PDA

View Full Version : Hair typing / hair twin *Pic heavy*

halfbakedtulip
January 13th, 2010, 11:01 AM
Ok here it is the horror...washed , conditioned, dried and untouched. Yes its crazy...I know lol

My hair has been like this since I was young. It was straight then only became curly after the birth of my son...only on my canopy though :s

The last pic even shocked me in terms of how much hair I have :o

So anyone ever seen hair like mine?? and what is it exactly?
oh and yes I have about 3 diferent lengths of layers in there...one to jaw about, one to shoulder and then my final one.

http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt195/halfbakedtulip/DSCF2223re.jpghttp://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt195/halfbakedtulip/DSCF2222re.jpghttp://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt195/halfbakedtulip/DSCF2210re.jpg

melikai
January 13th, 2010, 11:44 AM
Hrm... we can't hairtype you if you have aloe gel in your hair! :p

ETA: also, if you honestly want suggestions, I would suggest you give your hair a nice deep treatment.

halfbakedtulip
January 13th, 2010, 11:47 AM
ok what do I do to make a good hairtyping pic then?

Ryanne
January 13th, 2010, 11:55 AM
ok what do I do to make a good hairtyping pic then? The picture should show dry hair, no touching, and no product (gel, left conditioner or the likes). Not everyone follows those rules, though.

spidermom
January 13th, 2010, 11:58 AM
I'd always comb conditioner through my hair, rinse, press the water out between my palms, then let it dry with as little touching as I could manage after that. I didn't want tangles to confuse the hair-typing issue.

halfbakedtulip
January 13th, 2010, 11:59 AM
Hrm... we can't hairtype you if you have aloe gel in your hair! :p

ETA: also, if you honestly want suggestions, I would suggest you give your hair a nice deep treatment.

I actually do smt's heavy oiling and coconut milk treatments at least 3 x a week (i alternate smt's and coconut) my hair has had this texture, dry, frizzy craziness since I was a child...only it was straight then

halfbakedtulip
January 13th, 2010, 01:32 PM
ok untouched hair that has been washed, conditioned and airdried have been added :)

BlndeInDisguise
January 13th, 2010, 02:01 PM
Is there any chance it could be a mild case of spun glass hair?

I think it's gorgeous, whatever type it may be!

Dreams_in_Pink
January 13th, 2010, 02:08 PM
http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt195/halfbakedtulip/DSCF2210re.jpg

I share your pain there. I have exactly the same hair right after wash. I guess (and hope) that's just old heat/chemical damage.

EDIT: i'm not an expert at typing, but i can tell yours is way curlier than mine.

halfbakedtulip
January 13th, 2010, 02:09 PM

Ive never heard of that?!!! off to google!:p

and thank you!...I never expected a compliment!!!

klcqtee
January 13th, 2010, 02:18 PM

What is spun glass hair?

Dreams_in_Pink
January 13th, 2010, 02:20 PM
What is spun glass hair?

i wonder too :D it could be a compliment for us with fri-...err, unruly hair :D

BlndeInDisguise
January 13th, 2010, 02:24 PM
Ive never heard of that?!!! off to google!:p

and thank you!...I never expected a compliment!!!

It doesn't look dry to me, but the more I read about spun glass hair, it doesn't sound quite like yours. Yours looks thick, whereas people with spun glass hair have a lot of breakage and stuff. It also doesn't work to straighten their hair.

You're quite welcome! It's very unusual, but I like it! :flower:

What is spun glass hair?

Here's an article about it: http://www.buzzle.com/articles/uncombable-hair-syndrome.html

You can also Google it to learn more. :)

halfbakedtulip
January 13th, 2010, 02:30 PM
i wonder too :D it could be a compliment for us with fri-...err, unruly hair :D

Here are some links...the second has pics. I do have some of these things...I shed like crazy...like I mean handfuls of hair in the shower all around the house, and I can pull my own hair out easily. But...Ive never had thin hair a day in my life and my hair was always pin straight till I had my son. I do remember though my mom cut my hair when I was about 6 or 7 because she just couldnt deal with trying to brush my hair, It was always in knots and I would cry.

