PDA

View Full Version : Minor milestone!

Pixna
January 10th, 2010, 11:16 AM
No pics (sorry, don't have a camera handy), but I have my hair (as we speak) in a messy bun, held with a hair fork. YES, it is long enough to put in a messy bun!!!! YAY!!!!! Coming from a 1-inch pixie in 2007 to this point is HUGE for me. I am optimistic now about getting back to super long again, and I'm really, REALLY excited! :happydance:

jaine
January 10th, 2010, 11:18 AM
Wow, that is so exciting!!!! :) awesome! I can't wait until I am there too!
:cheese::cheese:

Gumball
January 10th, 2010, 11:26 AM
Whoohoo! Those milestones are great because it's such a big threshold. Congratulations!

Pixna
January 10th, 2010, 12:16 PM
Thanks, Jaine and Gumball!!! :redgrin:

Tangerine
January 10th, 2010, 12:20 PM
Congratulations, Pixna! :flower: I can imagine you are really excited - it is indeed such a big milestone to reach!! In my opinion, it also makes it easier to continue growing, once you can bun it up and out of the way.

Dreams_in_Pink
January 10th, 2010, 12:24 PM
i wouldn't call that minor though :D i'd go around screaming if i could manage all my hair in a bun! congratulations!

Pixna
January 10th, 2010, 12:35 PM
Tangerine and Dreams In Pink, thank you! Yeah, I'm pretty psyched. I'm hoping that on days when I feel frustrated, I can just put it up and either feel beautiful or forget about it. And, yeah, I AM kinda running around screaming right now! :bounce:

Calista
January 10th, 2010, 12:47 PM
Pics or it didn`t happen... :whistle:

EdG
January 10th, 2010, 12:57 PM
Congratulations, Pixna! :)
Ed

Pixna
January 10th, 2010, 01:33 PM
Pics or it didn`t happen... :whistle:

LOL!!! Calista, we are SO technologically backward. We have a cell phone that can take pics, but we don't know how to get them onto my computer. And my husband's office has a digital camera that we borrow from time to time (for my update pics), but it's the weekend (and we're snowed in), so he couldn't even get it until tomorrow night, and then it would likely be too dark to take a good shot (and my bun would need to be redone, of course), and he couldn't get it uploaded and sent to me until the following day. Complications, complications. You mean a good mental image won't suffice? ;)

Thank you, Ed!! :flower:

redneckprincess
January 10th, 2010, 01:40 PM
congrats to you!!! thats awesome. I think you and i are running about the same leingth (you might be longer)...mine is deffinetly more heavly layered but Im thinking I should be able to start bunning soon...(I hope)

Latin Tea
January 10th, 2010, 01:42 PM
Congratulations! My hair is 27" and I still can't manage buns. I got a Flexi-8 clip and after feebly trying to do a french bun (or whatever you call it), all my hairs were screaming at me to let them go! I reluctantly let them have their way. Guess I was just meant to have my hair unbunned! :)

Pixna
January 10th, 2010, 01:55 PM
Thanks, RedNeckPrincess! I'm not at APL yet -- getting closer ever day, though! Not having layers probably helps in terms of bunning. Mine isn't great -- messy is the operative word, but I'm kind of liking it like that. It's still too short to do a really neat, sleek bun. You should definitely be long enough to be able to do one soon!! :thumbsup:

Unbunned is perfectly fine, Latin Tea. I will probably go unbunned most of the time, even when my hair gets to be your length (which I wish it was already!!). When my hair was longer and I would put it up, it often screamed to be released, so I know what you're talking about. My hair (or scalp, or both) is sensitive in that way, and it sounds like yours is too. I was never an expert bunner even when my hair was long before. My downfall was always to try to make them perfect, which I usually couldn't do and it frustrated me to no end. This time around, I'm happy with messy! :)

Coriander
January 10th, 2010, 01:56 PM
That's not minor, Pixna! Congratulations!!! YAY!!!!

LawyerGirl
January 10th, 2010, 01:59 PM
Yay Pixna! :)

Pixna
January 10th, 2010, 01:59 PM
Aww, thank you, Coriander!! I think I accomplished this in honor of your getting into nursing school!! :gabigrin:

Thank you, LawyerGirl!! Isn't it cool? I'm almost (though not totally) out of the "shortie" stage! :D

DMARTINEZ
January 10th, 2010, 03:59 PM
Good for you Pixna!!! yayayayayaaaaa!!!!!!

Deb :)

Madame J
January 10th, 2010, 04:01 PM
You can text pictures from your phone to an email address.

Congrats!

Green Elf
January 10th, 2010, 04:04 PM
Congratulation!!!!! It's a GREAT step forward!! :cheer:

Chrissy
January 10th, 2010, 04:22 PM
Yay Pixna!!! We will make it to long again!

Carolyn
January 10th, 2010, 04:29 PM
Yay! I'm doing the :happydance:for you. Have I said how glad I am that you are back at LHC? :D

Pixna
January 11th, 2010, 07:01 AM
Deb, Madam J, Green Elf, Chrissy, and Carolyn -- thank you!!! :flower:

Madam J, I appreciate the tip. Problem is, we don't know how to text (or send an email) on the phone. Did I mention that we are technological weenies? :smirk:

Carolyn, I am SO glad to be back. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! Of course, I'm thrilled that you are still here, too!!! :grouphug: