PDA

View Full Version : New Year...New Hair!

Auryn
January 8th, 2010, 11:23 AM
Ok, I had been thinking and pondering and thinking and pondering on this decision for the better part of the the last half of 2009. I went to a stylist and had her take off all of the dyed sections of my hair. I went from approx. 23 inches to 17 inches ( just below APL to the nape of my neck). This got rid off all of the blonde with the exception of about an eighth of an inch near the front (you can barely see it). I'll put up some pics as soon as I can take them.

I do have a question though. I work at Little Caesars and every night I work, I come home smelling of flour, garlic and pizza. I don't want to wash every day (I prefer every other to every 3rd day.) but I don't know how to get the smell out of my hair. Do you guys know of any tips? I've tried ACV but I don't like the smell at all. Oils don't agree with my hair and I'm not sure what else to try. Do you think maybe a really gentle shampoo would work? If so, what do you guys recommend?

Thanks!

maxzeen
January 8th, 2010, 11:25 AM
Have you tried mixing an essential oil in water and putting it in a spritzer? You could put lavander in it and spritz your hair after you come home from work. It would give a light pretty smell to your hair, and it would make it shiny.

TheCatSaidQuack
January 8th, 2010, 01:18 PM
I did the same thing! I went from 25 inches to 17 (though not on purpose, long story) on new years day to get rid of the damaged ends. What about using a scented dry shampoo, like Oscar Blandi? it has a lemon scent that may work to cover the pizza scent, and absorb any greasiness. Or you could use essentials like rosemary or lavender like the PP suggested.

GoddesJourney
January 8th, 2010, 01:55 PM
I used to spray rosewater in my hair. It has just a tiny bit of light rose oil mixed in with water. The rose scent dries out. The best part is that when it rains or if you sweat, the rose scent comes back out.

I would suggest a gentle shampoo anyway. I switched to SLS free stuff so I can feel good about my daily washings.

DakarNick
January 8th, 2010, 05:03 PM
Little Caesar's? You made me so hungry!

pepperminttea
January 8th, 2010, 08:14 PM
Have you tried mixing an essential oil in water and putting it in a spritzer? You could put lavender in it and spritz your hair after you come home from work. It would give a light pretty smell to your hair, and it would make it shiny.

Agreed - I've been trying this to make myself smell less of my mother's kitchen when I go out, works like a charm. :)

I know the initial smell of ACV isn't wonderful, but it honestly does disappear when the hair dries?

spidermom
January 8th, 2010, 10:25 PM
You can always dilute your shampoo with a little bit or even a lot of water; it shouldn't dry out your hair. You could perhaps try tying your hair up in a scarf or bandana.