PDA

View Full Version : 3 year LHC anniversary. Photos and words of appreciation

DavidN
January 13th, 2010, 08:25 AM
I cannot believe that it has been 3 full years since I have joined the LHC. Does time really pass that quickly? I would like to express my heartfelt thank you to the wonderful people who have made me feel a welcome member of this community, and have supported me throughout the years. There are some truly amazing people here, and I am honoured by their friendship, and just getting to know them a little better.:blossom: I almost feel that the LHC is a "home away from home".

I do have a few photos to share with you today. My hair does grow very slowly, possibly 3 inches a year or so, and there is also the possibility that I am fairly close to terminal length. I would be delighted to have waist length hair some day, but I would require about 6 more inches of growth to achieve that, due to the fact that I have a fairly long torso. My last measurement, after Tammy gave me a trim in December, was 29.5 inches.

My hair also varies drastically in straightness depending on the weather. With dry, cold, weather, my hair could pass for a 1c, but when the weather is humid and warm in the summer, I have enough curls to be a 2c.

Here is my latest front photo, and due to dry and cold weather, it is straighter than usual.

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q97/DavidN_04/jan2010front.jpg

Here is a photo from the side/back. I am pleased that it is healthier than when I joined the LHC, but I wish that it would grow faster!

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q97/DavidN_04/jan2010sideback-1.jpg

I have included this photo of my hair, when I joined the LHC three years ago. This was just before I grew a beard, and I also had a side part back then.

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q97/DavidN_04/front070110b-1.jpg

Once again, my friends, thank you for your support and friendship, and I hope to be here for many more years!

spidermom
January 13th, 2010, 08:35 AM
I remember that pre-beard picture! The time really has flown by; it's like that when you're hanging out with good friends.

Masara
January 13th, 2010, 08:37 AM
Happy anniversary David :cheer:

Your hair has grown well and is looking really healthy.

Here's to many more years of growing:)

Akiko
January 13th, 2010, 09:12 AM
Happy Anniversary! I always like the silver streak in your sig.

Carolyn
January 13th, 2010, 09:22 AM
Happy LHC Anniversary, David! I think your hair looks great. Don't give up on getting to waist.

melrose1985
January 13th, 2010, 09:26 AM
Congrats! Your hair is looking so great!

Tangerine
January 13th, 2010, 09:35 AM
Happy anniversary David! :blossom:
I love your hair colour, both in the picture from 3 years ago, and how it has developed since.
Here's hoping you get to waist :)
:flower:

kelly-j
January 13th, 2010, 09:41 AM
Happy Anniversary David:blossom:. Time really flies, doesn´t it?

TheCatSaidQuack
January 13th, 2010, 09:54 AM
happy anniversary! I'd say you've come a long way...and it looks amazing! My husband wishes he has hair like yours, but doesn't have the patience ;-/. So great job at hanging in there!

Merkaba
January 13th, 2010, 10:02 AM
Happy Anniversary! It looks sooo smooth in the back...also diggin the beard and mustache :)

GoddesJourney
January 13th, 2010, 10:19 AM
The facial hair really suits you. By the way, that waist length will come. Give it time. Another couple of years will fly by and you will have the length you covet. Enjoy every step of the way and take lots of pictures to prove to yourself that it's getting longer.

Pixna
January 13th, 2010, 10:19 AM
Congratulations, and happy anniversary, David!!! Your hair is looking GREAT ... and LONG!!! You really do rock the beard and mustache. In your "old" pic, you aren't smiling. You look so much more handsome with a happy face to go with your beautiful long hair. :bluebiggr

JamieLeigh
January 13th, 2010, 10:23 AM
Happy anniversary David!! It's been awesome getting to know you and I couldn't imagine this place without you! :flowers:

Pixna
January 13th, 2010, 10:24 AM
Happy anniversary David!! It's been awesome getting to know you and I couldn't imagine this place without you! :flowers:

Ditto, ditto, ditto!!!!! :gabigrin:

Unofficial_Rose
January 13th, 2010, 10:26 AM
Happy anniversary lovely David!

