PDA

View Full Version : Broken hairs?

Eniratak
January 11th, 2010, 01:57 PM
So this morning I was getting ready for school and I was combing my hair and I noticed that I have a lot of tiny hairs at the very top of my scalp right where my part is. I'm not sure if it's hair that has broken off all the way up to there or if it's new growth.
I haven't really noticed it and I haven't changed a lot of what I'm doing, except I added two new products to my hair and last week I shampooed with dandruff shampoo.

While at school, because I'm a hair nerd, I complied a list of what it might be and I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on the subject as well.

Hair that has broken to the scalp
New growth
Winter?
I recently changed around my parting and added in new products.I really hope that it's just new growth or winter doing its damage, but it's really bothering me, especially considering the tips of my hair are full of split ends. I'm at a lost of what to do.

Please help.

Tangerine
January 11th, 2010, 02:08 PM
I've got that, and in my case it is definitely regrowth.

I think I have a fair amount of it under normal circumstances, but it has been even more so after a bit of a postnatal shed. That is now about 9 months ago, so I have a silly amount of longish new hair that still likes to stand on end whenever possible.

I also seem to regrow new wispy bangs once in a while - meaning I never go long without them.... Once they've grown out, a new one starts appearing :s

I really wouldn't worry, Katerine (I remember reading you prefer to be called that - I hope I am not misremembering! :o ). Maybe just use a tiny lick of oil or AVG to keep them in check if you don't like the fizziness?

:blossom:

Eniratak
January 11th, 2010, 02:10 PM
I've got that, and in my case it is definitely regrowth.

I think I have a fair amount of it under normal circumstances, but it has been even more so after a bit of a postnatal shed. That is now about 9 months ago, so I have a silly amount of longish new hair that still likes to stand on end whenever possible.

I also seem to regrow new wispy bangs once in a while - meaning I never go long without them.... Once they've grown out, a new one starts appearing :s

I really wouldn't worry, Katarine (I remember reading you prefer to be called that - I hope I am not misremembering! :o ). Maybe just use a tiny lick of oil or AVG to keep them in check if you don't like the fizziness?

:blossom:

Katarine is right! If in doubt, just look at my username. It's my actual name spelled backwards. Why I did it like that? I have no idea.

Okay. So it might just be new growth. I hope so. Because I freaked out this morning and stared at my hair for like ten minutes while touching the short hairs. XD.

Tangerine
January 11th, 2010, 02:15 PM
I know - it can look a little like you've stuck your finger in a wall socket, doesn't it :D :p It is so weird how you don't notice it and then suddenly it is all there in all its craziness .... But it is one of those things that other people tend not to notice, luckily!

Yes - the backwards name thing is how I remembered :D Funny how certain things just seem to stick in my memory. My fingers typed an e instead of an a though :o

Eniratak
January 11th, 2010, 02:16 PM
I know - it can look a little like you've stuck your finger in a wall socket, doesn't it :D :p It is so weird how you don't notice it and then suddenly it is all there in all its craziness .... But it is one of those things that other people tend not to notice, luckily!

Yes - the backwards name thing is how I remembered :D Funny how certain things just seem to stick in my memory. My fingers typed an e instead of an a though :o

XD. That's okay. Happens all the time. Thanks for remembering though!

See. I suppose the hairs wouldn't be very noticeable to anyone else because they aren't even an inch in length really. But they are super noticeable to me. XD.

SunshineHair
January 11th, 2010, 03:30 PM
And differnt lighting can make it appear! There is this one mirror I pass by in a certain light that shows ALL my short hairs that run all thorugh my hair, from root to tip.

To me it looks awful but nobody can see it, or they just wont admit it. But I think it's so ugly. I hope it is just newer hair that is at different lengths and not damage!!

mrs_b
January 11th, 2010, 04:06 PM
I have the same since I remember and in my case it is for sure regrowth.
So every time I clean my bathtub drain from my hair I reassure my self: don't worry, you have plenty of hair regrowing:-)
In my case it is a good thing because it lifts other hair and makes my hair not lay flat on my scalp.
I can tell it is regrowing hair because at the temple area I have kind of 2-5 inch bangs and I have never have bang in my life.

I wouldn't worry about it Eniratak. maybe just observe those tiny hair whether they grow longer or not?

Arctic
January 12th, 2010, 06:28 AM
Look closely of the tips of the short hairs: if they are blunt, or rough, have a white dot or split, they are broken. If on the other hand they look like the tips of cats or dogs whisker, tapering neatly and evenly into nothingness, they are new growth.