In terms of damage Dreams in Pink...I have cut and cut and cut my hair over the years thinking the same thing...but even when it was 2 inches,,,yes Im crazy lol it did the same thing :s But that may be the case with you! Im hoping as it gets longer it will somehow get weighted down:p

http://www.keratin.com/ag/ag016.shtml

http://images.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=http://thebeautybrains.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/uncomb-hair.jpg&imgrefurl=http://thebeautybrains.com/2007/04/03/unbelievably-uncombable-hair/&usg=__AooBPUJ7iS6sEhJVSl5OThJS5-I=&h=540&w=405&sz=40&hl=en&start=2&sig2=BRJtd0PTIdzQ_dQLGMZsig&um=1&tbnid=DEeI_piMKrI3hM:&tbnh=132&tbnw=99&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dspun%2Bglass%2Bhair%2Bsyndrome%26ndsp %3D21%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26rlz%3D1R2GGLL_enCA3 33%26sa%3DN%26um%3D1&ei=xjlOS-7JKojetAOwlbXYBw

halfbakedtulip
January 13th, 2010, 02:37 PM
It doesn't look dry to me, but the more I read about spun glass hair, it doesn't sound quite like yours. Yours looks thick, whereas people with spun glass hair have a lot of breakage and stuff. It also doesn't work to straighten their hair.

You're quite welcome! It's very unusual, but I like it! :flower: :)

I think it looks dry (compared to everyone else on here :p) but I have moisturized, proteined and everything else I could think of :s If I do a tight bun or braid or pony I can tame it as it dries and it doesnt look as crazy as this. When it is straightened it looks "normal" but I try to stay away from that. People have told me in the past it looks like a lions mane lol while my mother said it is horse hair sigh lol

OhioLisa
January 13th, 2010, 02:45 PM
Not much to add here, but I am thinking you're overdoing the protein. I would seriously cut down on that.

halfbakedtulip
January 13th, 2010, 02:49 PM
Not much to add here, but I am thinking you're overdoing the protein. I would seriously cut down on that.

I only did it a couple times and that was a wee bit ago...I have used egg yolks more recently but only on my roots!!

xoxophelia
January 13th, 2010, 02:50 PM
I knew a girl who had hair somewhat similar to yourself but it had very little to no texture. It was just very puffy. Even when she straightened it, it didn't look like "standard" hair.

If you are doing lots of intensive treatments then they aren't going to change your hair any more than they already have. This may be "wrong" to say, but if you want to change the look of your hair you might try a perm or relaxing treatment. Sure, it damages, but if you have a kid and need to save time, it might just make your hair look better in less time.

From your hair type though, it looks like you are a 3 something because you have some spiral curls in there.

Verybadhairday
January 13th, 2010, 02:51 PM
You have very similar hair to me..I struggle with it! CO seems to be helping mine tame down/become more hydrated at the moment

halfbakedtulip
January 13th, 2010, 02:53 PM
I knew a girl who had hair somewhat similar to yourself but it had very little to no texture. It was just very puffy. Even when she straightened it, it didn't look like "standard" hair.

If you are doing lots of intensive treatments then they aren't going to change your hair any more than they already have. This may be "wrong" to say, but if you want to change the look of your hair you might try a perm or relaxing treatment. Sure, it damages, but if you have a kid and need to save time, it might just make your hair look better in less time.

From your hair type though, it looks like you are a 3 something because you have some spiral curls in there.

You know its funny for years I have pondered doing a perm on the bottom of my hair so that it will look like the top or even all over so it will just be even :hmm:

ETA: My son is 18 this year :D

halfbakedtulip
January 13th, 2010, 02:56 PM
You have very similar hair to me..I struggle with it! CO seems to be helping mine tame down/become more hydrated at the moment

I remember when my gf's and I would go out and they would always ask why it took so long to do my hair...like seriously look at it ofcourse it takes forever lol

spidermom
January 13th, 2010, 03:01 PM
I think I'd leave your type at about 2C. It looks like you would benefit from a curl creme and twirling strands around your fingers as it dries to define the curl.