Great colour and condition. :)

linda g
January 13th, 2010, 10:27 AM
Happy Anniversary, David :)

DavidN
January 13th, 2010, 10:30 AM
Thank you, my friends, and I am touched by your words of support and kindness!:blossom:

Rather than attempting to thank you individually in this thread, I will visit your profile pages and thank you individually there.

jel
January 13th, 2010, 10:34 AM
Happy LHC-versary, David! :D

Your hair has grown indeed, can't even fit into the picture! ;)

It looks in great condition, and I also think that you'll get to waist before you know it! Just don't trim all of the growth off...:p

Medievalmaniac
January 13th, 2010, 10:36 AM
Congrads on your milestone ofthree years!! Also, I think your hair looks great. Also, I'm glad you are parting it slightly more to the center, which looks sooo much nicer. :)

Little_Bird
January 13th, 2010, 10:49 AM
Hey David, happy aniversary!

You're right that time flies here... it's because we're all having fun :p Your hair has grew so much longer... I remember when I first saw one of your posts on the MLHH and you were worried your hair wouldn't grow much longer... but it did :)

Congratulations, and here's to many more lenght to you! And may we all see it :D

Thank's for sharing!

pinchbeck
Hi David, Even though I have been on here since Nov. 2009 and am fairly new, you were the first one to welcome me! I just noticed you have a knack for writing...do you write in your spare time?

As others have said your hair is looking great and it is good to hear that you are taking care of it. I believe we should be happy where we are at with our hair length as so many members are not and are wanting to achieve more with risking their health by taking snake oil. I have learned to be happy with each stage my hair reaches and hope that you will be too with your hair.

birthmarkie
Your hair has gotten pretty long! :bigeyes: It's also looking shiny, straight, and very healthy and happy. Congratulations!!! :joy:

Wishing you sunny days ahead! :sun:

P.S. I am also at 29.5 now, so we are sort of hair twins :)

Gumball
January 13th, 2010, 10:55 AM
Awesome, David! Happy 3 year anniversary! Now to three more and let's hope twice that in inches! :D

redneckprincess
January 13th, 2010, 11:19 AM
happy anniversary!!

melikai
January 13th, 2010, 11:20 AM
Happy Anniversary!

Your hair looks very healthy and soft, and is definitely growing well! I like the beard too! :D

Thank-you for sharing your stories and happiness with Tammy, and for being so endlessly supportive and encouraging for so many people here. :blossom:

Tryst
January 13th, 2010, 11:26 AM
Happy 3-year Anniversary, David :)

You’re an inspiration for anyone whose hair grows at a more modest rate - - just stick with it and all of that patience and care does pay off.

Your hair looks so shiny, healthy and smooth -- Congrats on the growth!

Angela_Rose
January 13th, 2010, 11:28 AM
David_N you look great. Three years flies by, huh? I'll be hitting my three years in the summer. You've always had a kind word and good solid advice for me, and I am glad to have "known" you. Congratulations, and your length looks great!

-Angela

LittleOrca
January 13th, 2010, 11:43 AM
So THAT is what you look like without the beard. :) Congrats on your 3 yr anniversary and your awesome growth :)

jojo
January 13th, 2010, 11:43 AM
Happy aniversary Your hair has grown so much and looks so healthy I am sure waist length is highly posible for you. You have done so well and I hope your hair continues to grow for you.

its been lovely getting to know you over the last couple of years, you have to be one of the most kindest, sincere people ive every had the pleasure of meeting. Also lovely to see you posting, i like reading your posts.

May many more years of friendship and hair growing continue, you are an asset to LHC xxxxx

OleanderTime
January 13th, 2010, 11:46 AM
Hi David,

Those were nice sentiments. I'm new here, and I look forward to my anniversaries as well. I hope I can make progress like you and get that sort of support (so far so good).

Your hair looks really good, I like your color. The side part is a fun change, too. Congratulations!

