PDA

View Full Version : Here's how to put those old heat appliances to use!

Merewen
January 9th, 2010, 10:46 PM
http://mylifeisaverage.com/s/554816

I'm thinking about trying that out with my hair dryer tomorrow morning.

missjessiecakes
January 9th, 2010, 10:49 PM
hahahaha well I did spend an ungodly amount on it It should get some use and we dont have a dryer :lol:

SunshineHair
January 9th, 2010, 10:59 PM
I wish people wouldnt be so quick to use the F word :(

That aside, an instant sock warmer, neat o :)

DarkBotticelli
January 9th, 2010, 11:08 PM
Yay! Sounds like a great idea to me.

BonnyJ
January 9th, 2010, 11:16 PM
[quote=SunshineHair;928413]I wish people wouldnt be so quick to use the F word :(

:agree:

pepperminttea
January 9th, 2010, 11:29 PM
I wish people wouldnt be so quick to use the F word :(

Same. I do love MLIA, but it was so much better before they added the comments feature.

If I still had a working hair-dryer, I would be so tempted - nothing nicer than warm socks on a cold day. :)

Merewen
January 10th, 2010, 12:08 AM
Aww, boo hiss. I didn't even bother to read the comments. That's disappointing.

lol21
January 10th, 2010, 12:10 AM
well straightener could be used for bangs =/

twilight_faerie
January 10th, 2010, 12:19 AM
Same. I do love MLIA, but it was so much better before they added the comments feature.

Indeed. And my brain always automatically starts reading the comments...argh, stop that!

I'd be afraid of burning my socks.

ravenreed
January 10th, 2010, 01:27 AM
I have used a hair dryer to dry some article of clothing that I hand washed and needed to wear immediately in the dark ages, before I had a dryer in my home.

ravenreed
January 10th, 2010, 01:30 AM
That previous sentence was horrible. It should say:

Back in the bad old days, before I had a clothes dryer in my home, I used a hair dryer to dry an item of clothing that I had hand washed and needed to wear right away.

Carolyn
January 10th, 2010, 05:58 AM
I've used my large barrel curling iron to iron ribbon.

Dreams_in_Pink
January 10th, 2010, 06:11 AM
i use old straightener to iron little pieces of fabric :D and hair dryer is great when you pour water on your clothes; it immediately dries :D

squiggyflop
January 10th, 2010, 07:24 AM
i use my straightening iron to smooth out dollar bills that went through the wash.. it makes them crisp like when they just come from the bank.. hehe

sock warmer.. how delightful

LaurelSpring
January 10th, 2010, 08:06 AM
I use my blowdryer to dry my body after a shower. Especially between my toes. I dont like feeling damp and it gets me nice and toasty. It feels good. They should make some sort of body blowers in bathrooms.

Shield31
January 10th, 2010, 09:31 AM
Old hair dryers make good warmers to thaw frozen pipes. They move a lot of air and the nozzle concentrates it where you need it. Make sure not to leave it unattended and don't aim it too close to combustibles.

I also used one recently to pre-warm a very thin piece of foiled stained glass I was going to solder. I thought it would lessen the temperature change shock and thereby lessen the chance of breakage. No breakage occurred. Could have been coincidence ;).

funnybunny668
January 10th, 2010, 09:56 AM
I think my most common usage for a blowdryer is to dry the resulting wet spot from having to spot wash whatever shirt I just spilled/dripped something on! LOL ;)

dragonfrog
January 10th, 2010, 12:31 PM
I use my blowdryer to dry my body after a shower. Especially between my toes. I dont like feeling damp and it gets me nice and toasty. It feels good. They should make some sort of body blowers in bathrooms.

I do this as well, it's very nice :)

florenonite
January 10th, 2010, 12:45 PM
This has reminded me of how I used to put my clothes on my radiator at night so that in the morning the radiator warms them. I've totally forgotten to do that the past few months; I should definitely start again!