PDA

View Full Version : Flexi 8 users... up do help?

marikamt
January 13th, 2010, 05:52 PM
I just got my first order and already have my wish list......

I ordered an assortment of sizes, XS, M and Xlrge....

I have tried a half up (pony tail), and half up cinnamon bun and a full cinnamon bun.

What other style do you all do w/ your flexis?? I am thinking I should be more versatile w/ the Xlarge and the types of buns... I kinda seem to be stuck on cinnamon buns.......

Akiko
January 13th, 2010, 06:36 PM
I do Nautilus, infinity, french twist, etc., etc. Use the pin just like a hair stick.

Toothe
January 13th, 2010, 06:56 PM
I find mine works really well with a Celtic knot. The knot kind of seems to wrap around the flexi. It's a nice effect.

marikamt
January 13th, 2010, 07:09 PM
I guess I have to start practicing :lol: .........

Merewen
January 13th, 2010, 08:22 PM
I've been using my flexi-8 in a lazy wrap bun a lot recently.

HildeMV
January 13th, 2010, 09:50 PM
Buns, french twist, log roll, half up, twisting the sides like the picture in my avatar.

pepperminttea
January 14th, 2010, 01:36 AM
French twist was my favourite for a flexi-8. I couldn't get it to hold with sticks, but it worked beautifully with a flexi-8. :)

Pierre
January 14th, 2010, 04:05 PM
What I do most days is take a hunk of hair, twist it to form a bight, and put the Flexi so that it holds both plies of the hair. The end of the hunk is hanging behind my ear and is just long enough to reach my nose.

Sometimes I make a cinnabun and put the Flexi in radially, instead of diametrically. I do that with XSes in two buns or S in a single bun. If I have enough time to braid, I may braid the two sides and bun them together, or braid them, then merge the braids, and hold the ends on top of my head with the tiny Flexis.

intothemist1999
January 15th, 2010, 08:03 AM
French twist was my favourite for a flexi-8. I couldn't get it to hold with sticks, but it worked beautifully with a flexi-8. :)

Pepper, our hair is similar -- I was wondering which size worked best for you on a French Twist.

Thanks!

Gumball
January 15th, 2010, 10:47 AM
My flexi is my go-to toy for a braided bun. I'll definitely have to give it a whirl in a nautilus soon.

marikamt
January 15th, 2010, 10:54 AM
I think maybe my layers are limiting me...... I look at people who are approximately my length and they can do SO MANY more styles than me...... I think I need to let my layers catch up

MissManda
January 16th, 2010, 02:24 AM
I totally understand. I think the only reason that I can make a figure 8 bun with all of my hair is because of the taper my layers create. . . otherwise, I don't think I would be able to do it. I don't like how it turns out, though, because I have one big, fat side and one itty-bitty side of the 8. Hee hee. I cannot do a nautilus bun at all, and my braids are too short/fat to look nice in a braided bun. I have tried the French twist, but my hair is so slippery I don't know how to handle it.

So this is what I do. . .
X-Small for half-ups or as a braid ender
Small for half-ups (my avatar pic), ponytail (for when my hair is slippery, but it's a bit of a tight squeeze), or tails up (the taper)
Medium for ponytails (when my hair isn't slippery), half-up buns (1/3 of my hair), and tails-up
Large for my deformed figure 8 bun. . . I haven't found all of the uses for the Large yet since I JUST got it.
X-Large for cinnabun and probably nautilus bun when I can finally do it.