PDA

View Full Version : Long Hair on Kate G.- wow!

marikamt
January 6th, 2010, 02:42 PM
Not that I am huge follower of reality TV stars, but I just saw a picture of Kate Gosselin (I think on the cover of People?) with long blond extensions.... I thought she looked adorable and it made her look so much younger!!!!!

hopefully, this link works... http://www.etonline.com/news/2010/01/82585/

So I guess "The Kate" (former haircut) is officially "out".... :D

Shicurls
January 6th, 2010, 02:44 PM
Wow! She looks so good with long hair! I'm kinda glad the look is gone....

enfys
January 6th, 2010, 02:47 PM
Brilliant look for her!

Could it be related to the divorce they mention? New start,new hair? It's a good incentive for her grow it anyway.

spidermom
January 6th, 2010, 03:03 PM
All three looks I've seen on her strike me as being so fake; I haven't seen one that I liked yet. But that's o.k.; I'm sure she wouldn't like my look either.

Euphony
January 6th, 2010, 03:09 PM
I must be out of the loop, who's Kate Gosselin?

walterSCAN
January 6th, 2010, 03:10 PM
I've seen pictures of her natural color and thought it was much better for her complexion... Agreed, though, I feel like the longer hair suits her.

Hehehe. Too bad she doesn't care what I think...

Ruvie
January 6th, 2010, 03:15 PM
oh wow, that is a difference! i didnt even recognize her! ya, she looks soo much younger. long hair suits her very well :)

catysue
January 6th, 2010, 03:29 PM
Cool. Big improvement from her ugly, ugly, UGLY short spiked with long bangs haircut. That was just so awful

marikamt
January 6th, 2010, 03:39 PM
I must be out of the loop, who's Kate Gosselin?

Jon and Kate plus 8... they have a reality TV show on TLC (I think?)

Spring
January 6th, 2010, 03:43 PM
I hate all of the hurt going on with her Jon and those precious kids :(. I really hope they can work it all out.

her hair....
Wow, I didn't recognize her either and was looking all over the cover before I realized she was the main pic on the cover. Her hair imo is beautiful short or long.

kimki
January 6th, 2010, 03:43 PM
I'm not sure who she is, but the hair looks good on her :)

camirra555
January 6th, 2010, 04:02 PM
I thought the short hair looked good on her but this looks nice as well. She definitely looks way younger with the extensions

christi.adell
January 6th, 2010, 04:08 PM
She's a beautiful woman and she looks good with long hair.
But those are not great extensions. It's so ridiculous when celebrity's have bad extensions!

marikamt
January 6th, 2010, 04:23 PM
I hate all of the hurt going on with her Jon and those precious kids :(. I really hope they can work it all out.

her hair....
Wow, I didn't recognize her either and was looking all over the cover before I realized she was the main pic on the cover. Her hair imo is beautiful short or long.

me too...... I feel so bad for all of them. I don't watch the show (never have) but for some reason was really bothered by the divorce.....

christi.adell I agree... thought the extensions looked a little fake, but I love the long hair on her.....

Coriander
January 6th, 2010, 04:25 PM
Much better. That weird short cut she had was completely overdone.

ButterCup02
January 6th, 2010, 04:52 PM
I like it better long too, but agree the extensions look pretty fake. Maybe now she'll let her grow out naturally? I really didn't care for the short cut she had. I definitely think she looks younger with the longer hair. She is very pretty either way though.

SunshineHair
January 6th, 2010, 04:56 PM
It amazes me how long hair can really change the look of a person!

I stopped watching reality tv, and I HATE gossip! But fun to see hair :)

Copasetic
January 6th, 2010, 05:45 PM
I think long hair is good on her in theory, but the extensions aren't really working. Like others have mentioned, they look quite fake.

JamieLeigh
January 6th, 2010, 05:54 PM
She definitely looks better with long hair. I haven't honestly seen very many people who don't. ;)

noelgirl
January 6th, 2010, 05:55 PM
With the short layers in front, the longer hair in back does look kind of tacked-on, but it does give you an idea of how long hair could look on her. An improvement, for sure.

misspriss
January 6th, 2010, 05:57 PM
My jaw dropped, I did NOT recognize her. I was one of those looking all over not realizing it was her :P

I think her short cut looked harsh and sharp on her, and made her look much older. Even though the extensions are fake, the long hair looks much better IMO.

