM
Your hair is very beautiful, love the waves. I can't take good pictures of myself so I get my DH to do it. He thinks I'm crazy wanting pictures taken of the back of my head.

Pixna
January 24th, 2010, 02:09 PM
VERY pretty!!! And you did a great job with the self-photography. I love your braid waves -- they look fantastic. I'd really like to see your hair's "natural" texture, too.

xoxophelia
January 24th, 2010, 03:00 PM
VERY pretty!!! And you did a great job with the self-photography. I love your braid waves -- they look fantastic. I'd really like to see your hair's "natural" texture, too.

Thanks! :)

My natural texture seems to be ever shifting. I think because my hair is fairly mixed. This past week I have stopped using all cones because it started to go flat.. and then I will take some pics soon. I started using cones for a short bit and seemed to lose most of the wave.

JamieLeigh
January 25th, 2010, 09:32 AM
You have very pretty hair! I love the shine and wave! :D