PDA

View Full Version : French Braid help

shockinglength
January 9th, 2010, 01:19 PM
I can finally french braid now!!! I need help tucking the end though. My mair is just past BSL is my hair to long to do this?

SunshineHair
January 9th, 2010, 01:55 PM
I wish I could help you! I dont know how to do any of that. I bet it is pretty :)

anneisanne
January 9th, 2010, 02:32 PM
I don't think it would be too long, but I also don't have any advice. I'm sure it looks nice, though.

Coriander
January 9th, 2010, 02:34 PM
Do you mean tucking the end up under the braid so the whole braid is up underneath?

If it doesn't stay by itself you could try using a hairstick to weave through... or a slide. Congratulations on the French braid! It took me years and years to learn. :)

Renbirde
January 9th, 2010, 02:47 PM
Yes, you can do it. :) My hair is almost classic, and I still do this! If you think it looks a bit odd, try it with a draped French braid, or a draped Dutch braid. They are done just the same, but once you get about halfway down the back of your head, start holding your hands farther away from your head. It makes the sides looser. :)

http://www.hairboutique.com/images/FrenchBraid7.JPG

GoddesJourney
January 9th, 2010, 05:32 PM
Yes, you can do it. :) My hair is almost classic, and I still do this! If you think it looks a bit odd, try it with a draped French braid, or a draped Dutch braid. They are done just the same, but once you get about halfway down the back of your head, start holding your hands farther away from your head. It makes the sides looser. :)

http://www.hairboutique.com/images/FrenchBraid7.JPG

I love that style. I gave up with mine because I was having layering issues. I should try again.

As for tips... Make a single hole straight up at the nape, as if you were maybe going to do an inverted topsy tail. Some people do this with a pencil or a pick. I find it less messy if I push the braid up from the elastic at the end and just feed it up through until it's far enough in.

enfys
January 9th, 2010, 06:17 PM
I remember reading a member saying they used a crochet hook to help pull it up. That makes sense but I can't really French braid well enough to try it out.

shockinglength
January 9th, 2010, 06:56 PM
Thanks every one. I tried this again and put some flower bobby pins in the braid. It holds the end in quite well. I really like how it looks. Will this style cause anybreakage? I braid somewhat loosly. I like the look of drapping, but I can't do it right now, because my layers would fall out.