CTH3989
January 6th, 2010, 06:15 PM
I don't know if it's those extensions but I don't like it. Maybe if she went darker and longer should would look better.

kmangus
January 6th, 2010, 06:19 PM
She looks so good with long hair...that short look was just too spiky for my taste ;)

Sissy
January 6th, 2010, 08:35 PM
I also think she looks good with longer hair.

ericthegreat
January 6th, 2010, 08:53 PM
In my professional opinion as a budding hairstylist, Kate should have waited until her real hair grew out long enough before getting the hair extensions. That way her real hair would blend in better with the extensions. Right now, you can clearly see the extreme length difference between her real hair and the extensions.

Anyway, its clear from the look on her face that she likes her new look so that's all that matters. Hopefully this new makeover of hers will somehow give her the confidence to raise all of her children. I'm sure she's already in talks for another TV reality show as we speak.

Kunoichi
January 6th, 2010, 10:23 PM
I don't know if it's those extensions but I don't like it. Maybe if she went darker and longer should would look better.

Yea, something about it looks funny... Could be that we're just used to seeing her with short hair.

I hope she continues to be more 'mommy' and less "celebrity". Saying things like she wants to be on Dancing with the Stars b/c she cant' dance...etc. just makes me think she's after more publicity...which I'm sure she is as that's how she's supporting her 8 children.

Anywayyyy. The hair? To me it makes her look more 'young, hip celebrity' than 'caring nurturing mommy'. It's all publicity, but as long as people support it, they'll continue. :o

Cinnamon Hair
January 6th, 2010, 10:24 PM
It looks choppy to me. You can see the old cut and where the extensions were added. I would like it better if the extensions were less obvious. Too fake.

girloctopus
January 6th, 2010, 10:28 PM
I don't think it looks that great :rolleyes: It looks very choppy and I can see a sort of stark difference rather than a gradual blending. But perhaps I'm biased because I dislike her in general.

Carolyn
January 7th, 2010, 02:21 AM
I have always thought her short cut was one of the ugliest and most unflattering cuts to come along in years. I can't imagine why women want to copy it :confused: It's hideous. I didn't recognize her with the extentions. No, they aren't the best but they show what she could look like if she let her real hair grow. This just goes to show that long hair can make you look younger and thinner.

Gypsy
January 7th, 2010, 02:28 AM
Her old hair cut was hideous and these extensions are pretty obvious (I mean, beside the fact that she had very short and then long hair in a matter of hours, lol!) but I think the biggest improvement is that she is smiling instead of scowling or yelling at her kids or that dopey ex husband.

marzipanthecat
January 7th, 2010, 03:00 AM
Looks nice - but the extensions themselves are dreadful quality! Looks like someone cut the hair off a few old Barbie dolls and stuck them in...

(It just looks terribly nylon to me!)

VenusHalley
January 7th, 2010, 03:13 AM
Did she hire Britney Spears do her extensions? It looks obviously fake :(

Still it looks better than that short porcupine inspired cut though.

KnightsLady
January 7th, 2010, 04:09 AM
Yeah, she looks good with longer hair.

Sammich
January 7th, 2010, 04:17 AM
Well actually yes, the extentions do look quite... icky. I love the look on her though? (I mean the longhairness.)

redneckprincess
January 7th, 2010, 05:17 AM
The extentions are AWFUL, she needs to just grow out her own hair, adding extentions once they can blend more easly...or put on a wig until then...oh well I personally don't care very much for the woman. And I'm surprised John stayed with her as long as he did. And the kids, who is really caring about what's bst for them...anyways back to the hair...AWFUL!!!! Lmao

NiAosSi
January 7th, 2010, 05:45 AM
Meh. I like her better like this : Kate Gosselin on The View (http://image3.examiner.com/images/blog/EXID12254/images/Kate_Gosselin_Donna_Svennevik_ABC_The_View.jpg).

Sprigs
January 7th, 2010, 06:37 AM
She really looks like Sweet Dee from Its Always Sunny In Philadelphia with the extensions in...

Unzadi
January 7th, 2010, 07:10 AM
I think the extensions give a good idea of what she might look like with her own hair grown out, which I think would look even better.

MissFrenchTwist
January 7th, 2010, 07:53 AM
Kate who...?

I think her 15-minutes-of-fame ran out a long time ago. Fake long hair or no, I think it's time she went back to taking care of the kids she produced and stop going after the next celebrity gig.

