PDA

View Full Version : hair puzzle for you............................................... ...................

jojo
January 10th, 2010, 08:01 PM
why when my hair was short and reached the bottom of my neck and I could put it up did I feel long, yet now im not too far off waist it feels super short?:confused: I am confused!

Anybody else think this?:rolleyes:

MsBubbles
January 10th, 2010, 08:10 PM
I feel a version of this with my hair...mostly because it's so light and flyaway. I don't feel my hair on my midback at all - mostly because my hair has no heft, and my back curves inwards away from it. So I feel like I have perpetual APL-BSL hair at best! When it was shoulder-apl, I used to love feeling it fall all around my shoulders. Now it mostly just slinks in a thinner line down the back.

Is that what you mean?

Latin Tea
January 10th, 2010, 08:29 PM
Or maybe you are wanting it to be longer, feeling that it just doesn't measure up to the real long hairs here on the board. I know that is what I feel when looking at mine. It's like, "Grow already!" :D

Carolyn
January 10th, 2010, 08:30 PM
I remember when my hair was a bit past shoulders I would get comments about how long it was getting. I was so pleased to hear that. And it felt long to me too. But now it seems short at waist length. I just keep wanting more. I am so long hair greedy :D

jojo
January 10th, 2010, 08:41 PM
I feel a version of this with my hair...mostly because it's so light and flyaway. I don't feel my hair on my midback at all - mostly because my hair has no heft, and my back curves inwards away from it. So I feel like I have perpetual APL-BSL hair at best! When it was shoulder-apl, I used to love feeling it fall all around my shoulders. Now it mostly just slinks in a thinner line down the back.

Is that what you mean? yes this is how i feel, If my hair was more medium texture and thicker ( i wish) I bet it wouldnt feel so short! and a good point about no land marks, I still think i am apl, like i will see somebody with apl and think wow long hair yet mine measures quite a bit more but it doesnt look as long as theres, if that makes sense!

A bit like when you lose weight the scales say you have lost yet your brain doesnt grasp it and you still feel bigger!

flutterbudget
January 11th, 2010, 01:06 AM
I have that feeling too from time to time. I know it sounds weird, but my hair always feels longest right after a trim. I think its the thicker ends. Or maybe just that I'm weird...:rolleyes:

Chrissy
January 11th, 2010, 04:31 AM
I have no wonderful answer but.....maybe because when you finally reached a "long hair" goal (being able to put it up) it was very significant. Now as you grow you are becoming more accustomed to it. If that makes sense. When mine was at it's longest 29" I was just used to the length. It didn't seem that long to me until I would see it in the mirror or someone would say wow you're hair is getting really long!

I don't know. You're hair is beautiful!

Gypsygirl
January 11th, 2010, 04:54 AM
I think I know what you mean. I have a lot of hair and it's heavy so I got it layered ages ago. It looks even thicker now but it feels...I don't know..."less". Both thinner and shorter than when it ws all one length. I like my layers, though, so I'm keeping them...and JoJo... in reality your hair is long- and beautiful. :)

Juanita
January 11th, 2010, 06:28 AM
I think your perception of long has changed. All the lovely very long hair on here.

WaitingSoLong
January 11th, 2010, 09:51 AM
I don't feel my hair on my midback at all - mostly because my hair has no heft, and my back curves inwards away from it. So I feel like I have perpetual APL-BSL hair at best!
Is that what you mean?

This is how I am and why I want TB length hair, so I can feel it at all times.

The only thing I would say is that when my hair was shorter, I had layers, and when I put it up, the layers int he pony made it look longer up than it did down. So I wore a pony a lot. Since I cut all the layers out and let it grown much longer, I only LOSE length when I put it in a pony.

WaitingSoLong
January 11th, 2010, 09:54 AM
Also, people used to comment on how long my hair was getting when it was more like BSL. Now it is past waist and headed to hip and no one ever says anything?? Of course I am wearing it up all the time inthe winter but I mean before I started my hair-up-for-100-days thing.

jojo
January 11th, 2010, 10:51 AM
I have no wonderful answer but.....maybe because when you finally reached a "long hair" goal (being able to put it up) it was very significant. Now as you grow you are becoming more accustomed to it. If that makes sense. When mine was at it's longest 29" I was just used to the length. It didn't seem that long to me until I would see it in the mirror or someone would say wow you're hair is getting really long!

I don't know. You're hair is beautiful! brilliant answer and yes so true! and thank you xx

Medievalmaniac
January 11th, 2010, 11:07 AM
I feel similarly. I think my hair is long, then I don't think it's very long, then I see pictures that show it is long, but it still seems too short, lol. I don't have any answers for you, but I do sympathize with the feeling, which I think in my case are just fears that I'm not as close to my goals as I want to be or think I am...

jivete
January 11th, 2010, 11:10 AM
Once it gets to this length it's been "long" for a while, and any additional growth is hard to see. My hair also feels shorter than it did at APL even though it's longer than I ever imagined it could be. I know you've had some significant trims, so your hair has been around the same length for a while, so you've probably just gotten used to the length.

jacqueline101
April 21st, 2013, 11:10 AM
Mine is bra strap length and feels short but at arm pit length it felt longer.

Kaelee
April 21st, 2013, 11:23 AM
I think it's because the longer you try to grow your hair, the more your standards of what "long" is change. My hair feels "long" right now because I can finally actually do updos! But I know it'll be a while before I can do too much with it, and there's about a year between BSL and waist for me.

Magalo
April 21st, 2013, 11:25 AM
Old thread!

heidi w.
April 21st, 2013, 11:36 AM
A lot of long-hair people think their hair isn't that long, when it really is. It's about the inside of your brain catching up with your reality. Sometimes you just have to fake it til you make it...and it may take about 20 years to make it.
heidi w.