My hair is a mixture of straight and curly, too, also fine, medium, and coarse - so I know what it's like to live with a crazy, mixed-up head of hair. I most often encourage the curl the day I wash it, then braid for braid-waves.

halfbakedtulip
January 13th, 2010, 03:05 PM
I think I'd leave your type at about 2C. It looks like you would benefit from a curl creme and twirling strands around your fingers as it dries to define the curl.

My hair is a mixture of straight and curly, too, also fine, medium, and coarse - so I know what it's like to live with a crazy, mixed-up head of hair. I most often encourage the curl the day I wash it, then braid for braid-waves.

any suggestions on a curl cream? I tried something years ago ...didnt do anything but odds are I just scrunched it a bit :p

Dreams_in_Pink
January 13th, 2010, 03:36 PM
In terms of damage Dreams in Pink...I have cut and cut and cut my hair over the years thinking the same thing...but even when it was 2 inches,,,yes Im crazy lol it did the same thing :s But that may be the case with you! Im hoping as it gets longer it will somehow get weighted down:p

I found out that it's not flat-ironing once or twice that causes hair damage; it's more the things you do regularly. Like SLS shampooing, drying with high heat setting, rubbing towel against your hair vigorously, exposure to sun, brushing a lot, even your pillowcase might be the source of problem! these don't ruin your locks instantly, but in time, it will make you think your hair's "naturally" frizzy. I suggest noting down everything you do to your hair, absolutely everything, and then compare that list to what people here suggest.

I've done that comparison, and now my hair's far more manageable, as can be seen in my siggy :)

halfbakedtulip
January 13th, 2010, 03:39 PM
I found out that it's not flat-ironing once or twice that causes hair damage; it's more the things you do regularly. Like SLS shampooing, drying with high heat setting, rubbing towel against your hair vigorously, exposure to sun, brushing a lot, even your pillowcase might be the source of problem! these don't ruin your locks instantly, but in time, it will make you think your hair's "naturally" frizzy. I suggest noting down everything you do to your hair, absolutely everything, and then compare that list to what people here suggest.

I've done that comparison, and now my hair's far more manageable, as can be seen in my siggy :)

The scary part is so is mine :P At this point the only thing I am guilty of is my cotton pillowcase and my elastics. I have silk just sitting here and I keep saying Im going to make a pillowcase and nightcap:rolleyes:

spidermom
January 13th, 2010, 04:10 PM
any suggestions on a curl cream? I tried something years ago ...didnt do anything but odds are I just scrunched it a bit :p

There's one by Alterna that I liked. I should get some more.

halfbakedtulip
January 13th, 2010, 04:57 PM
There's one by Alterna that I liked. I should get some more.

Thank you so much..I will check that out :)

I have to ask as it's making me crazy...what is your avatar? I think its a pink snow bunny maybe? probably not?!

Sweetness
January 13th, 2010, 05:27 PM
Interesting hair :p

First impression ;

- The layers don't help at all (I think) if you wan't less "frizz" and those small hair everywhere.
- Maybe you wash too much ? once a week would be better ? Doesn't it calm down a little after 2-3 days without washing or treatments ?

it does look shiny ! If I were you, I would try regular trims at the ends, let the top layer catch the longer one, let it grow longer which will weight it down, still keeping up with some end trimming during that, and wash less with more natural products and try no proteins for a couple months (?). Oh, and scalp massages with tip of fingers instead of eggs (:

ps. is the color 100 % natural ? how did you dry it ? just left it to dry in the open air without shaking your head or anything such as this ? Ever tried ploping ? What products do you use ? Do you brush it or comb ? Plastic or natural brush/comb ?

