PDA

View Full Version : Big Chop Today...

Cherry_Sprinkle
January 9th, 2010, 09:47 PM
I had been putting off a trim for quite some time and my poor little ends were paying the price... so I went ahead and bit the bullet and made an appointment for a trim... to my surprise she told me she didn't need to take more than 1/4" of an inch but I asked for her to thicken up my hemline a little bit... and though I don't regret the trim.. I am still missing the little extra length... anyway.. how does it look?

She straightened my hair for the first time in years and used some moroccan oil on it. I'm excited that she's interested in using some oils in her new salon! :) Please ignore the lack of super-shine.. I need to henna gloss again.

Before:
http://www.septemberpixie.com/lj/hair/sig5.jpg

Today:
http://www.septemberpixie.com/lj/hair/trimjan2010.jpg

Yozhik
January 9th, 2010, 09:59 PM
It looks great -- I'm glad she didn't do anything too drastic. Your hair still looks great, and I don't think the length looks that different (granted, though, it probably feels a lot shorter to you, and your hair is straightened, so it's difficult to tell) :)

Looking good ;)

Tryst
January 9th, 2010, 10:04 PM
Your hair looks gorgeous both before and after!

I'm with Yozhik, I can't notice a difference in length but :cheer: to your new healthy ends.

yellowchariot
January 9th, 2010, 10:14 PM
Hey Cherry_Sprinkle,

In all honesty, I don't think it degraded or took anything away from the overall appearance of your hair (which is a good thing ;)) Your hair looks very healthy and smooth! If anything it most likely helped, especially in the long run. :thumbsup:

Cherry_Sprinkle
January 9th, 2010, 10:17 PM
Thanks everyone :flower: I lost anywhere from 4"-6".. she trimmed to match the longest layer I was growing out but didn't touch the other layers at all.. she told me they are a touch dry but no where near breakage so just to oil them more! It just touches waist straight so I'm sad to think of where it will reach in its natural twirly state.. but I figure it's better to get a good chop in once in a while and I was just a few months shy of a full year!

Coriander
January 9th, 2010, 10:24 PM
Your hair is still so beautiful that it makes me seriously want to henna. :D

Moonstruck
January 10th, 2010, 12:26 AM
Your hair is jaw-droppingly gorgeous! Those are the sexiest red curls I've seen in a while.

But um, on a more related note, it doesn't look like too much of a hack to me - your hair still looks healthy and great and thick. It doesn't look noticeably shorter (probably feels like it, though), just a more blunt end. Nice!

Toadstool
January 10th, 2010, 02:35 AM
You have such beautiful hair!

SunshineHair
January 10th, 2010, 03:04 AM
Other than the lighting and major curls, it looks pretty much the same, very pretty!!

Pixna
January 10th, 2010, 07:08 AM
The length looks pretty much the same to me in both pics, though the new hemline looks great. You've got beautiful curls (in the first pic) and color!!

lexiflowers
January 10th, 2010, 09:11 AM
I've been noticing your sig pic under all your posts since I got here because your curls and colour are so gorgeous! I henna (without cassia though) and my hair's a very similar colour but I'd love to have beautiful curls like that.

The haircut's good, it's always best to get rid of tatty dead ends. It doesn't look too much shorter straightened but I imagine it'll ping back up somewhat once your curls come back. It'll look lovely though, and it'll be in better condition for growing some more. You are very lucky. :)

Bunnyhare
January 10th, 2010, 09:18 AM
Hi Cherry Sprinkle!
You have such beautiful hair, i am always in awe at the pictures you put up..and i am with the other posters here, it doesn't look like much length is gone at all, but i am sure you will feel it, especially once it is whirly again..but it is healthy and beautiful and i am so glad you found a hair dresser that is long hair friendly and she uses oils! Does she have a traveling service?!;0)

Speckla
January 10th, 2010, 09:23 AM
It looks wonderful!

Shield31
January 10th, 2010, 09:36 AM
Both before and after, your hair is spectacular!!!:)

Medievalmaniac
January 10th, 2010, 09:43 AM
I can see the marked difference in length, actually - but I also see the thicker hemline, and I know that has been one of your "wishes" for a while now - so I think it was a great choice for you. The 4.5 or so inches you have lost will grow back, and fall so beautifully with such an even hemmie. :)

redneckprincess
January 10th, 2010, 09:43 AM
looks great..to me (maybe becuse its straightened) it actually looks longer!!

Cherry_Sprinkle
January 10th, 2010, 12:17 PM
I can see the marked difference in length, actually - but I also see the thicker hemline, and I know that has been one of your "wishes" for a while now - so I think it was a great choice for you. The 4.5 or so inches you have lost will grow back, and fall so beautifully with such an even hemmie. :)

It has been.. it's been a frustration of mine for a long time that my ends, though they looked ok and healthy, were so thin that I barely had anything to tuck in a bun and when I wore them straight it looked like just a few hairs.. I really wanted a nice thick hemline and to get rid of that V-shape it was taking on.. I think now it will pull more of a U shape since the hair is thicker.. we hope anyway!

I'm also really thrilled my stylist is expiramenting with oils to find something she likes and wants to carry in her shop.. she's really hooked on the moroccan oil, she used it before she did my hair and after. :) She's also even asked me to send her emails and stuff with things I find that I like so I love how open minded she is. She recently opened her own salon and is really into trying and testing new things and the fact that she's interested in oils of any kind thrills me.

Cherry_Sprinkle
January 11th, 2010, 09:22 AM
I think the reason people are saying they don't see a difference is it's straight in one pic and a little curly in another. I won't hit waist curly because I just touch there straight. :(

InTheCity
January 11th, 2010, 11:22 AM
It looks great and perhaps its the condition of your hair but the pics do not look like you took off as much length as you did! I thought it was an inch or two :D

Nightshade
January 11th, 2010, 12:29 PM
Very nice! :inlove:

Spike
January 11th, 2010, 01:44 PM
I think your hair looks lovely. I understand missing the 4-6 inches gone, but the hemline looks less fairytaily, and that sounds like what you were after.

camirra555
January 11th, 2010, 03:14 PM
Looks great!

Cherry_Sprinkle
January 12th, 2010, 12:55 PM
Update to say that curly it now falls between BSL and WL.. so mid back length curly *sigh* :(

JamieLeigh
January 13th, 2010, 10:50 AM
You're so mean!! Lol, I read the title of the thread and who had started it and my stomach went into my ankles. I was like, "I KNOW all that gorgeous red hair didn't just come off...." :D Glad you had an awesome salon experience, apparently those are rare in this community. It looks fabulous, and I'm very happy to see that it's still there. Mostly. ;) Tricksy, tricksy....