PDA

View Full Version : My hair feels...

Angela_Rose
January 14th, 2010, 10:06 PM
I'd like to know what you like about the way your hair feels.

I'm being nosy, I guess... but tonight I noticed that my washed-and-conditioned-this-morning-and-coconut-oiled-tonight pigtail braids feel like twisted silk sliding over my (currently) bare shoulders, arms, and back. It's such an interesting, sensual feeling. Neat!

SunshineHair
January 14th, 2010, 10:27 PM
My hair feels long....But not yet long enough, crazy huh!

SpeakingEZ
January 14th, 2010, 10:52 PM
My hair feels smooth and soft today. I stopped using keratin last night and did a deep condition, then CWC'ed this morning. The ends are still velcro, but most of the length just glides between my fingers.

Just a couple months ago, it only felt like this after I heat-straightened it. I have now been heat-free for over a month now! (It's a long time for me!)

sonng
January 14th, 2010, 10:56 PM
My hair feels silky smooth..
because I oiled my hair with coconut oil and rosemary before I washed my hair today.:cheese:

Loreley
January 15th, 2010, 12:50 AM
My hair feels very soft and silky. I CO washed it yesterday and oiled it when it was wet. I discovered the benefits of wet oiling only about a week ago, and it's brilliant! My hair looks much healthier. :joy:

Quixii
January 15th, 2010, 01:17 AM
My hair feels... soft and poofy. I feel like if it was straight, my "blind feel test" would leave me very pleased with what I was touching - soft, smooth, long hair. But because it's curly and currently rather frizzy, the hand goes "Ah, soft... eek, b-b-b-ump, um, these strands probably have a knot, ooh this part is soft too.." xD But generally nice feeling, I think.

Pear Martini
January 15th, 2010, 03:09 AM
My hair feels baby smooth because I just washed out a hot EVOO-Coconut Oil-VO5 mask.

Earlier today it felt crispy tho

Elphie
January 15th, 2010, 03:22 AM
My hair feels wet; I just finished washing it. Cold, too! Brrrr.....but usually, it feels moisturized and slippery.

Qadupae
January 15th, 2010, 04:01 AM
My hair felt like straw after washing it, but once it dried, it felt like 500 count cotton sheets ^_^ I know, weird description.

Dolly
January 15th, 2010, 05:19 AM
I am just happy when my hair feels like human hair! I spent so many years where it felt either like spider webs or cat hair! Actually, my cat's hair is more substantial than mine was! It had almost no texture......now, with shampoo bars, it has some "ooomph", and actually feels like HUMAN HAIR. Love it.....

Monsterkitti
January 15th, 2010, 05:26 AM
It feels very silky at the moment, got to love newly done henna :D

JamieLeigh
January 15th, 2010, 10:20 AM
Yesterday was wash day, so today it feels flyaway and frizzish...tomorrow it will feel soft and smooth enough to make today worth it. ;)

LaurelSpring
January 15th, 2010, 10:46 AM
Silky and sleek. My new fun thing to do is take my braid tail and tickle my baby grandaughter. She just giggles like crazy and makes the cutest faces. She can now grab hold of my braid so I am going to have to start putting it up. She loves to get a hold of it and yank.

I love how my hair feels when I have a good shampoo and conditioner situation. When I was using Burts Bees my hair just felt so fat and firm and sleek. I love that.

Of couse I love how my hair feels on my back and skin. That is just heavenly.

xoxophelia
January 15th, 2010, 10:57 AM
Yesterday was wash day, so today it feels flyaway and frizzish...tomorrow it will feel soft and smooth enough to make today worth it. ;)

I get the same thing too when I just leave my hair alone. The first day it has a bit of puff to it but then the second it is slowly becomes straight and slippery Oo....

Today my hair feels kind of like running my hand on ice.. except.. not cold?

jojo
January 15th, 2010, 11:11 AM
My hair at the moment feels awful because its so greasy, I like my hair best when its wet and I tip my head back and it tickles my hips, that makes me feel really long!

BranwenWolf
January 15th, 2010, 06:13 PM
Depends on where you feel it. I have these strands from the crown of my head that are always slick and shiny. The stuff closer to the nape of my neck is always wire-y no matter what I do, and the middle is...well, middle-of-the-road.

little_acorn
January 15th, 2010, 06:27 PM
Bumpy :D

I have a triple braid bun in :p

Speckla
January 15th, 2010, 06:30 PM
Dry and crunchy.

Fiferstone
January 15th, 2010, 06:32 PM
Currently, slick and oily, but not from coconut oiling. :eek: Tomorrow's definitely wash day. I love how much softer/silkier my hair now feels, given the stuff I've learned here and the changes I've made in the way I take care of it.

RoseRedDead
January 15th, 2010, 06:47 PM
Kind of rough. It's been in a braid, and my braids always go frizzy and poofy... Also, I think I need to clarify.

blueroses79
January 15th, 2010, 06:48 PM
Soft and fluffy from cassia last night. As always, silkiest underneath. :o

Twil
January 15th, 2010, 07:34 PM
it feels so dense and smooooth. I did a deep treament and haven't had frizzies in days, and it's soooooooo soft and smooth. *loves on* It's heavy, and thick, and it keeps on crawling onto people who sit behind me's desks but it's awesome

Teakafrog
January 15th, 2010, 08:04 PM
Smooth and bumpy. Wash day today, so the curls are in full boing.

Alcenaia
January 15th, 2010, 08:57 PM
My new fun thing to do is take my braid tail and tickle my baby grandaughter.