halfbakedtulip
January 13th, 2010, 06:46 PM
Interesting hair :p

First impression ;

- The layers don't help at all (I think) if you wan't less "frizz" and those small hair everywhere.
- Maybe you wash too much ? once a week would be better ? Doesn't it calm down a little after 2-3 days without washing or treatments ?

it does look shiny ! If I were you, I would try regular trims at the ends, let the top layer catch the longer one, let it grow longer which will weight it down, still keeping up with some end trimming during that, and wash less with more natural products and try no proteins for a couple months (?). Oh, and scalp massages with tip of fingers instead of eggs (:

ps. is the color 100 % natural ? how did you dry it ? just left it to dry in the open air without shaking your head or anything such as this ? Ever tried ploping ? What products do you use ? Do you brush it or comb ? Plastic or natural brush/comb ?

I hate my layers...they really help to "poof" up my hair :s When they were put in they were great though...my hair was alot shorter then.

Weirdly enough I actually wash more now than I used to. I used to wash about once a week sometimes twice. What I hae found is that my sebum tends to get pretty thick on my scalp if I wait that long. Never really took notice before I came to LHC.

What I try to do now is wash twice(per week so like Mon-Sat) and CO once in the middle of the week(WED). My hair is actually growing now as opposed to not really moving much in 5 years before. I use Jason shampoo and Suave coconut condish. Followed by ACV rinses (my hair loves them!) I tried CO only but my hair really exploded then and the frizz oh my the frizz. I put coconut oil in and braid, bun or pony

I am going to try SnD's only untill I am at waist...I think :p I just cut off 3 inches a month ago and really it took me so long to get there that I dont want to be in this horrid stage for the next year. We'll see how it goes I guess.

The eggs are a new thing I was trying for the sulpher...yolks only. They dont seem to be doing anything good or bad so I doubt Ill be continuing them.

I have been using MTG at least once a week the night before a wash day. I have a ton of oils and EO's so when I remember I mix up something and do a massage. I always forget to do massages :(

My hair is henna :) One of the first things I tried when I joined a year ago. I have a love hate thing going with it :p

I haven't used a brush in over a year now...my hair was getting too thick. I use a scunnci wide toothed comb that I filed the seams down on. I do have coming in the mail a bone come and a BBB brush...gonna see if that will help get some of the oils on my scalp into my actual hair. My hair has always been dry no matter how long I have left it without a wash :(

That pic is just wash with Jason, condish with Suave ...then gently "milking" the water out of my hair. Towel around my shoulders to catch water and I sat my butt at the computer till it was dry...also talked on phone and watched tv :P

Yes I have plopped but all it does is make my curls fantastic and my straight,,,still straight :( but more noticable because of the fabulous curls up top lol

spidermom
January 13th, 2010, 06:49 PM
What? You don't know a pink unicorn when you see one? See the horn?

halfbakedtulip
January 13th, 2010, 06:52 PM

LOL :p I see it now :o

melikai
January 14th, 2010, 04:39 AM
Thanks for the updated photos. :)

I think that your hair texture might change as you grow it out, but it seems to be somewhere around 2C/3A right now.

Chrissy
January 14th, 2010, 04:47 AM
I wonder if anything in the curly girl handbook would help. I am of no help as I have the opposite hair of you. Straight and lifeless. :) I wish you the best as you conquer your hair! :)

maskedrose
January 14th, 2010, 04:58 AM
A lot of people have drastically different textures between canopy and underlayer, its just not as obvious because the hair is all one length. If you don't wear your hair down much, then I think you're probably fine growing to waist and then maintaining until the layers catch up. It will probably look much more "normal" at that point. I think the profusion of layers just enhances the lion's mane effect. However, if you like to wear it down, I would maintain here until the curly layers catch up with the others, but that is just my preference.

