PDA

View Full Version : hair frustration again

natorade
January 6th, 2010, 07:42 PM
next week will be my 5 month anniversary of growing my awful haircut and I am so dissapointed with my length. I was really hoping that I would be closer to collarbone by 5 months and I think I am only to chin length or maybe a tad longer. I was really hoping that by my bday in Feb I would have significant length. I am so frustrated and discouraged. :mad:

Thanks for letting me vent

Anje
January 6th, 2010, 08:44 PM
:grouphug:

Hang in there. I'm sorry it's not growing faster, but it does look beautiful and healthy. In your sig, it looks like it's mostly one length, so growing past this point you won't have to deal with the mullety phase, which is a plus!

SpinDance
January 6th, 2010, 08:50 PM
You have lovely hair, and if you are like me, your hair may not grow as fast during the colder months. Be patient. It takes time, and suddenly you'll realize it's longer than you had expected! Best of luck with your journey.

jivete
January 6th, 2010, 09:01 PM
I understand your frustration. I find "growing" hair to be annoying and wish I could just ignore it. You look like you have a bit of wave and it's probably sucking up some of your length. But it's very pretty and will be longer in no time.

juliaxena
January 6th, 2010, 10:32 PM
I remember some time ago you had really fast growth. Some of us only get half inch a month so you are still lucky to get that far. If you are not malnutritioned, sleep deprived, ill or stressed, hair will growl so hang in there!

Coriander
January 7th, 2010, 12:18 AM
Growing out shorter hair is SO frustrating, I know... My hair was quite above my collar for several months, and then I let it grow. It seemed to take forever!

Your hair looks amazing now. I know it will continue to be beautiful as you go through each stage. :)

Carolyn
January 7th, 2010, 02:09 AM
I think you've gained quite a bit in that time. 5 months of growing for the average person is 2 1/2". Hang in there and don't give up.

prittykitty
January 7th, 2010, 03:00 AM
Try monistat. I have been using it and my hair is growing faster than it ever has.

Little_Bird
January 7th, 2010, 04:29 AM
Natorade, don't fret about it! We've all been there where you are, and trust me, it'll grow!

Also, your hair seems to have a little bit of a wave, so it's natural that it's going to seem to take more time. 5 months is not a very long time. I think you shouldn't wait for a certain lenght in a certain time. I've done that too and many times i got frustrated or sad. You know, a "watched pot never boils" :p

Look on the bright side, your hair is lovely! It's forming those beautyfull waves and the colour is amazing too! I can picture it long and it'll be wow :)

Don't be sad or frustrated... Your hair is growing :flower:

natorade
January 8th, 2010, 01:25 AM
thank you everyone for the encouraging words..I am just trying to suck it up lol...