PDA

View Full Version : How long from Bsl to waist?

longforhim
January 15th, 2010, 05:49 PM
For those of you who grew from BSl to waist how long did it take you? I've finally reached my 1st goal of BSL but was wondering how long it would take me to get to waist? I estimated about march '11 and that is with 3 planned trims every 4 months for this year 2010(1inch or less each trim). Thanks!

xkmx
January 15th, 2010, 06:18 PM
Ohhh I'll be watching this thread... I just recently got to full BSL and can't wait for waist!

Elphie
January 15th, 2010, 06:23 PM
I'm about 2.5 inches from waist right now. When I joined here (Sept. 2009) I was at the upper portion of BSL. I estimate being at waist by summertime. So, a year and nine months for me? Growth of a half inch per month is average for me and I've had 3 small trims/dustings in that time.

invisiblebabe
January 15th, 2010, 06:49 PM
My hair probably grows about 3/4" to 1" per month. It takes me about 6 months to get from BSL to waist, with no trims.

Masara
January 16th, 2010, 12:44 AM
I calculated it would take me about 8 months to get from BSL to waist, but in the end, it took me a year.

HildeMV
January 16th, 2010, 01:42 AM
It took me a little under a year to go from between APL and BSL to a little below waist. At least that's what I think looking at old pictures. I didn't do no-trim back then though.

Ryanne
January 16th, 2010, 02:32 AM
Around a year. I reached it before my first anniversary here.

Deimos
January 16th, 2010, 04:05 AM
How long? Forever! Theoretically it would take a year or so for me, if I look at the distance and growth rate.

jojo
January 16th, 2010, 04:10 AM
I reached BSL in Jan 09 and I am just 1.5" off waist but last year i had terrible growth due to stress, now im on a goal of a stress-free 2010 and with that and my new vitamin routine my hair is growing better, so I am holding out for April, hopefully sooner!

Anlbe
January 16th, 2010, 04:17 AM
Fifteen years and counting...

Hiriel
January 16th, 2010, 05:04 AM
I was at BSL when I joined here in July/August last year, and am aaaaalmost at waist now. So, about half a year. But I'm short, and I also had very good growth in August and September last year.

FrannyG
January 16th, 2010, 05:06 AM
Everyone is different, because the span between BSL and waist differs so much on individuals. It depends if you are short or tall, long-waisted or short-waisted.

From my years of watching peoples' progress here, I would say that it takes about a year on average to go from BSL to waist.

lesbia
January 16th, 2010, 05:49 AM
around 6 months for me...

RoseRedDead
January 16th, 2010, 06:59 AM
Way too long.

Then again, maybe my hair grows slowly (I really think it does - I don't measure or anything, so I'm not exactly sure, but I have my suspicions).

I'd say at least 1 year, personally, if not more like 1 1/2.

Ravenwaves 88
January 16th, 2010, 07:17 AM
i'm 4 inches from solid waist and it will be almost a year when i'm there. I have an average length there but when i go for tailbone that will be a year for me too!

florenonite
January 16th, 2010, 08:22 AM
It took me about two years, because I trimmed from lower-BSL to upper-BSL and then a few months later stalled. It's only four or five inches, though, so it would have taken less than a year otherwise.

Stacy_E
January 16th, 2010, 09:25 AM
It took me 7 months. I was at BSL in July 09, and I've just now reached waist. I trimmed a total of 1 3/8" in that period.

rach
January 16th, 2010, 09:30 AM
conformably "looking" waist 31'' should be by march.
BLS 26'' when i joined . So a year, but i have had to do lots of S&Ding (teeny amounts off the tips) in that time because my hair was in rehabilitation mode.

Tangles
January 16th, 2010, 01:30 PM
Agreed that a year is about the average. However, I'd like to note that this length is where a lot of people start getting taper and start seeing the results of past damage. If this happens, you might well need to do some serious trimming before you find your hair is waist AND healthy looking.

jesamyn
January 16th, 2010, 01:36 PM
And to add to what Tangles said, lower BSL is where I really noticed that my layers were causing massive taper and thin ends. I trimmed back to upper BSL to get rid of some of them. I expect that I'll keep trimming back into BSL to help lose the layers. So despite being short and having very fast-growing hair, I expect a full year to hit waist too.

Arniky
January 21st, 2010, 06:41 AM
Hi
bsl to waist may be took a year or so dont exactly remeber, but about an inch a month or so
it was fast
Nik

feralnature
January 21st, 2010, 04:17 PM
I believe that I will be at waist summer of 2011. Comfortably at waist with a trim even. So over a year from where I am now at BSL.

rogue_psyche
January 21st, 2010, 05:40 PM
It took me six months without trims.

S&S
June 30th, 2019, 03:30 PM
Everyone is different, because the span between BSL and waist differs so much on individuals. It depends if you are short or tall, long-waisted or short-waisted.

From my years of watching peoples' progress here, I would say that it takes about a year on average to go from BSL to waist.

Agreed! I have a short torso... so even though I think my hair is pretty long, its not.