I have a patch of hair that looks similiar in texture to yours and the only thing that has helps tame it and make it more unified with the rest of my hair is Sally's generic version of Biolage Conditioning Balm. The stuff is heaven. I CWC now, with VO5 or Suave (no protein - Suave tropical coconut has protein, fyi) as first conditioner, and organic jojoba shampoo, then the generic biologe. I also use a small amount (pea size) of the biolage as a leave in, although I bet you could get away with using more (bean size). CO by itself isn't moisturizing enough for my hair - if I CO I have to follow up the "washing" conditioner with a heavier one.

Hope that helps! :)

GlassEyes
January 14th, 2010, 05:06 AM
I recommend you try CO and look into gel. Also, maybe a post in the Curly and Wurly thread might help.:cheese:

Also, ******** on the first page of 'hairtyping rules'. They really differ for people with curly hair, because often times, without product, the frizz takes a form of it's own, which can obscure true hairtype: for example, I'm a 3b--my frizzy, shampooed and conditioned hair, with the frizz factor, could pass as a really ugly 2c.

But yeah, CO, if you're using cones right now, I'd stop--if you aren't, and you have in the past with good results, maybe go back to them. Experimentation is key.

If I had to guess, I'd say you're anywhere in the 2c-3b range. It's kind of hard to guess for sure, but your roots make me think 2b, because they look like mine. :shrug: My guess is you're at least a 3a.

Arctic
January 14th, 2010, 05:41 AM
My hair has some same characteristics as yours. I also have 2 different textures, some parts are about 1b (canopy and front) and some parts about 2b (underside and back) and everything between :) My hair has also started to become coarser and wiryer in the recent years (I have F/M/C hair lol).

I learned the bad way last year that my hair doesn't like proteins. I never even used protein treatments per se, just plain old S+C that had some protein. My hair was dry, rough, increasingly coarse and wiry and felt just horrible and "wrong" to me. It eventually started breaking off (a lot). I decreased the proteins and while it helped a little it wasn't enough. I had to give up ALL protein-y products and moisturize constantly and diligently for a long time before it started to feel it was getting better and the breakage stopped.

Another relevation for me at the end of last year was that our water has a huge effect on our hair. I learned I have quite alkali water (making my hair's cuticle wide open and porous), and while it is soft, it contains some minerals (or some other mysterious ingredients) that had built up in my hair making it horrible. I learned an ascorbic acid (vitamin C) rinses removed this mineral (?) buildup and gave back my soft hair. It was like a miracle for me and I was able to fell in love with my hair again :inlove:

The ascorbic acid rinses and no-protein hairproducts have helped my hairs texture, feel, behaviour and looks so much I highly recommend you try them too! I assume a great chelating shampoo should also do the same thing ascorbic acid does. Oh I forgot to say that after ascorbic acid rinse, my hair's cuticles were tightly closed and my hairs were very smooth and nice: it closed the cuticles so much better than any cold water rinse or vinegar rinse ever did!

I'm with very limited online time now and might not be here to answer any questions but I have wrote down in detail all my experiments and experiencies with ascorbic acid in my LHC blog.

Other than these tips, I suggest you to moisturize more often as your hair looks dry, and also try some curly hair tricks :)

ETA: I would also trim the hemline a bit more and decide if I want to keep the layers or not. If you want to keep the layers, maybe getting them refreshed a bit? Also why wait to start S&D until you ar at waist? It make a big difference in the look and feel of the hair!

halfbakedtulip
January 14th, 2010, 08:31 AM
A lot of people have drastically different textures between canopy and underlayer, its just not as obvious because the hair is all one length. If you don't wear your hair down much, then I think you're probably fine growing to waist and then maintaining until the layers catch up. It will probably look much more "normal" at that point. I think the profusion of layers just enhances the lion's mane effect. However, if you like to wear it down, I would maintain here until the curly layers catch up with the others, but that is just my preference.

