PDA

View Full Version : I got a trim today

curlylocks85
January 14th, 2010, 02:39 PM
and it was awesome! I went in with my hair totally rockin' the curls and I told my hairdresser how I work with my hair now and how I have grown to appreciate and love my curls. I told her of my hair care routine products and oils
I use as well as not using shampoo anymore.

She was very receptive to everything. My hair was washed with conditoner only. When I told her I was growing my hair out and that I would continue coming in every three months for a trim, she said "For no more than 1/2 and inch or less right?" That made me so happy.

I expressed my desire for a soft U shape and she delivered. When I got home, I measured my hair to see how much I lost and it recorded at 19”. It must be from the supplements I have been taking. I started on Christmas, my hair measured at 18.5” at the beginning of this month, and she took off ½ an inch. I cannot wait to see how I measure for next month!

She also put in a Moroccan oil designed for curly hair and used a wide toothcomb to comb my hair after it was washed. She even set it aside especially for me when I come in for my appointments.

She told me that my hair was healthy and was in great condition. She said she is looking forward to it growing out and being able to work with it curly.

This was truly and awesome experience. I am so glad I chose this path; it is justly rewarding.

Isa-belle
January 14th, 2010, 02:41 PM
Your stylist sounds like a pearl!

...Pics? :drama: :p

Sara Smile
January 14th, 2010, 02:41 PM
What a good story! It's always good to hear about a good time at the salon. :)

spidermom
January 14th, 2010, 02:59 PM
I'm glad to hear things went well.

Pixna
January 14th, 2010, 03:48 PM
That's wonderful! I'm glad you had such a positive experience!