Forever_Sophie
January 7th, 2010, 07:58 AM
Huge improvement - although, not a fan, just yesterday it crossed my mind how great it was not hearing of them in a long time :p

Nightshade
January 7th, 2010, 08:23 AM
Well, if that's as good as it looks after it's been Photoshopped to hell and back for the cover of a magazine, I'm thinking it looks even less great in real life. So long as she likes it, though, whatever. I guess it just strikes me as "Celebrity does something SHOCKING" to keep her in the public eye more than anything.

Then again, I don't care for any woman who used emotional manipulation to get her husband to have more kids than he said he was ready for, then wonders why their marriage crumbled under the load of parenting stress and media whoredom. :shrug:

Gypsy
January 7th, 2010, 11:27 AM
Meh. I like her better like this : Kate Gosselin on The View (http://image3.examiner.com/images/blog/EXID12254/images/Kate_Gosselin_Donna_Svennevik_ABC_The_View.jpg).

I agree. That is a cute look for her- softer and a little sassy at the same time.

twilight_faerie
January 7th, 2010, 01:07 PM
I dunno. I think what's really making her look younger is the airbrushing.

CaityBear
January 7th, 2010, 01:37 PM
She looks great with longer hair! Tons younger as well.

I heard on TV she was planning on growing out. She'd keep the extensions and get them adjusted until her own hair is grown out. The extentions do look kind of fake. I hope she does stick with growing her hair out.

paperwhite
January 7th, 2010, 01:38 PM
Well, if that's as good as it looks after it's been Photoshopped to hell and back for the cover of a magazine, I'm thinking it looks even less great in real life. So long as she likes it, though, whatever. I guess it just strikes me as "Celebrity does something SHOCKING" to keep her in the public eye more than anything.

Then again, I don't care for any woman who used emotional manipulation to get her husband to have more kids than he said he was ready for, then wonders why their marriage crumbled under the load of parenting stress and media whoredom. :shrug:

I could not agree with this more, especially the second paragraph! This is exactly what I've been saying all along. She was the one that was pushing for more children/another child (I think she said she just wanted one more) when her husband and partner said he wasn't ready. I know this thread is about her hair, but the largest part of why I dislike her is because she essentially bullied her husband into something he explicitly said he didn't want and got them both into something way over their heads.

*sigh* That all said, I think the extensions look terrible on her, but I also think that nothing could have looked worse than what she already had. Longer, more natural looking hair would be a nice change for her.

DarkChocolate
January 7th, 2010, 01:58 PM
I love her with long hair:)

I am actually impartial to longer hair since I usually do not like pixies:flowers:

DakarNick
January 7th, 2010, 06:37 PM
I liked her old style while she had it, but I also like the look of how she'd possibly look with "real" long hair.

GlennaGirl
January 7th, 2010, 10:20 PM
I think she looks pretty. As for the show, I really never watched it. I think I caught half of it one time and I couldn't stand the way she was talking to him. But I knew nothing of the background of even the conversation, much less the show and far far less their marriage, so I just sort of flipped the channel to something else. :)

But anyway, I think she looks pretty.

Cinnamon Hair
January 7th, 2010, 10:32 PM
This just goes to show that long hair can make you look younger and thinner.

Point taken but it's not the hair that makes her look thinner. Kate is an exercising maniac.

feralnature
January 7th, 2010, 10:41 PM
I loathed her old short hairstyle!

In an interview, Jon said that he was initially attracted to Kate because of her long, beautiful hair. Then, against his wishes, she cut it.

So to me, her choice of hairstyle says a lot.

Forever_Sophie
January 8th, 2010, 08:07 AM
I loathed her old short hairstyle!

In an interview, Jon said that he was initially attracted to Kate because of her long, beautiful hair. Then, against his wishes, she cut it.

So to me, her choice of hairstyle says a lot.

omg! It sure does, esp. since I remember an episode where he was getting hair plugs or whatever they're called because Kate didn't like that his hair was thinning.

Nightshade
January 8th, 2010, 08:47 AM
Does anyone else feel like this whole thing is one big charade by the Discovery Communications enterprise?

Jon & Kate Plus 8 was one of their meal tickets. When the divorce hit, they chose sides for the next iteration.

They made Kate the "good one" (and from what I understood she wans't the nicest woman on the planet on the show), lawyered her up, gave her a publicist, created her "new" persona, played down anything she might have been doing on the side, and painted her up with a victim complex.

Jon, on the other hand, was cut off, made the bad guy, highlighted his on the side relationships, and put him on Nancy Grace for a public evisceration because he wouldn't play nice.

Now he owes alimony, Discovery won't pay him, and he can't get the TV gigs that Kate has due to Discovery's ability to toss some weight around.