I have a patch of hair that looks similiar in texture to yours and the only thing that has helps tame it and make it more unified with the rest of my hair is Sally's generic version of Biolage Conditioning Balm. The stuff is heaven. I CWC now, with VO5 or Suave (no protein - Suave tropical coconut has protein, fyi) as first conditioner, and organic jojoba shampoo, then the generic biologe. I also use a small amount (pea size) of the biolage as a leave in, although I bet you could get away with using more (bean size). CO by itself isn't moisturizing enough for my hair - if I CO I have to follow up the "washing" conditioner with a heavier one.

Hope that helps! :)

OMG :eek: As if the the coconut has proteins!! Im always so careful grrrr I had a whole assortment but stuck with the coconut because I really liked the smell...and it kind of still came through a bit after the ACV washes. Well that will be tossed!!!

I hear alot of people talk about the generic biolage. I dont have a sallys near me...theres one thats about a 3.5 hr dive or so away...and they wont do shipping to Canada. Ebay doesnt have any :( Do you think just the actual matrix biolage would be the same? Or perhaps would Sallys have aadded something different hmmm off to compare!

halfbakedtulip
January 14th, 2010, 08:36 AM
Another relevation for me at the end of last year was that our water has a huge effect on our hair. I learned I have quite alkali water (making my hair's cuticle wide open and porous), and while it is soft, it contains some minerals (or some other mysterious ingredients) that had built up in my hair making it horrible. I learned an ascorbic acid (vitamin C) rinses removed this mineral (?) buildup and gave back my soft hair. It was like a miracle for me and I was able to fell in love with my hair again :inlove:

The ascorbic acid rinses and no-protein hairproducts have helped my hairs texture, feel, behaviour and looks so much I highly recommend you try them too! I assume a great chelating shampoo should also do the same thing ascorbic acid does. Oh I forgot to say that after ascorbic acid rinse, my hair's cuticles were tightly closed and my hairs were very smooth and nice: it closed the cuticles so much better than any cold water rinse or vinegar rinse ever did!

I'm with very limited online time now and might not be here to answer any questions but I have wrote down in detail all my experiments and experiencies with ascorbic acid in my LHC blog.

Other than these tips, I suggest you to moisturize more often as your hair looks dry, and also try some curly hair tricks :)

ETA: I would also trim the hemline a bit more and decide if I want to keep the layers or not. If you want to keep the layers, maybe getting them refreshed a bit? Also why wait to start S&D until you ar at waist? It make a big difference in the look and feel of the hair!

I will have a look...I have always done ACV rinses(my hair loves them) but never ascorbic acid Thank you

Im not sure if you read it wrong or I wrote it wrong ? but what I was trying to say was I wanted to S&D ONLY until I reached waist. Then start trimming to get the layers out.

In terms of the water...I have no idea if thats doing anything or not. I travel around quite a bit and have never really noticed a difference. We also moved to the other side of the country this year. If there is any difference its minimal enough that I dont notice. I was looking at filtered shower heads Im not sure what happened there...lol but we got a new one and it isnt filtered ( we just redid the bathroom)

halfbakedtulip
January 14th, 2010, 08:45 AM
I wonder if anything in the curly girl handbook would help. I am of no help as I have the opposite hair of you. Straight and lifeless. :) I wish you the best as you conquer your hair! :)

You know its funny I said for years that I wished my hair was flatter, straighter and thinner. When I look back (at my teen years especially) Im glad I dont or I wouldnt have any hair left lol. My hair went through every colour of the rainbow and I even shaved it all off once. Mainly I bleached it like crazy...I had to pink and purple didnt come out so easily ! Thankfully I stopped all that years ago ;)

Looking at my pics though Im kinda wishing again my hair wasnt quite the beast it is. :o

halfbakedtulip
January 14th, 2010, 08:47 AM
On a side note: I was shocked when I saw my behind pic yesterday. I must do a good job taming it with my buns and braids because when my husband saw it last night he was really shocked too :p Poor man I talked hair all evening long...even after I saw him glaze over:D

piratejenny23
January 14th, 2010, 09:51 AM

aaaaagh! why doesn't it have any ears???!!!???
:run:

halfbakedtulip
January 14th, 2010, 10:45 AM
I realized what a can of worms that was asking about wether biolage and sallys formulation was the same after doing a little searching :eek:

So with Sallys ingredients in tow I went and found the same one in the matrix without the chelating stuff etc...

