PDA

View Full Version : Parts and Cuts?

curlylocks85
January 9th, 2010, 09:44 PM
I started parting my hair on the side recently and I have noticed that now my hair is longer on one side.

Here are my questions; if you part on the side do you cut your hair when parted in the middle or when parted on the side? Does this affect putting your up and/or wearing it down?

lol21
January 9th, 2010, 11:22 PM
well i am a guy but its best to part it to the side, when getting it cut for a style in which u want hair parted to the side.

will it effect when u wear your hair up? that I am not sure of

Cherry_Sprinkle
January 9th, 2010, 11:34 PM
Usually when getting a trim my stylist will ask me which side I part my hair on.. I have not noticed one side growing longer than the other though.. but yes, if I am getting a cut I usually want it styled the way I normally wear it before she cuts it.

Natalia
January 9th, 2010, 11:35 PM
I part to the center when trimming because i like the feathery look you get when you part to the side afterwards.

lol21
January 9th, 2010, 11:36 PM
I part to the center when trimming because i like the feathery look you get when you part to the side afterwards.

what do you mean by feathery?

Cherry_Sprinkle
January 9th, 2010, 11:36 PM

I do this too but because I never part to one specific side.

lol21
January 9th, 2010, 11:39 PM
I do this too but because I never part to one specific side.

same here and I am guy lol. but i will start parting to the middle more, even though my cut was for the side.

but its in layers so I think in the middle works just as good

wookermuffin
January 10th, 2010, 06:29 AM
No matter what stylist I've gone to they always ask me which way I part my hair and when I tell them they then ask me to part it to the middle while they cut it. I'm not sure why but I've never noticed any unbalancedness in the lengths of each side so I'm happy. :hmm:

spidermom
January 10th, 2010, 10:47 AM
I rarely part my hair. Otherwise I basically comb it straight back and then let it fall as it may, creating what looks like a very crooked part, and not always on the same side. When I get it cut, the stylist parts it in the middle.

Carolyn
January 10th, 2010, 10:57 AM
I do what Spidermom does. I don't think it matters to much when you get to the longer lengths. Years ago I had about APL length hair and it did matter where it was parted when it was trimmed. I had a side part and did not want the feathery effect that was mentioned above. I had my hair cut like Lynn Herring (Lucy Coe on GH). It was an awesome cut and I loved it. It required being parted on the side when it was trimmed. I had to insist my stylist cut it that way. She didn't want to. I explained the look I was going for and she cut it the way I wanted. Those feathery ends on one side drove me insane.