PDA

View Full Version : Wispy bangs,widow's peak and side part anyone - pics?

longinthehair
January 10th, 2010, 02:07 PM
Thinking of cutting in some very wispy bangs..only want a few..widow's peak (some know as cowlick) always throws them off. So if they are very light bangs, thinking could wear them as bangs, or just comb back into the main part of hair, depending on mood? [I think I had this years ago..feel like succombing again..thought someone might have an encouraging picture?]
Looking for that softened look I guess...for a change.
Pics anyone?
{Might just be mid-winter blues pulling me this way.}

Leneveu
January 23rd, 2010, 05:20 AM
No pictures, unfortunately, but I'm feeling tempted to do something like this, too. It might also be a mid-winter thing for me :p

Sammich
January 23rd, 2010, 05:44 AM
I have a sort of widows Peak, not TOO much of a widows peak but I do... and bangs. You can check out my albums! :)
Also, I don't think it's the sort of bangs you're looking for but you can take a peak... the widows peak(Mine) doesn't really affect the bangs.

curlylocks85
January 24th, 2010, 08:54 AM
What exactly is a cowlick? I have heard my mother talk about this on her hair, but I never really understood what it was.

Elphie
January 24th, 2010, 08:59 AM
I have a small widow's peak and two cowlicks in my bang area. To compensate, my bangs are cut back in a V shape to add a few more longer pieces. I tend to work with what they feel like doing that day. Some days, they're straight across, some days they like to part a bit, some days they're more side swept. They're much longer than in my avatar photo, they were a bit short (and recently trimmed) for my liking there.

amoulixes
January 24th, 2010, 09:22 AM
I have fought many times to have bangs with my widow's peak, but it just doesn't work. My mother, however, with the same widow's peak has these wispy bangs you're talking about. She parts just slightly to the side, then wears the bangs the "wrong" way (against the direction the hair wants to go). This gives them lift and kind of hides the widow's peak. If I can find a picture, I'll come back and give a link.

jasper
January 24th, 2010, 09:24 AM
What exactly is a cowlick? I have heard my mother talk about this on her hair, but I never really understood what it was.

My understanding of a cowlick is hair that seems to want to go (grow, hang, stand) in the opposite direction from the rest of your hair or in a different direction than what you expect. If the hair is short, the cowlick is hair that keeps sticking up or out despite efforts to tame or retrain it. Someone actually explained it to me one time as hair that looks like a cow licked your head and the hair is now sticking the wrong way.

Also, I understand a widows peak as something totally other- it's a V shape to the hairline on your forehead. If I brush my bangs back, I have a V on my forehead pointing down.

longinthehair
January 24th, 2010, 09:56 AM
Thanks for the replies everyone. Sammich - cute bangs.
But way heavier than I have actually cut on myself.

I now have very, very wispy bangs..(took me a whole day and evening to gather the courage to cut some the other week) I ..like them..they're the kind that are hardly there, so very little maintenance.. And if I walk fast, they're right back into the body of my main length - hah hah!

Definitely giving my updos a softer look..I like them..makes me less paranoid about pull-back styles being too severe. Having so few like this makes me much less bothered about them, because they don't really need to be a particular place..and they curve out easily without being flattish..if you get my meaning. In the morning, I take a round brush, wet them with either my water/aloevera mix or a touch of holding mousse or gel (depends how I feel); dry them literally in 5-8 seconds (if that) and voila..done..good to go. Seems to be a nice uplift/change for me! A bit of fun in the midst of the long stretch of winter. Who knows..when hot weather appears, they could be a real pain..but like I said, there's so few of them..a see through effect for sure.
[Now I just have to resist the temptation to cut more in whenever they get caught up with the main length..but hopefully will stick to what I have, I think would be best.]

jojo
January 24th, 2010, 12:29 PM
A widows peek, is basically where the hair grows to a point in the centre and a cowslick is where the direction of the hair grows different and looks like a kind of swirl and can grow anywhere on the head; I have both and no fringe.

SunshineHair
January 24th, 2010, 12:46 PM
My oldest friend has a cow lick in her bangs! When we were little (and maybe a little older hehe) I would randomly moo and make a lick sound!! It drove her nuts!!!

And ok so manybe I still do it, the classics cannot be stopped!!!

rupunzlemom
February 11th, 2010, 09:14 PM
Thanks for the replies everyone. Sammich - cute bangs.
But way heavier than I have actually cut on myself.

I now have very, very wispy bangs..(took me a whole day and evening to gather the courage to cut some the other week) I ..like them..they're the kind that are hardly there, so very little maintenance.. And if I walk fast, they're right back into the body of my main length - hah hah!

Definitely giving my updos a softer look..I like them..makes me less paranoid about pull-back styles being too severe. Having so few like this makes me much less bothered about them, because they don't really need to be a particular place..and they curve out easily without being flattish..if you get my meaning. In the morning, I take a round brush, wet them with either my water/aloevera mix or a touch of holding mousse or gel (depends how I feel); dry them literally in 5-8 seconds (if that) and voila..done..good to go. Seems to be a nice uplift/change for me! A bit of fun in the midst of the long stretch of winter. Who knows..when hot weather appears, they could be a real pain..but like I said, there's so few of them..a see through effect for sure.
[Now I just have to resist the temptation to cut more in whenever they get caught up with the main length..but hopefully will stick to what I have, I think would be best.]

I would love to see a pic! I would like to do wispy bangs but can't seem to get them right.

peronella
February 11th, 2010, 10:22 PM
I have a widow's peak and my bangs are pretty heavy and they stay put, mostly.

I actually never thought about my widow's peak affecting the shape of my bangs before... it explains a couple bad hair days actually...

But with wispy bangs it shouldn't be a problem. sounds like a pretty hair style

Arrow Juniper
February 11th, 2010, 10:51 PM
I've always had a widow's peak too, and i never knew what to make of it. Right now I just have chin-length grown out bangs so my hair parts naturally off center of the peak. You may as well start with long bangs to see how well you like them, plus you can always tuck those back behind your ears or in a scrunchy. Cut slooowwwlly.

morguebabe
February 13th, 2010, 07:44 AM
I have a colick. And I few different kinda of bangs in albums.

lapushka
February 13th, 2010, 09:38 AM
Bangs and really short hair are an issue for me due to 4 cowlicks; 2 at the back of my head and 2, tinier ones, in the front where bangs are supposed to go. Due to wavy hair bangs and short hair can be quite disobedient, so consider the texture of your hair!

I have a widow's peak too, but that basically shouldn't interfere with bangs at all, unless your hair tends to move in a different direction there too.

AmericanWoman
February 13th, 2010, 12:27 PM

A cowlick is hair that grows in a differant direction than the rest of the hair. Think Alfalfa from Spanky and Our Gang, with that one chock of hair sticking straight up in the back.