So, yeah, I guess that taken in context of Kate "growing" out her hair in a way that Jon found attractive, well, it sort of comes off as one more finger in his direction.

(I suppose I should mention I've never actually seen this show, but I followed articles on it mostly because of the reproductive rights side of things, and that it's a riot to read Fark threads about this trainwreck).

NiAosSi
January 8th, 2010, 11:54 AM
Yes, he's hardcore vilified. She used to verbally abuse him and he's the bad guy?! I'm quite sure she physically abused him as well. As a matter of fact some gossip blogs had said this before they divorced.

I don't care what anyone says, they need to watch this woman's management of her children's money. I hope to Gods she set aside college funds and trust funds for these children. After all, she was whoring them out.

Does anyone else feel like this whole thing is one big charade by the Discovery Communications enterprise?

Jon & Kate Plus 8 was one of their meal tickets. When the divorce hit, they chose sides for the next iteration.

They made Kate the "good one" (and from what I understood she wans't the nicest woman on the planet on the show), lawyered her up, gave her a publicist, created her "new" persona, played down anything she might have been doing on the side, and painted her up with a victim complex.

Jon, on the other hand, was cut off, made the bad guy, highlighted his on the side relationships, and put him on Nancy Grace for a public evisceration because he wouldn't play nice.

Now he owes alimony, Discovery won't pay him, and he can't get the TV gigs that Kate has due to Discovery's ability to toss some weight around.

So, yeah, I guess that taken in context of Kate "growing" out her hair in a way that Jon found attractive, well, it sort of comes off as one more finger in his direction.

(I suppose I should mention I've never actually seen this show, but I followed articles on it mostly because of the reproductive rights side of things, and that it's a riot to read Fark threads about this trainwreck).

florenonite
January 8th, 2010, 12:38 PM

I totally agree. I haven't seen the show, but I've heard that Kate refused her children things like food and water so they'd act up and make good TV. From everything I've heard about her, I can't work out what Jon saw in her, but I feel really bad for him because as far as I can tell he was the decent parent.

TheCatSaidQuack
January 8th, 2010, 01:15 PM
I agree with everyone here - she looks like a completely different person. Much more approachable too, IMO. She looked more than a little intimidating with the shorter 'do.

NiAosSi
January 8th, 2010, 03:35 PM
Yes, there was an interview she was doing and one of the twins wanted water and she refused because they were going on air.Then, she drank water in front of her! :mad:

ETA: Here is the video: KG Denying Daughter Water (http://gosselinswithoutpity.blogspot.com/2009/06/kate-denies-water-to-mady.html).

I totally agree. I haven't seen the show, but I've heard that Kate refused her children things like food and water so they'd act up and make good TV. From everything I've heard about her, I can't work out what Jon saw in her, but I feel really bad for him because as far as I can tell he was the decent parent.

LadyJennifer
January 8th, 2010, 04:01 PM
Wow, I haven't heard anything, I just know that even on the show she acts so mean to everyone. On the show where they went to D-world, she FLIPPED out because the kids got ice cream melted on their clothes (it was really hot). So she took it away (their clothes were already messy, why take it away?) and fed them. Jon thought she was being ridiculous, and apparently so did everyone else on the show, 'cause they asked if she thought she overreacted - of course she said, "No, of course not!"
Let the kids have some fun!

Just saw the picture! Wow! She looks so much better! Maybe someone finally told her her "signature hairstyle" looked bad.

Druid of Alba
January 8th, 2010, 07:22 PM
Ew her hair was so disgusting before! It's SO much nicer now! But I agree with whoever said it looks fake. I prefer natural looking hair on everyone! But, she definately suits long hair better.

RavennaNight
January 8th, 2010, 09:09 PM
Tyra is done. Kate has extensions. What's next? Victoria Beckham and Rhianna grow their hair out?Soon the LHC won't have any celebs to complain about!

LisaButz2001
January 8th, 2010, 09:24 PM
Allegedly, they cost $7,500, took 20 hours, and the stylist had a hard time convincing her to cut her bangs.

manderly
January 8th, 2010, 11:19 PM
I hate this vapid attention whore so much......I tried, I really tried to avoid this thread.

Her plastic crap extensions do nothing to make her a pretty person. She is a shrill, bossy, bitchy, lazy, repulsive human being and I pity - outright pity her children.

And her husband should have cheated on her ass years ago.

