PDA

View Full Version : A few questions about MSM

TropicalBreeze
January 15th, 2010, 12:14 PM
When did you start to notice results and how much of a dosage do you take daily? Are the results really dramatic? I have been taking Biotin since August of last year with no real difference so I thought I would give MSM a try which I started a few weeks ago.

nicolezoie
January 15th, 2010, 12:20 PM
When did you start to notice results and how much of a dosage do you take daily? Are the results really dramatic? I have been taking Biotin since August of last year with no real difference so I thought I would give MSM a try which I started a few weeks ago.

When I was taking MSM, I didn't really notice much of an increase in growth, but what I did notice is a dramatic reduction in the amount of fallout I had. I was taking 3000 mg daily.

Biotin, on the other hand, taking 5000 mg, I did notice a jump in my growth (it kickstarted a growth cycle after a 6 month stall), but it also caused some fairly bad acne, which is a common side effect, so I stopped taking it.

By the way you can only MAXIMIZE your growth rate, you can't speed it up. Your hair will only grow as fast as it's genetically preprogrammed to grow. I've been tracking this for YEARS, and with or without vitimains and supplements, my hair grows more or less the same rate.

OleanderTime
January 15th, 2010, 12:58 PM
Hehe, I saw MSM and thought, "men who sleep with men". I study the sociology of gender and sexuality, and this is a term used in academic discourse, haha.

Merkaba
January 15th, 2010, 01:23 PM
I've been taking MSM for a few months now- about 2000mg a day. I have not noticed that I am growing faster, but the quality of the hair seems to have improved- softer, smoother, shinier, and less gray hairs. My nails look great though- strong, even edges, and very shiny. I think it is a good idea to take if you can find at a decent price. Remember to always take with Vitamin C and plenty of water for maximum effectiveness.

pelicano
January 15th, 2010, 01:30 PM
I so wish I could take MSM, but it gives me bad migraines. :(

Sprigs
January 15th, 2010, 01:51 PM
MSM has given me a lot of noticeable growth and a huge increase in babyhairs :D Im taking 950mg/day. It has also caused my nails to grow very fast, and my eyelashes have grown another layer of hairs and got even longer than they were prior to taking MSM supplements, its insane.

Bellona
January 15th, 2010, 03:06 PM
I take MSM. It's currently my only supplement besides a multivitamin. I used to take it with biotin and silica but I'm fairly certain the biotin was messing with my skin, and the silica worried me whether it was healthy or not (and upset my stomach). So, I'm left with MSM, and I do notice a jump in growth after a stall if I begin taking about 3000 mg/day, as I usually only take 1000 mg/day. It does keep your skin and nails nice, though! :)

redneckprincess
January 15th, 2010, 07:19 PM
I just started taking MSM...not sure of the dose? but I havent notices anything yet, I'm going to give it a couple more months before I can make a decision about it

TessieAnn
January 15th, 2010, 09:29 PM
MSM is a bio-organic form of sulfur. I didn't notice much difference in hair growth rate or thickness but definitely saw the above-mentioned strength and shine in my nails.

jojo
January 16th, 2010, 03:19 AM
I have been on msm for one month and normally grow 1/4" a month if that, I have recevied 1" this month and my hair is softer and feels thicker somehow. but I reccomend it.

They say changes in vitamin routines normally take 3 months to show though.

I take 3g (3000mg) msm with 3g glucosamie, 2 TBS DE and one iron with molasses a day.