PDA

View Full Version : Growing out Bangs

trillcat
January 12th, 2010, 01:27 PM
I did a search and did not find another thread like this, so please forgive me if this is already a topic.
I have BSL hair and growing, and have always, my entire life had some sort of fringe. I have decided to grow them out.
Right now, they are shoulder length, and I am not sure I am looking so good with these, the all one length thing on my forehead, and it SO does not blend into the rest of my hair! I can still swoop them back, but then I have kind of a Farrah thing going on, all good and fine in the 80's, not so much now.
I can't post pic's yet, but trust me, it aint pretty!

Stormy1
January 12th, 2010, 01:44 PM
When I was growing out my fringe, I would part my hair on the side and then twist the bang in with some length and secure with a hairclip.
I found this to be a quick and easy hairstyle which disguised well.

I ended up cutting new fringe in since I don't think I look right without them.

Elainehali
January 12th, 2010, 01:47 PM
My roommate did this the other day. It looks kinda cute.

http://www.zimbio.com/Hairstyles+and+Haircare+101/articles/122/Jennifer+Anniston+Shows+how+Grow+Out+Bangs

coscass
January 12th, 2010, 01:48 PM
I ended up pulling them behind my ear and tossing in a bobbbypin, then pulling the hair ove rmy shoulder over to cover it. It was a quick fix, really. I dunno if that's something you want to do every day,though.

trillcat
January 12th, 2010, 01:56 PM
My roommate did this the other day. It looks kinda cute.

http://www.zimbio.com/Hairstyles+and+Haircare+101/articles/122/Jennifer+Anniston+Shows+how+Grow+Out+Bangs
AH, now someone needs to give me Jen's perfect face, I would not care about my silly looking bangs (if you can call them that anymore!)
:D

Tonks
January 12th, 2010, 02:07 PM
I'm in the same boat, growing out my bangs. Back in Feb 08 I accidentally chopped them halfway up my forehead, and they looked horrible! They're at a length now where I can sweep them to the side, and are just too short to properly tuck behind my ears. Mostly I just pin them up on top of my head, and then stay out of my way.

Can't wait to be rid of them! I've had bangs all my life, except maybe two years. If your bangs are long enough, you can part them on the side and try braiding them as a sort of half headband. I've only done it once, but it turned out nice!

florenonite
January 12th, 2010, 02:16 PM
I'm growing out bangs right now. They're at an awkward length where they're too short to go into updos but long enough that when I tuck them behind my ear they protrude at the bottom in an unflattering manner.

Anyway, what I did when they were shorter was do a side parting and then French braid from the parting, across the top of my head, and down to my ear, and incorporate that hair into my updo.

Heidi_234
January 12th, 2010, 02:24 PM
Scary, I just thought today that maybe I should start a thread asking how long until grown out almost collarbone length bangs finally remain in updo's. :uhh:

Anyway, I'm that stage too now. Too long to the tacked behind the ears, still not long enough to remain in the bun. I just wonder if I should wait few more months and get over with them, or it would take longer than that and I better trim the fried ends now.

lol21
January 12th, 2010, 02:37 PM
I want bangs as well =/

ughh they so short and not even existent some days.

wookermuffin
January 12th, 2010, 02:46 PM
Scary, I just thought today that maybe I should start a thread asking how long until grown out almost collarbone length bangs finally remain in updo's. :uhh:

I'm growing my bangs out too and they've just reached that point where they stay in a bun and they're only about 2 inches past collarbone. Hope that helps.

HairyCarrie
January 12th, 2010, 02:48 PM
I'm growing out half of my bangs. They were pretty thick and I'm growing out the top half. At my age I've developed bald spots on either side of my forehead so pulling back my hair at the forehead area or even sweeping them to one side would not look good at all. I wanted to keep some bangs to soften my look. So now I am keeping just a thin fringe in the middle which is good to hide my wrinkle between my eyes. :smile:

The growing out part is now just hitting the tuck-behind-the-ears length. It will turn into another layer that I'll have to deal with, but so far I'm ok with the effect. I'm sure I'll die with bangs as I've never gone without them for more than a year of my entire life!

Heidi_234
January 14th, 2010, 03:24 PM
I'm growing my bangs out too and they've just reached that point where they stay in a bun and they're only about 2 inches past collarbone. Hope that helps.
Thanks, it does. :flower:

jennylouwhoo
January 14th, 2010, 03:37 PM
my bangs are like shoulder length now. I never really notice them though mine stay back in my pony.

mugglemomof3
January 14th, 2010, 04:25 PM
I decided a couple weeks ago while on the way to the bathroom to trim my bangs to just grow them back out.

I've worn them like this ever since.
http://www.lovemybumpits.com/bumpit-styles/gallery.php
Except I don't use one of the bumpits. I just tease them a little.

This will be a good thread for inspiration and comfort!

longforhim
January 15th, 2010, 05:13 PM
I am growing out bangs as they were cut to thick back in August. It's hard not to chop them again as they are in the ackward stage of hanging in my eyes and not tucking behind my ear yet. I know for sure that I must leave them alone though to be happy with them eventually.

jojo
January 16th, 2010, 01:45 AM
I started growing mine out 3 years ago and to be honest apart from occassionally twisting them back in little sections and pinning them down, I just ignored them! once they can get behind your ear its better.

HildeMV
January 16th, 2010, 02:25 AM
I had straight across bangs, and a middle parting.
Then I made a side parting and clipped them up to the side.

Toadstool
January 16th, 2010, 04:16 AM
AH, now someone needs to give me Jen's perfect face, I would not care about my silly looking bangs (if you can call them that anymore!)
:D
She's airbrushed!:)

LoversLullaby
January 16th, 2010, 10:41 AM
Ugh, I am growing out my bangs and they are such a pain!! I just keep clinging to the hope that they'll look better all grown out.