Ryanne
January 13th, 2010, 11:47 AM
Happy Anniversary! :flower:

Shorty89
January 13th, 2010, 11:58 AM
Happy anniversary!

LilyMunster
January 13th, 2010, 12:01 PM
Thanks for all the kindness you show here to everyone.
Give Tammy a hug for me in the SpringTime. Keep growing.;)

EvaSimone
January 13th, 2010, 12:06 PM
You are a hair inspiration DavidN! Your hair looks great and you are such an asset to this community! :flowers:

Shicurls
January 13th, 2010, 01:17 PM
Happy Anniversary!! Your hair has grown beautifully!

Dientje
January 13th, 2010, 01:22 PM
Happy anniversary David!

Your hair might not grow as fast, but it sure looks very healthy! And it really looks good on you, that ponytail in your siggy is great with the silver streak!

Happy growing!

Dachsdragon
January 13th, 2010, 01:29 PM
Congratulations on your anniversary. You hair looks really healthy.

kimki
January 13th, 2010, 01:31 PM
Happy Anniversary David, I'm so happy you are a part of this community your always writing such nice things to everyone. :flower:

serious
January 13th, 2010, 01:40 PM
Happy anniversary, David!
Your hair looks awesome !

You know, when I first joined, you were one of the first members who complimented my hair and gave me a lot of encouragement, so, thank you again for all your kindness and support! You are such a nice person and a good friend!

Happy growing!

mrs_b
January 13th, 2010, 01:48 PM
Happy anniversary David :toast:

your hair looks so nice, shiny and healthy. and that color with silver strings. me likey.
you look good with a beard. I like men with beards, my husband has a beard too.

Wind
January 13th, 2010, 02:16 PM
Happy anniversary David! You are such a kind soul. :blossom:

camirra555
January 13th, 2010, 02:22 PM
Happy anniversary David! Congrats on your progress. Maybe by your next anniversary you'll be at waist length!

janeytilllie
January 13th, 2010, 02:34 PM
Happy Anniversary! :flower:
Your hair looks great and in wonderful condition :)

curlylocks85
January 13th, 2010, 02:40 PM
Hi, DavidN we have not met but I am so happy for you. You have gained amazing length and as someone previously stated you look happy.

You could possibly be in a resting phase. Hang in there and keep your dreams of waist close by. I love your photos especially the one with the ponytail.

I look forward to the next three years with you. ;)

Congrats! :cheese:

Vivien'
January 13th, 2010, 02:40 PM
Happy anniversary, David ! It's cool that your hair still grows, even if it's slow !

Gemma
January 13th, 2010, 02:54 PM
Looking good, David!! :flower:

RoseRedDead
January 13th, 2010, 02:56 PM
Happy Anniversary, David! :flowers:

SchnauzerMom
January 13th, 2010, 03:12 PM
Your hair looks great, nice and healthy. Congratulations on 3 years!

rags
January 13th, 2010, 03:35 PM
Happy Anniversary David! Your hair is looking so healthy and I love your nice streak! Good luck on getting to waist!

Loviatar
January 13th, 2010, 04:10 PM
Race you to waist David - you'll be there faster than I will! Congratulations again :)

Aquamarine
January 13th, 2010, 04:15 PM
Happy Anniversary David!:cheer: Your hair looks great and healthy. Happy Growing!

Pear Martini
January 13th, 2010, 04:21 PM
Wow, you have amazing hair! I love how healthy it looks but I am surpised you only get 3 inches every year.

KarpatiiSiv
January 13th, 2010, 05:11 PM
Happy 3rd Anniversary. Your hair looks really healthy. :D

EdG
January 13th, 2010, 07:14 PM
Happy anniversary, Dave! :)

I think you and I have been on MLHH for much longer than 3 years. :cheese:
Ed

LaurelSpring
January 13th, 2010, 07:20 PM
Congratulations! LHC really does feel like home.

