PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!! My hair is...

MonicaV2544
January 12th, 2010, 05:03 PM
I've seen alot of thread asking for help cluttering the "mane" forum (I idmit Ive posted a thread asking for help too). Are your interested in creating a thread that offers help and support for those having hair problems? If so maybe people could post their help requests here and everyone can help pitch in with support and advice.

spidermom
January 12th, 2010, 05:19 PM
I wouldn't mind, but I think that most newbies like to get personal advice rather than being lumped in with community advice. We have a henna thread, but I still see many threads requesting personal advice regarding henna.

Lamb
January 12th, 2010, 05:27 PM
The problem with a collective "help" thread would be that individual questions could easily get buried and/or passed over in the discussion.
I prefer the personalized threads, for these reasons:

1. When I look for members with my hairtype, I also search for threads they have started. It is very educational to know what problems my "hairsiblings" have struggled with and what kind of advice they have gotten.

2. When I search for info on something, I often search for thread titles containing keywords like "hairloss", "brittle", "dry" etc. etc. Individual problem threads come in handy at such times. :)

ETA: I also don't see why it's a bad thing to "clutter" the Mane Board - it has been my impression that this is what the Mane Board is for: asking questions, getting advice, learning and educating each other. How can one learn without asking questions? ;)

Lamb
January 12th, 2010, 05:27 PM
Hijack: spidermom, your siggy!! :shocked:
/hijack

coscass
January 12th, 2010, 05:28 PM
I'm guilty of this and I apologise. I just have a lot of questions I guess and don't know where to direct them. I try to moderate my own posts, though, and try to place them where I think they should go.

MonicaV2544
January 12th, 2010, 05:33 PM
Ok=) I thought Id ask. If everyone is happy with the way things are no sense in changing it.