PDA

View Full Version : a moment of pride from a lingering noob

DreamDance
January 16th, 2010, 10:10 PM
I've been hanging around the forums for a few months reading a post here and there and whining about the condition of my hair... My dh very um... well not so nicely said well then do something about it.

so I did some research and trimmed my hair by myself for the first time... and i had to share because it scared the crap out of me. But i did it anyway. My hair feels glorious now... I can actually get a comb through it (I took about 4 inches off of my length to get rid of some really over processed ends)

thanx for all your encouraging posts. And Feye thank you so much for your hair cutting method. It was very empowering :P

30isthenewblack
January 16th, 2010, 11:24 PM
It is very empowering! I only cut off 0.5" at most. Four inches is a good effort to get it all nice and even ... well done you and welcome to the forum :smile:

coscass
January 16th, 2010, 11:25 PM
Kudos to you! I need a trim, bad, but I'm too afraid to go get it done :P

embee
January 17th, 2010, 11:35 AM
Congratulations for doing it yourself! I used to try to do my own, but that was many years ago and was usually epic FAIL. ;) Now I just let mine grow to its natural length.

And welcome to LHC. :)

Pixna
January 17th, 2010, 11:44 AM
I've done self-trimming (using Feye's method) from dustings to many inches -- it really is empowering to put the total care of your hair (including trims) into your own hands. The scariest part is behind you now. Congratulations on your success!! :applause

Akiko
January 17th, 2010, 11:52 AM
Congratulations! It is great to be able to take care of our own hair.

kimki
January 17th, 2010, 11:53 AM
Congrats and welcome to LHC :flower:

Sammich
January 17th, 2010, 01:49 PM
Congrats! I recently did a trim too, well QUITE recently... and yes it feels great! I only trimmed less than 0.5 and I felt fantastic about it and it felt good too! Less tangles. :D Woot.
I'm going to carry on trimming my own hair. :) I hate putting the life of my hair on the line to hairdressers. *Shiver*

pepperminttea
January 17th, 2010, 02:22 PM
Nothing like that first self-trim to make you feel empowered. :) Welcome! :blossom:

ItsMyHair
January 17th, 2010, 05:16 PM
Congrats! Self trims feel like the lesser of the two evils to me. Still scary, but much less scary than going to the hairdresser.

Dani
January 17th, 2010, 05:43 PM
Awesome! Well done on trimming your own hair. I LOVE cutting my hair. :p It's so much fun. I've been trimming my own hair since I was 12 or so, when I first lopped off my bum-length hair to APL or so (I've trimmed every way you can think of, even my own pixie cut a couple years ago- that was hard to do!). I've never used Feye's method, but I love her and that she has such great advice that works for so many people... I just have never gotten around to doing it her ways yet! I will one of these days, when my hair is longer. It can be so much fun to cut your own hair, and it is actually ridiculously easy! I wish everyone could realize they can totally do it. :cool: :D Have fun :cheese:

DreamDance
January 18th, 2010, 01:03 PM
thnx all for your encouragement :)