Stubborn
January 13th, 2010, 07:20 PM
The hair's looking good. Congrats on 3 years.

MsBubbles
January 13th, 2010, 07:43 PM
David your hair has really grown! Congrats on your anniversary...or rather I should just congratulate the rest of us for enjoying such a positive light as you here on this board.

RavennaNight
January 13th, 2010, 09:03 PM
Happy Anniversary David! :joy:

Sissy
January 13th, 2010, 09:08 PM
Happy anniversary, David! I think your hair has made fantastic progress. Keep on growin!

30isthenewblack
January 14th, 2010, 01:20 AM
Happy Anniversary David. You were one of my first friends on the board! Your hair is looking very long and healthy. 29.5" would almost be very close to waist for a lot of people. Here's to many more years of growing hair and friendship :bottomsup:

30isthenewblack
January 14th, 2010, 01:21 AM
David your hair has really grown! Congrats on your anniversary...or rather I should just congratulate the rest of us for enjoying such a positive light as you here on this board.

That's so true haha.

MerryKat
January 14th, 2010, 04:11 AM
Happy Anniversary David. Your hair is looking stunning. You have enriched LHC with your wonderful spirit and personality and it has been a privilege meeting you.

Hugs

Chrissy
January 14th, 2010, 04:29 AM
I posted to your blog but also wanted to say here CONGRATULATIONS DAVID!!! You are a huge part of this community and I am so glad you are here. Your hair looks wonderful. Here's to many more years of great growth.

GlassEyes
January 14th, 2010, 05:09 AM
Happy anniversary! Your hair looks awesome!

Charlotte
January 14th, 2010, 05:32 AM
Happy three year anniversary David. You have great hair! :)

Liluri
January 14th, 2010, 05:49 AM
Happy Anniversary DavidN congratulation on the progress

Chamomile betty
January 14th, 2010, 06:06 AM
Congrats on your 3 year anniversary!
Great photos.

marikamt
January 14th, 2010, 07:27 AM
I missed this thread yesterday-
Happy Anniversary!!!!

Sylvanas
January 14th, 2010, 07:35 AM
Happy anniversary, David :blossom: Your hair looks great, and so does your beard. It really suits you :)

morningstar
January 14th, 2010, 07:58 AM
David, you are an inspiration for all men and women that want long hair. :flowers: You also happen to be one of the kindest people I have ever met. Yes someday we will really meet. You make everyone feel welcome and cared about.

Your hair is progressing beautifully and the beard was a great idea. I notice that there is a glow to you nowadays. :) Keep the faith my friend. You will reach your goal. Remember it is the journey. I am proud to call you friend.

Xandergrammy
January 14th, 2010, 08:27 AM
Hi David and Happy Anniversary!! I am delighted to say that you really ARE one of the nicest people I've ever met (and so is Tammy). I so hope we have the opportunity to meet again.

Your hair is looking gorgeous, as usual.

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g6/Xandergrammy/The%20Next%20One%20Thousand/And%20Another%20Thousand/09-13-08LHGEasternStatePenitenti-5.jpg

DavidN
January 14th, 2010, 09:43 AM
Oh my goodness, Leni, thank you for posting that picture of our meet up! That time that Tammy and I had the pleasure of meeting you and your DH was a truly special day, and hopefully, we can get together again some time in the future.

To everyone who has posted in my blog and my thread here, I am slowly making my rounds and visiting your profile pages to thank you personally, but it may take me a little while. Thank you again!

Isa-belle
January 14th, 2010, 09:56 AM
Joyeux anniversaire, David, and thank you so much for gracing us with your wonderful presence here.

Fencai
January 14th, 2010, 10:04 AM
Many happy congratulations and happy anniversaries to you David!!!!
Its really wonderful to see how far you've come!!!

