PDA

View Full Version : longer on the right side of my head

marobader
January 9th, 2010, 11:01 AM
With that no indivuale hair has the same lenght as onther one the right side of my head is longer than the left one I don't knowe it is the way I trim or gene thing or the way I always wear it (role it and keep it high)or what . It's about 2cm longer now and I don't have to cut it again.

pinchbeck
January 9th, 2010, 11:05 AM
Could it be that your hair was trimmed unevenly? I have had that happen more than once. If so, it can be easily corrected.

Gumball
January 9th, 2010, 11:07 AM
For some hair might grow faster on one part of the head (for example the right side) than another part of the head. That is in the same vein in that sometimes people have different thickness on different parts of their hair. That also goes with the example that, if someone were to part their hair down the middle, that one side may be thicker than the other. If it is a big enough concern you can trim the longer side to keep everything even. :)

RoseRedDead
January 9th, 2010, 11:16 AM
I have uneven growth as well (it's not from a bad trim or anything). My right side is longer than my left. Guess I'm just freaky like that.

Like Gumball has stated, there's so much variation on your head, much more than you could think of. My mother did recently trim my hair to even it up, though... <shrug.> I never really look at the back of my head while my hair is down (haha), so it's not like it was a big deal to me.

Clarisse
January 9th, 2010, 12:11 PM
My hair grows a lot faster on the left side. It's thicker, healthier, more voluminous, softer, less dry and grows faster. I trim my hair straight-across, but in a slightly U-like. After not having trimmed my hair for 1&#189; year this fall, I had to cut from waist-when-strecthed-in-the-left to just-shy-of-BSL to get it even. Now it's past BSL again, but at the moment I maintain at this BSL-ish length to get the hemline more even and to make my shorter collarbone-length faceframing layers catch up with the rest.
For a long time I thought it had something to do with the way I handled my hair, but I discovered that I didn't stress the right part of my hair more than the left side. My mom and grandma have the same thing going on with their hair.

If something isn't wrong with your trimming-technique, and if you don't stress the left part of your hair a lot, its probably something genetic. Trimming is the onliest way to get rid of the difference.

Coriander
January 9th, 2010, 01:16 PM
My hair often looks crooked (well, it actually is now lol) because I tilt my head. It can be easily corrected, as people have stated, or you can just let it be as you wear it up. :)

BrightEyes
January 9th, 2010, 01:21 PM
Hair really does grow longer on one side. I am a hairstylist and when I was working I saw it all the time. Kind of crazy.

GlennaGirl
January 9th, 2010, 02:11 PM
My hair grows longer (or I guess faster) on the left than the right. It doesn't bother me; when the difference gets ridiculous I take a smidge off. :)

anneisanne
January 9th, 2010, 02:28 PM
I've had hairdressers cut my hair crooked multiple times, so it could be that.

Fiferstone
January 9th, 2010, 03:54 PM
I have a similar thing. I have more hair on the right side of my head than on the left side, and my hair is basically allowed to part wherever it wants, slightly off center to the right. Also, it tends to grow faster from the center than the sides, so my hemline naturally grows in a "u" shape, though I prefer a straight blunt hemline on myself.