PDA

View Full Version : Ends won't curl. Trim time?

abritta3
January 6th, 2010, 01:45 PM
Hi.
So my 3a curls form quite nicely until the last 2inches of my hair...the ends are just bla!
When I examine the ends closely, however, they look great! There is no severe damage apparent.
Here is a picture taken last night (the date on the pic is wrong)
http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/6919/1011350.jpg
I am trying to grow out but I just can't help but think my ends look awful. I just hate how see through they are! The last time I trimmed was in September 09 and I trimmed 3inches!!

Little_Bird
January 6th, 2010, 02:48 PM
I don't think you should trim... Your hair appears to be layered and that must be why it's see trough in the ends, and they don't curl... I usually notice people with layered hair, and the last inches are always much straighter than the rest. I supose it might be because there is less hair there so it hasn't the same strenght to form the locks/waves?.. I think so :)

Either ways, I think your hair is gorgeous and looks healthy and shiny. I don't see a reason to trim if your ends are good and you want more lenght. I'd say go for it! :flower:

jesamyn
January 6th, 2010, 03:02 PM
My hair does that too sometimes. I'm not sure how layers may affect it, though I am growing out some of mine for other reasons. Maybe the ends need a bit of extra moisture? I know you said they weren't damaged, but they may still want some extra moisture from time to time especially with the dry winter air. My hair curls less when the air is dry sometimes when my hair doesn't actually feel dry to me, because even though it's not dry-feeling, it's still wanting extra hydration.

Your color and shine are lovely, btw. :)