Jason
January 14th, 2010, 10:29 AM
David, it's been great having you here at LHC. I'm delighted you joined us. Congrats on both your 3 year anniversary and also your still lengthening hair. My progress is a lot slower at this length as well.

camara
January 14th, 2010, 10:38 AM
Happy Anniversary, DavidN! :flower:

LHC wouldn´t be the same without you! :)

Amoretti
January 14th, 2010, 03:10 PM
Congrats!!!!! LHC is a better place thanks to you, David! :flowers:

NiAosSi
January 14th, 2010, 03:27 PM
Happy anniversary!

Shield31
January 14th, 2010, 05:27 PM
Congratulations David. Happy 3 year anniversary!! Your growin' is goin' well and we all wish our hair would grow faster ;). And your hair is looking great too .:)

FrannyG
January 14th, 2010, 07:18 PM
Happy anniversary David, and congratulations on your very impressive growth. I know that everyone is so happy to know that you are part of this community. :flower:

LoversLullaby
January 14th, 2010, 07:24 PM
Your hair looks great David, keep on growing! :D Congrats on the anniversary.

Culdayne
January 14th, 2010, 07:25 PM
Congrats!! Your hair is looking great! You are one of the kindest people on the LHC. :D

Elphie
January 14th, 2010, 07:25 PM
Happy 3 Year Anniversary, David; you are truly a gentleman! Wishing you many more years of good health and good growth!

Tangles
January 14th, 2010, 07:39 PM
Beautiful progress, David, and a very flattering length on you. It's been a pleasure knowing you on the board.

DavidN
January 15th, 2010, 04:46 AM
Thank you again, everyone, and I still have a few more thank yous to make!:flowers:

Franny, you are back, and I nearly fell off my chair when I saw you were on the LHC once again. Welcome back, to a wonderful friend!:blossom:

Addy
January 15th, 2010, 05:05 AM
Your hair has grown so much David, even though it seems to grow slow for you. It looks to be in wonderful condition too. You are also so sweet and kind. Thank YOU for being here and contributing to LHC and sharing your lovely locks with us. I wish you well in everything you do! :flowers:

JessTheMess
January 15th, 2010, 05:10 AM
Happy LHC anniversary DavidN. :cheese: You are so kind and always have the nicest things to say about people. Thank you for being you! Your hair has grown quite long might I add!

jojo
January 15th, 2010, 08:24 AM
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g6/Xandergrammy/The%20Next%20One%20Thousand/And%20Another%20Thousand/09-13-08LHGEasternStatePenitenti-5.jpg
What a wonderful photo of 3 lovely people, I hope one day our paths will cross xxx

squiggyflop
January 15th, 2010, 09:43 AM
happy anniversary.. its been very fun having you here.. you have made great progress.. i look forward to your posts very much..

paper
January 15th, 2010, 01:27 PM
Happy Anniversary David! :flowers: Wow, your hair has grown alot, it looks great!

Xandergrammy
January 15th, 2010, 02:28 PM
What a wonderful photo of 3 lovely people, I hope one day our paths will cross xxx

I hope so too, jojo!! :smooch:

Aquamarine
January 15th, 2010, 02:41 PM
What a wonderful photo of 3 lovely people, I hope one day our paths will cross xxxAwesome pic!:)

Coriander
January 15th, 2010, 02:42 PM
Happy anniversary to one of the kindest gentlemen I have ever had the pleasure to "know". :flower:

bigmama8
January 15th, 2010, 07:09 PM
Happy Anniversary! Your hair has really grown a lot and looks wonderful!

GlennaGirl
January 16th, 2010, 12:41 AM
Holy guacamole, DavidN, your hair has gotten SO long! You are such a kind person and such a great presence here. It wouldn't be LHC without you. Congratulations on your three-year anniversary. :)

bte
January 16th, 2010, 04:27 AM
Three years? It's flown by! Congratulations on such wonderful growth and will be looking forward to seeing more progress in the years to come.

DavidN
January 17th, 2010, 06:53 AM
I am genuinely touched by how much people care! I have visited all your profile pages to thank you personally, both for your kind words here, and also in my blog.:blossom: If I have overlooked anyone, please let me know, and I will remedy the situation right away.

