PDA

View Full Version : New Wavy from Texas

Centelleo
January 11th, 2010, 11:34 AM
Hello! I've been reading/lurking on the forums for months now and it was high time I finally joined the LHC discussion boards.

I've always had a love/hate relationship with my hair. It always seemed frizzy, coarse, dry, thick and unmanageable. Years of dyeing, heat styling, and "thinning" cuts left much to be desired unless I subjected it to more flat-ironing. It got to the point where I didn't even bother wearing it down because it looked so awful unless I flat-ironed the heck out of it!

After a "life-changing" haircut where my hairdresser diffuse-dried my hair, I found out I had natural waves (somewhere between 2b/2c) and vowed to find a way to live with my natural texture. It's going to take a huge shift in my current daily hair routine (which is fairly non-existent) but I want to restore the health, thickness, and length of my hair. Definitely want years of neglect and bad habits to bite the dust!

Currently aiming to low-poo + co-wash while avoiding sulfates, silicones, and as many synthetics as possible. Looking for natural + organic alternatives where available and also trying my hand at homemade concoctions. Trying to control my inherent product junkie tendencies but there are so many interest and intriguing products, oils, herbs, et cetera out there!

Amara
January 12th, 2010, 07:31 PM
Product junkie! Try getting little samples of shampoo bars from chagrin valley! you can try out all sorts of things for cheap cheap cheap! And they're natural!

DanielleRenae
January 12th, 2010, 09:05 PM
Welcome to the LHC (officially). :)

And don't feel bad because I went through a terrible stage in my life where I was addicted to flat-ironing. It happens to the best of us. ;)