The city humane society brings the animals to campus for them to get out, play, and meet new people, and for us to enjoy some furry company. I usually end up holding a kitten, and if the kitten's feeling playful, they'll go after the end of my braid. :kitten: It's very fun. I haven't held a child that would do that though. I hope the yanking doesn't get bad. :p

At the moment, my hair feels damp and bunned, hehe.

jaine
January 15th, 2010, 09:00 PM
My hair feels kind of boingy today because I slept on it and didn't wet it yet.
Scalp feels a wee bit oily which is cool, because it's usually dry.

jaine
January 15th, 2010, 09:01 PM
Smooth and bumpy. Wash day today, so the curls are in full boing.

That is so weird we both used the same word to describe our hair! :) I promise I wasn't copying!

frangipani
January 16th, 2010, 01:01 AM
Hard - it's coated in hairspray , I went to a high tea today and have my hair in a formal upstyle :)

RocketDog
January 16th, 2010, 01:11 AM
Cold and oily, since I just spritzed it with water and applied a glob of coconut oil to the ends before doing my nightly braid.

Honey39
January 16th, 2010, 05:32 AM
I once went out with someone who was absolutely fascinated with my then hip length hair. He was forever touching it and putting his hands in it, and he said it was warm (from my back, I suppose), and he just loved playing with my hair.

When I touch my hair, I know what he means - it's definitely alive, rather than a wig, I think. It feels so soft and the temperature varies, sometimes warm, sometimes cool. I do find hair very sensuous.

Locksmith
January 16th, 2010, 06:24 AM
Mine is in a plait, and it feels like a rope of satin thread :D The ends are smooth and satin-soft too. I'm completely sold on poo bars, CO on length and citric acid rinse :D

Gothic Lolita
January 16th, 2010, 06:26 AM
Usually my hair feel soft, nice and precious. However, the last few days it feel coated and waxy and I can't find the reason why!

Locksmith
January 16th, 2010, 06:27 AM
Usually my hair feel soft, nice and precious. However, the last few days it feel coated and waxy and I can't find the reason why!

Could be buildup? I get that if I don't use an acid rinse. What's your routine?

Gothic Lolita
January 16th, 2010, 01:10 PM
Could be buildup? I get that if I don't use an acid rinse. What's your routine?

I wash with sulphate-free shampoo and then follow with a heavy conditioner. I thought that it was build-up and washed several times with sulphate shampoo. Didn't impress my hair at all, it still feels like this and somehow, I've whoel strands that won't dry andmore and are always oily. I'll try an ACV rinse my next wash (in two days) but I need to be careful, it tends to give me real bad flakies if I don't dilute it enough.

meowmeow
January 16th, 2010, 03:11 PM
My hair feels soft. When I'm wearing a short sleeved shirt, my hair feels like feathers on the back of my arms.

Copasetic
January 16th, 2010, 03:53 PM
My hair feels soft and smooth. It's not how I like it to feel; I prefer more texture.

Pixna
January 16th, 2010, 03:54 PM
My hair feels soft, fluffy, and wiry. It also feels lively and full of personality today.

Stormcast
January 16th, 2010, 04:17 PM
I was massaging my hair the other day, and I could feel the natural oils and every thing!! It felt exquisite! I just recently started washing every other day, so it's new for me!

eamane
January 16th, 2010, 04:28 PM
Really soft but almost a bit greasy, I think I´m in need of a wash...

Amara
January 16th, 2010, 04:29 PM
My hair feels heavy and wet and satiny. Just got done rinsing out a deep treatment. :)

JenniferNoel
January 16th, 2010, 05:00 PM
It feels a little like an extremely strong spider web when I comb my fingers through it, when I touch it on the top and slide my hand down it feels completely flat and smooth, like it's made of rubber, but when it blows in the wind it comes alive.

Kirzja
January 16th, 2010, 05:16 PM
Soft and silky :cheer:

Sammich
January 16th, 2010, 05:31 PM
Smooth, quite knotty, I so need to detangle! :D I hate no softness! I mean some parts feel as soft as I like... the other parts are justtt bleh. ._.

curlylocks85
January 16th, 2010, 08:20 PM
Right now, my hair feels very healthy and springy.

hmmm
January 16th, 2010, 11:44 PM
My hair feels covered in mud, because I'm doing a herb wash :D

Wicked Princess
January 17th, 2010, 06:24 AM
Coconut-oily! I'm washing my hair when I wake up tomorrow morning.

It also looks very shiny in its braid right now, heh!

frizzalot
January 17th, 2010, 07:44 AM
a bit dry, it has just had a clarifying wash.

Angela_Rose
January 18th, 2010, 08:11 AM
It's so neat to read everyone's descriptions. Today I'm feeling sort of... ropey? My hair has a bad habit of turning in on itself and winding up in tight tendrils. It's weird.

Stephichan
January 18th, 2010, 09:48 AM
Soft, somewhat silky, but also prickly at the ends.

eamane
January 18th, 2010, 11:42 PM
Slippery and soft

WavyGirl
January 19th, 2010, 12:23 AM
I got a new conditioner and shampoo combination worked out a couple of weeks ago. It's been feeling softer and silkier every time I wash it. Yippee! The downside is that my fastenings have started to slide out unexpectedly (never happened to me before) and it's got more fly-away on wash days. Think I may have to do a protein treatment or something.

Anyway DH keeps catching me just taking time out to stroke it and grin when I'm detangling because it feels sooo nice. :D

Qadupae
January 19th, 2010, 04:04 AM
My castile soap shampoo made it feel kind of waxy, but after drying, my hair feels pretty dang soft and fluffy, like it actually has life again ^_^ Even better, its not overly shiny from conditioner, which only makes my hair oily after a few hours.