PDA

View Full Version : Curly gone straight?!

SlightlySoprano
January 7th, 2010, 11:00 PM
So how many curlies experience their hair straightening out in the winter (less humidity)? What do you do about it?

TIA!:confused:

Hannah83
January 8th, 2010, 02:34 AM
Oh, is that why? I blamed the length, but maybe I could blame the weather? Hopefully it'll curl up when spring arrives. :cheer: I would love that, i've been thinking about cutting så now I have to wait untill the seasons change. Yay!

Monsterkitti
January 8th, 2010, 02:36 AM
Mine does seem straighter than in the past but have been thinking thats length instead of weather too. Maybe I'll regain some bounce in the summer *crosses fingers* :)

Margeaux
January 8th, 2010, 02:37 AM
I don't notice any flattening out, but my hair does get a lot more static (with more tendency to frizz) in cold, dry weather, unfortunately...

My personal remedy for that is CO, CO, CO! ;)

SlightlySoprano
January 8th, 2010, 09:29 AM
its probably a mix of length (weight) and dryness in the air... Don't give up yet!! I'm gonna try CO CO CO CO CO! hahaha:)

aahavaa
January 8th, 2010, 12:39 PM
Wow this thread made me laugh because I had just been thinking to myself before logging on here that I have the opposite thing happen.My hair seems to get more curly in the winter.Because a couple of months ago my hair was starting to look more like 1C than a 2b.Now the waves are back full force ,its so strange.However Im about to do a full henna any day now so I wonder if that will kill the waves.ts been about 2 months since my last henna.

coscass
January 8th, 2010, 02:51 PM
This has been happening to me, too! I'm almost positive it's the weather. It just seems like a sheet of poofy, not-curly hair. If that makes any sense. We got a humidifier, though, so maybe that will help put some moisture back into the air and back into my hair.

SlightlySoprano
January 8th, 2010, 02:53 PM
This has been happening to me, too! I'm almost positive it's the weather. It just seems like a sheet of poofy, not-curly hair. If that makes any sense. We got a humidifier, though, so maybe that will help put some moisture back into the air and back into my hair.

That's EXACTLY what happens to me, and since it's all poofy/frizz i know its just the curls being like "help!!!"

jera
January 8th, 2010, 02:58 PM
I've got wavies, not curlies, but mine does straighten out from weight and low humidity. Today was a 'poo day and my wavies regained lots of bounce. :)

Pierre
January 8th, 2010, 03:01 PM
Not me, my ends are curly as ever!

coscass
January 8th, 2010, 03:09 PM
That's EXACTLY what happens to me, and since it's all poofy/frizz i know its just the curls being like "help!!!"
That's what I thought. So I tried DT and SMT and nothing seems to help. :(

SpinDance
January 8th, 2010, 04:13 PM
Interesting question. I don't know the answer, but I do know that my previously poofy, fluffy hair has begun to settle into definite waves and some long loose spiral curls in the last couple of months. It has been getting more pronounced as I continue to oil and wear up-dos so much. I sure hope that this change, which I have been attributing to more knowledgeable care, isn't also related to the weather!

coscass
January 8th, 2010, 08:54 PM
I don't know if this is just coincidence, but I did this out of boredom and my hair seems much happier.

I took a spray bottle and filled it with warm milk and some melted honey, spritzed it into my dry hair, let it sit, then rinsed. spritzed again, until the bottle was empty, then rinsed, then rinsed again with an ACV rinse and cold water.

My hair seems a lot curlier now.

Is milk commonly used in hair, if at all? I don't know what made me decide to use it.

Curlsgirl
January 8th, 2010, 09:22 PM
I have heard of a coconut milk soak but not regular milk. Hmmmmm

My hair is usually quite a bit straighter in winter. A lot of times I keep it straight and wash only about once a week. For one thing to wear it curly I pretty much have to let it dry by itself to look good and it is 13 degrees right now. :eek: Anyway when summer comes then I wear it curly most all the time and it's fine with way better curls. I didn't have that trouble as much when it was shorter lengths.

Babyfine
January 8th, 2010, 10:07 PM
Mine does.
I live in the uppermidwest US, where the summers are very humid
and the winters very cold and skin and hair gets dry.
My hair loses a lot of it's wurl during the cold winters.
I've been using more moisturizing products to help prevent this a bit.

RocketDog
January 8th, 2010, 11:56 PM
I get a ton of frizz across my canopy, but the underlayers that dry slower look as perfect as ever... I blame the dry furnace air and awful conditions outdoors