PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Tried Giovanni Frizz-Be-Gone?

Sissy
January 10th, 2010, 09:32 AM
I'm looking into trying Giovanni Frizz Be Gone (http://www.vitacost.com/Giovanni-Frizz-Be-Gone) and wondered if anyone here uses it or has tried it?

Basically, I'm interested in it as it seems like a good alternative for those of us whom like the coney leave-ins (thinking Biosilk, Chi) but don't want all the drying alcohols?

The ingredients are:
Cyclopentasiloxane, soybean protein (glycine soja), dimethicone, tocopherols (vitamin E), panthenol (vitamin B5), rosemary (rosmarinus officinalis), nettle (urtica dioica) oil, thyme (thymus vilgaris) oil, fragrance with essential oils.

Biosilk's ingredients are:
Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, SD Alcohol 40-B, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Ethyl Ester of Hydrolyzed Silk, Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol,Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Parfum (Fragrance). Hexyl Cinnamic Aldehyde, Benzyl Benzoate, Linalool, Gamma Methyl Ionone, Citronellol, Lilial, Hydroxy Citronellol, Geraniol, Eugenol

* so all in all, I think the Giovanni product sounds healthier for the hair. It has the cones and panthenol and some nice oils. It does not have hydrolized silk like my Biosilk does, but I'm not sure if that would make too much of a difference. It doesn't contain the alcohol and parabens at least.

prosperina
January 10th, 2010, 10:40 AM
Your post sent me to the bathroom to look under my sink. :D I have two Giovanni leave ins, but not that one. I generally like their products though. The golden wheat is my favorite shampoo. I have about two thirds of a bottle of the vita pro fusion leave in, and I want to try it again. The first time out, I was not impressed. I haven't heard of the frizz be gone, so I'll be watching this thread with interest. :drama:

Sissy
January 10th, 2010, 02:01 PM
Your post sent me to the bathroom to look under my sink. :D I have two Giovanni leave ins, but not that one. I generally like their products though. The golden wheat is my favorite shampoo. I have about two thirds of a bottle of the vita pro fusion leave in, and I want to try it again. The first time out, I was not impressed. I haven't heard of the frizz be gone, so I'll be watching this thread with interest. :drama:

yeah, I have two Giovanni leave-ins as well - Giovanni Direct Leave-In and Giovanni Vita-Pro Fushion Spray Leave-in. I like them both and am hoping to try the Frizz-be-gone leave-in soon.

I am also interested in the Giovanni Straight Fast and the Giovanni Color Flage Brazenly Brunette Conditioner. If anyone has tried those I'd love to hear your thoughts.