PDA

View Full Version : Light Oil Treatments

coscass
January 7th, 2010, 11:49 PM
I used some olive oil in my hair. I put a few drops in my palms, rubbed together then smoothed it down my length. Then put some more into my palms, rubbed them together, then scrunched them into my ends.

How often can I do this? Does it build up? Will CO washing take it out or do I have to use something stronger?

Coriander
January 8th, 2010, 12:38 AM
From what I've read from people who CO, it's enough to remove a light oiling. :)

It sounds like a great routine! I do the same using jojoba oil, but then again I shampoo once or twice a week.

Natalia
January 8th, 2010, 01:02 AM
Just my own experiance but CO has taken out both light and heavy oilings. If you feel concerned about it lightly dampen you hair and apply the conditioner before you shower so it can sit longer less diluted.

Merewen
January 8th, 2010, 03:03 PM
You can do it as often as you like. Experiment - if it looks greasy it's probably too much.

I have had no problems with CO taking out any amount of oil.

petitepraline
January 8th, 2010, 06:46 PM
From reading around on the forums, most people say CO works as long as you leave the conditioner in for a bit. But sometimes you might need to condition twice :)

Yozhik
January 8th, 2010, 06:49 PM
With light oilings, you should be fine with CO. If it starts looking bad, maybe try diluted shampoo?

HTH

Ash
January 8th, 2010, 08:38 PM
I have often found that conditioner removes the oil better than shampoo. Depending on the amount of oil I used, it may not come out completely but using conditioner seemed to make it less tangly than using shampoo.