Demetrue
January 17th, 2010, 09:36 PM
Congratulations and Happy Anniversary! You are truly an asset to LHC and your kindness is a virtue that is so needed in today's world. Your hair has made great progess and I love the beard and mustache. Keep on growing!!

Fillette
January 18th, 2010, 10:04 AM
Happy anniversary David! You are an awesome guy with awesome hair! Congrats on your progress! :flower:

Ludde
January 23rd, 2011, 10:16 PM
Happy LHC Anniversary! Your hair looks so nice and please, please don't give up on your way towards waist. It is just a matter of more time!

christine1989
January 23rd, 2011, 10:26 PM
Happy anniversary! Here's to waist length hair in the next 3 years :bottomsup:.

julliams
January 23rd, 2011, 10:39 PM
Your hair really looks great and I like your current look with the beard and centre part. It looks as though your hair likes to be parted centrally. Mine does too. If I part it any other way, it just seems to sit differently. How far are you from being waist? I'm sure you will get there.

fluffybunny
January 23rd, 2011, 10:58 PM
Happy Anniversary, David! Here's to three more years and making it to waist! *lifts glass*

tinti
January 23rd, 2011, 11:15 PM
Happy anniversary, David! You really have come a long way :) Here's to many more years!

Tia2010
January 23rd, 2011, 11:19 PM
Happy LHC anniversary, David ! Congratulations on your progress :)

skaempfer
January 23rd, 2011, 11:55 PM
I have no idea how I missed your original post David, but I also wanted to say hello and thanks for the friendly welcome when I joined. I also love having a 'hair twin' who knows what it's like having straight hair in the winter and curly in the summer!

This place would not be the same without you :cheese:

irishlady
January 24th, 2011, 04:11 AM
Your hair is awesome! Congrats on the growth :)

madeline_
January 24th, 2011, 06:23 AM
So do you call it "bra strap length" too? :)

rags
January 24th, 2011, 07:51 AM
Happy Anniversary David!! Your hair is looking fantastic! I love your silver streak in the siggy. Here's to waist length in another three years!

DavidN
January 24th, 2011, 08:18 AM
Gosh, this sure is a surprise to see this thread "brought back from the graveyard" this morning, and it was someone else who alerted me to that! I was especially surprised, considering it is over a year old! Thank you to Ludde, for soing this, and for all the folks who left such kind words!:blossom:

I actually just celebrated my fourth year at the LHC, rather than my third year, and didn't bother to do a post on the Mane Forum this year(not a lot of change in my hair), although there was an entry in my blog. I am touched by the kindness and friendship of everyone, and thank you from the bottom of my heart!:flowers:

I will make a quick visit to your profile pages to thank you individually.

Fufu
January 24th, 2011, 08:19 AM
Happy Anniversary :)

pepperminttea
January 24th, 2011, 08:25 AM
Happy anniversary David; I aspire to silvers like yours. :)

Nae
January 24th, 2011, 08:28 AM
I am late to the party but happy anniversary David!! The hair is looking good!!

Ludde
January 24th, 2011, 09:10 AM
I am a complete disaster when it comes to sense of time. I am happy if I remember my own dates. Four years is even more impressive! Happy anniversary once more!:D

WaitingSoLong
January 24th, 2011, 09:20 AM
David! Happy (slightly late) 4th Anniversary and want to say AGAIN that I LOVE LOVE LOVE your beard :O)

kabelaced
January 24th, 2011, 10:49 AM
Happy LHC-versary, David! Thank you so much for your thoughtful comments and all of the wonderful advice you give. Keep on growing!! :cheer:

milagro
January 24th, 2011, 11:02 AM
Great progress! :flower:

ETA

Wonderful indeed! Looks like fairytale :)

Hylia
January 24th, 2011, 02:13 PM
Wow, beautiful hair. It is nice to see some men grow their hair out.

DaveDecker
January 24th, 2011, 07:33 PM
DavidN ~ Congrats on 4 years here at LHC! :toast: