PDA

View Full Version : Hair Growth Stalling?

WaitingSoLong
January 15th, 2010, 11:06 AM
I keep reading bits and pieces about hair growth stalling. What causes this? Are there certain lengths it seems to occur? Does it eventually start growing again? Any way to prevent it?

Dreams_in_Pink
January 15th, 2010, 11:47 AM
i heard it has something to do with the season. i also heard it definitely starts growing again. Since i don't measure my hair, i don't have an idea myself.

coscass
January 15th, 2010, 11:56 AM
Could it be the telogen phase of hair?

Dreams_in_Pink
January 15th, 2010, 12:00 PM
Could it be the telogen phase of hair?

whole head of hair entering telogen phase means going completely bald right after :D

jojo
January 16th, 2010, 04:19 AM
My hair grows better in winter and stalls the rest of the year, this is my natural cycle which i have observed for the last few years. Stress, bad diet, smoking and lack of exersize also contribute to stalls or slower growth.

WaitingSoLong
January 16th, 2010, 07:44 AM
Ok, thanks.

Just never heard of this and do not want it to happen to me. So then is terminal length because of breakage and natural hair shedding?

Rhiannon7
January 28th, 2010, 03:46 AM
My hair has stalled, stopped growing last May and i have not noticed much growth since. measured many times and with different people measuring and my hair seems to have grown .75 of an inch in 7 months! I did worry alot, even asked here if it was normal, was told that stalling was normal at some times of the year. and not to worry about it. it would start growing again soon. to try beningn neglect. I have not measured since Nov. but will measure tomorrow and see if my hair has grown at all since last measure.

Monsterkitti
January 28th, 2010, 04:20 AM
My hair will seemingly stall for a few months each year since Ive been paying attention. I dont really know why but it starts again eventually on its own. It is a bit frustrating but you have to wait it out really.

Terminal is the longest a hair will grow before shedding out and being replaced with a new hair. Depends on genetics really. You can get a false terminal from damage though.

FrannyG
January 28th, 2010, 05:11 AM
I rarely have stalls, even when my hair was several inches longer. My hair seems to grow at a fairly even rate all year around. Obviously everyone is different, though.

I'll be interested hear your new measurement, WaitingSoLong! I bet you'll be surprised. :)

Heidi_234
January 28th, 2010, 11:28 AM
Also remember that measurements are not most accurate themselves, so you might get a number bigger than it really is on one month and measure no growth at all on the next one.