PDA

View Full Version : waist length & dry hair

marobader
January 7th, 2010, 01:42 PM
I have dry hair & since I was a little gril I want waist length but never get it and my hair was much better than now ( I got it relaxed once wiht very bad relaxer kind my hair never the same after that) I learn some staff here it realy help . I am 170cm with hair alittle softer than average african hair and I can't calculate my growth per month as it some time it is't growing at all .now I am BSL+ and I had 5inchs to wasit and I had breaking & spliting (much less but still much) the question is can I reach waist & when and any advices for me.

Finoriel
January 8th, 2010, 03:49 AM
I´m moving your thread to the main forum for you :).
Hopefully a curly hair expert will post some advice for you :wink: in lack of curly hair I guess I would not be of much help here.

30isthenewblack
January 8th, 2010, 05:31 AM
Welcome to the LCH Marobader :waving: Before I came to the LHC, my hair never grew past BSL when I pulled my hair straight. It was a combination I believe of my hair breaking through damage such as hair colour but also hairdressers trimming off my hair growth.

My hair has grown through trimming my own hair and doing micotrims of 0.25" - 0.5" every three months. Some members here may not believe in trims but I believe it kickstarts my growth. I also take hair vitamins and take Qsilica and Figaro Hair Food tablets which is available in Australia. I've also stopped colouring my hair. That's basically my whole routine plus conditioner only washing and sometimes putting jojoba oil on the ends of my hair which you may find useful as you have dry ends.

The truth is that for curly hair to reach waist, it takes a very long time. My longest layer is now at hip straight but I'm still at least 6" away from waist curly hair. The reality is that I'll probably have to grow my hair to tailbone or longer to reach my goal length. It's really frustrating growing curly hair and it's a lot harder to see progress.

I have afro curly hair and it's very rare in Australia to see waist length hair with that texture but it is possible. You may want to look at this website - http://formermushroomhairedchild.blogspot.com/ She also damaged her hair with relaxers but has managed to grow her hair to tailbone length.

marobader
January 8th, 2010, 02:07 PM
thanks finoriel :) I am still learing about LHC
30isthenewblack thanks for the support your curle looks great. mine is much less than yours I don't knowe if I classified my hair right but your hair looks soffter than mine (I use herbal essaness shampoo &condioner but the hair products quality in egypt is not that good ) also recently taking hair vitamins
I guess your advice for me is have patience & and I have no other option

Coriander
January 9th, 2010, 02:40 PM
Welcome, Marobader. I have straight hair, so may not be much help. Many people use oils and leave-in conditioners to help with dryness.