PDA

View Full Version : My first braid!!

BrightEyes
January 15th, 2010, 10:57 AM
I don't think I can post a picture yet but..... I was getting so bored of the same old pony tail, so I decided to try to put my hair in a braid. I was suprised that it actually all went in! Now I have an itsy bitsy braid (it's only 1.5 inches long). But it's a braid nonetheless!!!! I haven't been able to wear a braid in almost 10 years. Yahoo!

I was so excited I had to share. Updos, here I come!!!!:cheese:

kimki
January 15th, 2010, 11:12 AM
Yay! Congratulations, your be doing updo's in no time now :D

bumblebums
January 15th, 2010, 11:17 AM
It's not the length, it's how you use it :) Congrats!

SpinDance
January 15th, 2010, 11:25 AM
Congrats! It's nice to have more options.

Ryanne
January 15th, 2010, 01:04 PM
Awesome! Good luck with other styles!

Pierre
January 15th, 2010, 03:23 PM
Welcome to LHC and congrats on your first braid! May I suggest a Dutch braid? It looks like a braid going all the way down your head, and the hairs that don't make it to the English braid will be secure in the Dutch.

FrannyG
January 15th, 2010, 03:36 PM
You're well and truly on your way to long hair now! Just imagine that braid a year from now! :cheese:

When you are able to post photos, please do post one of your braid. It will be great to look at during your future growth. :)

TheKnight'sLady
January 15th, 2010, 04:07 PM
Yay for you! Congrats :)

Gumball
January 15th, 2010, 04:22 PM
Congrats! If you host the photo elsewhere on the internet (like Photobucket) you can post it in a thread. I felt great the first time I could do a braid. Next is the possible curse of measuring growth by new braid bumps.

bunnii
January 15th, 2010, 04:24 PM
congrats :) It's a great feeling when you can do something new with your hair isn't it :)

Aquamarine
January 15th, 2010, 04:51 PM
Congratulations!:cheer: Happy styling!

BrightEyes
January 15th, 2010, 05:26 PM
Thanks everyone for your support and motivation! I tried to tell my DH how excited I was that I can actually braid my hair and he was like: "hmm.....uh...that's nice hon".

It's so wonderful that there are so many people who understand why I'm so thrilled that I can do my hair in a silly braid. These little milestones are awesome!

BrightEyes
January 15th, 2010, 05:28 PM
Welcome to LHC and congrats on your first braid! May I suggest a Dutch braid? It looks like a braid going all the way down your head, and the hairs that don't make it to the English braid will be secure in the Dutch.

Thanks for the advice. I'm not quite sure what a Dutch braid is. I'll have to do a search for it.

DanielleRenae
January 15th, 2010, 09:05 PM
You have to post a picture. Little braids are so cute. And I don't mean that in a condescending manner; they really are nice. :)