PDA

View Full Version : Denman brush suddenly static-y

Loviatar
January 8th, 2010, 11:24 AM
I usually use a Denman D5 brush for styling and have had no problems with it in the past. (I use a Denman BBB at night). However, my D5 has suddenly this month started to crackle when I brush my hair. Not much, and my hair doesnt go all over the place with the static, but I don't like it.

Has anyone else had this problem with their Denman?

Does anyone know how to fix this problem? (Other than 'don't use that brush'? I'd like to avoid having to buy a new brush, please. I like my Denman. I just want it to stop crackling.)

sumptuousness
January 8th, 2010, 02:42 PM
It could be the dry winter weather. I've noticed more crackling when I brush or comb too recently. Oiling a little bit seems to help (the hair, not the brush, lol) :)

misstwist
January 8th, 2010, 05:53 PM
It could be the dry winter weather. I've noticed more crackling when I brush or comb too recently. Oiling a little bit seems to help (the hair, not the brush, lol) :)

What she said.

My hair has been a bit static floaty since the bitter cold started around here. Doesn't matter what brush or comb I use. Aloe vera gel helps.

lapushka
January 9th, 2010, 10:52 AM
As a teen when that happened, I used to spray hairspray on my comb or brush (lots of it), or use some on my hair. I don't know why, but it helped. When I recommended it to someone else in my class, she didn't have any luck with it, though. What can I say, I was a teen, I hairsprayed just about anything. :oops: :lol:

misstwist
January 9th, 2010, 12:25 PM
What can I say, I was a teen, I hairsprayed just about anything. :oops: :lol:

<picturing hairsprayed pets> :couch:

Kuchen
January 9th, 2010, 12:42 PM
This is why I seldom use my Denman! Nothing but a mess of static.

lapushka
January 9th, 2010, 12:45 PM
<picturing hairsprayed pets> :couch:

LOL. I wasn't that bad. ;)