You know it just p*sses me off that Biolage stuff is in every single store here yet none of them carry V05 or Suave. We have one grocery store that carries Suave and thats it. grrrr

So I got 2 of the biolage and 2 of the strawberry Suave ...the coconut is in the garbage! I guess the cocnut is one I never checked...I just looked at the back of a couple and figured they were all pretty much the same. A mistake I wont make again. At that point I was just happy to find something without cones here:rolleyes:

mugglemomof3
January 14th, 2010, 10:48 AM
I have the crazed hair too: a little of this, a little of that with a horrible mind of it's own (and it likes to be dry). My only suggestion is only if you like cones: By accident I found out that if I spritz my wet hair with Silk Elements Mega Silk Heat Protection Spray and let it air dry, I can get the prettiest and tamest waves. My daughter said that as a heat-protectant, this item "sucks" but I'm so glad she gave it to me! It's been like a miracle product when I want my hair to look "non-dry", (for lack of a better word).

Here's a link to Sally's (where we bought ours)
http://www.sallybeauty.com/heat-protection-spray/SBS-373269,default,pd.html?cgid=Hair04-15

I can't wait to try Arctic's suggestion of the ascorbic acid!

halfbakedtulip
January 14th, 2010, 11:14 AM
I have the crazed hair too: a little of this, a little of that with a horrible mind of it's own (and it likes to be dry). My only suggestion is only if you like cones: By accident I found out that if I spritz my wet hair with Silk Elements Mega Silk Heat Protection Spray and let it air dry, I can get the prettiest and tamest waves. My daughter said that as a heat-protectant, this item "sucks" but I'm so glad she gave it to me! It's been like a miracle product when I want my hair to look "non-dry", (for lack of a better word).

Here's a link to Sally's (where we bought ours)
http://www.sallybeauty.com/heat-protection-spray/SBS-373269,default,pd.html?cgid=Hair04-15

I can't wait to try Arctic's suggestion of the ascorbic acid!

I used to use cones and then stopped when I went more natural. I can t say that my hair liked or didnt like them. There hasnt been any dramatic change.

I do still have a bottle of Silk therapy. On the rare occasion that I straighten my hair I use that....old habits lol

spidermom
January 14th, 2010, 11:23 AM
aaaaagh! why doesn't it have any ears???!!!???
:run:

It's mad. They're flattened to its head.

halfbakedtulip
January 14th, 2010, 11:40 AM
It's mad. They're flattened to its head.

I know Im going to kick myself but umm why is it mad? lol

maskedrose
January 14th, 2010, 01:05 PM
Good luck with the biolage and new suave! Play around with the amount you leave in - I also mix some coconut oil in with the biolage sometimes for the leave in.

spidermom
January 14th, 2010, 01:06 PM
I know Im going to kick myself but umm why is it mad? lol

Because I forgot to give it ears.

melikai
January 14th, 2010, 01:14 PM

:rolling: .....

halfbakedtulip
January 14th, 2010, 01:35 PM

LOL I was thinking I was going to get a story teehee

On a side note today is a happy happy day! I got the biolage. Did a stripping first with my neutrogena shampoo to got any remnants of the coconut crap out and am currently awaiting my hair to dry. The Biolage feels amazing in there!! Just got my mail and my new shears, shea butter and latest henna order are in! oh happy hair week :)

spidermom
January 14th, 2010, 01:36 PM
Hooray for happy hair week!

treesandcoffee
January 14th, 2010, 02:12 PM
Just wanted to add and say there is nothing wrong with your hair. It looks like curly hair w/o product.

I know you have a lot of suggestions to work with. I second coconut oil and protein free DTs and leave ins. But I just wanted to add that if nearly any curly let their hair dry without any kind of moisture, this is how it would look.