PDA

View Full Version : Are Ficcares ok with damp or oiled hair?

intothemist1999
January 6th, 2010, 07:22 PM
Subject pretty much covers it all. :D

I was just wondering if either damages the finish.

Thanks!

sapphire-o
January 6th, 2010, 10:44 PM
They're what I wear to the swimming pool. :) And I wash them with soap and water after. I think they're fine if you dry them off with a cloth after. Although I would choose the plain gold or silver one if possible ;), and never do it with those rhinestone ones.

Coriander
January 7th, 2010, 12:33 AM
I use mine on both damp and oiled hair, and haven't noticed any bad effects. I usually rinse mine off and dry them.

manderly
January 7th, 2010, 02:01 AM
I use mine in wet or gooey hair. The inside of the clip looks kind of blah, but it doesn't seem to harm the outside finish at all.

intothemist1999
January 7th, 2010, 08:03 AM
They're what I wear to the swimming pool. :) .

Silly me. :o I remember you telling me that!

GlassEyes
January 7th, 2010, 09:14 AM
Yeah, they should be fine. However, be careful with damp hair, as I could never get my ficcare (when I had them) to not pull my hair even when dry--and when wet, there was going to be broken hair no matter what I did. *grumble*

...XD This is why I don't have them anymore.

Stevy
January 10th, 2010, 07:25 AM
I think my experience is pretty much the same as everyone else's who's commented here - a bit of discolouration to the underside of the Ficcare, but no other ill effects.

Isilme
January 10th, 2010, 10:27 AM
I'm the odd one who would not recommend this. I think damp hair might have contributed to some damage on my ficcares. Two of three of them have had discoloration and the teeth have come loose at the ends.

truwave
January 10th, 2010, 12:52 PM
What about damage that may be caused to your hair? GlassEyes mentioned she had some broken hair, anyone else had this experience?

RocketDog
January 10th, 2010, 04:28 PM
I have worn mine in slightly damp or oiled hair with no ill effects, but I have only a few weeks' experience with them. I don't have any problems with the clips catching or damaging my hair, but depending on your hair texture and how tight you like your updos might lead to tangles. I find they work best in smooth updos, I don't think I'd wear a ficcare if I was wearing my hair in a loose updo (which I normally do when I have air-dried it down, to take advantage of the body and curl) because there is the risk of catching your hair in the mechanism.