Let us not forget she had a metric ass-ton of plastic surgery (http://bumpshack.com/2009/05/26/kate-gosselin%E2%80%99s-makeover-%E2%80%93-before-after-photos/) to get where she is today. And words still fail me about her old porcupine hair. :nono:

Cinnamon Hair
January 8th, 2010, 11:31 PM

I haven't read all the articles on it, but from what I saw from watching the show and what Jon had to say on Inside Edition, Jon is the one who started the fight with TLC. He shut down production and refused to honor his contract with them by not allowing the children to be filmed. So naturally, TLC was not very happy with him. I *think* that was the first blow, but I like I said, I have not read everything out there on it.

girloctopus
January 8th, 2010, 11:51 PM
I hate this vapid attention whore so much......I tried, I really tried to avoid this thread.

Her plastic crap extensions do nothing to make her a pretty person. She is a shrill, bossy, bitchy, lazy, repulsive human being and I pity - outright pity her children.

Let us not forget she had a metric ass-ton of plastic surgery (http://bumpshack.com/2009/05/26/kate-gosselin%E2%80%99s-makeover-%E2%80%93-before-after-photos/) to get where she is today. And words still fail me about her old porcupine hair. :nono:

I feel much the same way. She is not a good person in what she's shown of herself to the public. She is extremely polarizing. When I heard speculation that she may have intentionally set out to have higher order multiples to use as a meal ticket and for attention, my blood ran cold.

The extentions may flatter her more than the porcupine butt reverse mullet thing did, but her ugliness of character still shines through.

Syaoransbear
January 9th, 2010, 12:25 AM
Her stylist did a bad job. She could probably get the same results with $30 clip ins from the internet. I didn't know who this was at first but I could instantly tell that she had extensions, and since this is the cover of a magazine where they do everything they can to make the extensions look real via photoshop or crazy styling skills they must be pretty bad in real life.

I've never watched jon and kate plus 8, but I do not judge people based on what the TV portrays. If I was filmed for a week or two and they combined it into 24 minutes, I might come off as a super bitchy person too. TV loves conflict, and they will show as much of it as they can.

Nightshade
January 9th, 2010, 12:27 AM

I love you so much :inlove:

I haven't read all the articles on it, but from what I saw from watching the show and what Jon had to say on Inside Edition, Jon is the one who started the fight with TLC. He shut down production and refused to honor his contract with them by not allowing the children to be filmed. So naturally, TLC was not very happy with him. I *think* that was the first blow, but I like I said, I have not read everything out there on it.

So far as I understand it, that's pretty much what happened. So they ditched him and kept the parent that wanted to keep the kids in the spotlight and keep the money coming in.

Juneii
January 9th, 2010, 12:51 AM
disregarding her personality, I think the extensions look better on her. she does look younger. although they really do look fake in the picture. and I feel that they airbrushed some pounds off of her too.
but I think we are being a bit biased towards her here. the discussion is about her hair not her lifestyle.

manderly
January 9th, 2010, 12:52 AM
disregarding her personality, I think the extensions look better on her. she does look younger. although they really do look fake in the picture. and I feel that they airbrushed some pounds off of her too.
but I think we are being a bit biased towards her here. the discussion is about her hair not her lifestyle.

You're right. Her fake plastic hair is UGLY ;) :cheese:

Juneii
January 9th, 2010, 12:57 AM
You're right. Her fake plastic hair is UGLY ;) :cheese:

that much is very true. there's not much you can do to make a reverse mullet look acceptable XD

Nightshade
January 9th, 2010, 01:00 AM
*puts on her best innocent face*

I think she does the Joe Dirt look quite nicely!

wintersun99
January 9th, 2010, 01:08 AM

Gypsy
January 9th, 2010, 02:11 AM
Allegedly, they cost $7,500, took 20 hours, and the stylist had a hard time convincing her to cut her bangs.

Yeah. I saw that. Un-freaking-believable.
She is not too bright if she believed that's how much it costs and that stylist is a con artist.
I know women who do their own extensions at home and use high quality human hair and it costs no where near $7000. AND it is blended well and doesn't look tacked in.
All the "reasons" the stylist claimed it costs so much are bogus, he shook her down and any of his other customers who pay that much, plain and simple.
And 20 hours?? Get the ***** outta here- not for that job. If it took that long, then he doesn't know what he's doing.

DanielleRenae
January 10th, 2010, 07:38 PM
Thank goodness that 80s' throwback bi-level backwards asymmetrical Chewbaccan mullet is gone.

Magsi
January 11th, 2010, 02:18 AM
I really like it! :)