PDA

View Full Version : My hair needs a pick-me-up

coscass
January 7th, 2010, 04:41 PM
Any ideas? I spent about a week at a friends house, in which I used something with cones in it, so I ultimately ended up using some shampoo to get them out. I also used a blow fryer at least twice, since it was freezing cold there and they hardly had any heat.

Now my hair seems to be kinda.. frazzled. It's not holding any curls, rather just poofing out with a few waves in the back. I'm not sure what happened or how to fix it.

florenonite
January 7th, 2010, 04:51 PM
It sounds dried out. Try a heavy oil treatment, or an SMT. And just generally baby it.

Islandgrrl
January 7th, 2010, 04:52 PM
SMT, for sure. Or any other deep condish kind of treatment you might like. Add a little oil to the ends if you need it, too.

coscass
January 7th, 2010, 04:53 PM
Can someone better explain an oil treatment? I've tried virgin olive oil in my hair before and the results were horrible. So maybe I was doing it wrong.

florenonite
January 7th, 2010, 04:56 PM
I've only done it with coconut oil, but essentially you cover your hair in oil the night before a wash, braid it or clip it up, and wash it out in the morning. You can also lightly oil after washing by rubbing a drop or two of oil (or a fingernail-scraping if it's a solid oil) between your hands and applying it to your hair.

redneckprincess
January 7th, 2010, 05:20 PM
I suggest that you try a SMT

whiteisle
January 7th, 2010, 06:19 PM
Another vote for SMT. Those puppies are great! :)

coscass
January 7th, 2010, 06:45 PM
Can I do a SMT without aloe gel? I don't have any. I only have conditioner and honey.

florenonite
January 8th, 2010, 07:10 AM
Can I do a SMT without aloe gel? I don't have any. I only have conditioner and honey.

Sure! It's not technically an SMT, but loads of people have done it and report good results.

redneckprincess
January 8th, 2010, 08:04 AM
absoutly!!!