PDA

View Full Version : Almost all in there... (my pony nub)

terryn
January 15th, 2010, 12:08 AM
So, I wanted to share some progress with you guys!

The other day out of curiosity I decided to try and pull my hair back into a pony tail as I was getting out of the shower, and to my surprise found that I can actually get all but about 3in. from the front into it. So, perhaps as a victory type of thing, I have been wearing my hair like that for work.

Of course I decided you guys all needed to see a picture, lol. This is the first time I have been able to pull my hair into any kind of pony tail in two years, and last time it was only long enough to get it all back there for about a month, so it will last longer this time!

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=4694&pictureid=60263

From the front.
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=4694&pictureid=60264

Sorry about the dirty mirror, lol.

GoddesJourney
January 15th, 2010, 12:23 AM
That's great! It's all downhill from here. Once it goes back, you're happy. I don't know if you're handy with a needle and thread, but you can make perfect mini scrunchies with some silk and strong elastic from the craft store. Ponytail elastics tend to be damaging. I made some of these little scrunchies (I hate the big fluffy ones) around the holidays and I've been using them daily ever since. I wish I did this a year ago.

terryn
January 15th, 2010, 12:53 AM
I might try that, tho my sewing skills are absolute minimal. I happened to have these stored away, so I haven't really thought about alternatives yet, really. I will definitely see what I can do about that. Did you use a specific kind of elastic? I guess I just worry that with the silk, elastic wouldn't be strong enough to hold up my stubborn hair.

Elainehali
January 15th, 2010, 01:31 AM
Just sending a little encoragement. :D yay for the nub!

Qadupae
January 15th, 2010, 03:29 AM
Congrats! I'm still working on my nub ^_^ Good to have something to strive for!

freckles
January 15th, 2010, 03:57 AM
congratulations! :)

Carolyn
January 15th, 2010, 04:11 AM
Congratulations on the pony stub! It only gets better and better from here on. When I make scrunchies I use regular about 1/4" wide elastic. I think I bought a package that was about 3 yards.

Chrissy
January 15th, 2010, 05:20 AM
Great pony stub!! That is the first step to long hair in my humble opinion. When you can get it up and out of the way it's easier. Then you don't have to think about it as much. Very nice!!!

FrannyG
January 15th, 2010, 05:21 AM
That's so exciting!!! :happydance: You're really getting there!

Chamomile betty
January 15th, 2010, 06:10 AM
I think it looks great.
You can always pin up your side pieces with little pins.

Now you know you can pull your hair up.

ohiofritty
January 15th, 2010, 08:52 AM
Congrats! I'm working on a pony nub myself :D

JamieLeigh
January 15th, 2010, 09:08 AM
Awesome!! What a cute little pony. :D And if you want the rest to go back, you are still at the length where you can get away (better than I could, anyway) with using cute barettes and clips to pin it back towards your pony. Great job!! :cheese:

myrrhmaiden
January 15th, 2010, 09:10 AM
Yay! I remember hitting this milestone. You are on your way! Congrats. :)

kimki
January 15th, 2010, 09:17 AM
Congrats on your lovely pony nub :D :flower:

jojo
January 15th, 2010, 10:19 AM
Wonderful pony stub, mine was the exact same in Jan 07 by the christmas my hair was apl and I grow slow, so theres a little guide for you!

I can still remember the excitement of being able to put it up!

terryn
January 15th, 2010, 01:23 PM
Thanks for all the congrats and suggestions, guys! My hair is growing pretty fast, especially when I think about the fact that my hair was buzzed in August, so I feel like I am making some great progress!

I will keep the scrunchies in mind for sure, and the barrettes!

redneckprincess
January 15th, 2010, 07:30 PM
congrats, its a fantastic start, and it means there are more new styles on there way

jojo
January 16th, 2010, 01:43 AM
Thanks for all the congrats and suggestions, guys! My hair is growing pretty fast, especially when I think about the fact that my hair was buzzed in August, so I feel like I am making some great progress!

I will keep the scrunchies in mind for sure, and the barrettes!

your hair was buzzed in august, WOW! thats not excellent growth, its phenomenal im impressed!

PearlyCurly
January 16th, 2010, 01:50 AM
hmmm i cannot view the picture?? Is it my computer:confused:

2peasinapod
January 16th, 2010, 10:27 AM
hmmm i cannot view the picture?? Is it my computer:confused:
You can't view pictures hosted on LHC until you reach 25 posts.

OP, congratulations on your pony stub! It looks great! I just reached this milestone myself! Isn't it exciting? :D

enfys
January 16th, 2010, 11:21 AM
Hah! I still can't get all my hair in a low ponytail; it's always those face framing bits!

Your hair grows like a machine; I can't believe you can make a pony already. Congrats!